Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

One of the numerous things that really depresses me, when I look at the world today, is this action.  

I mean, I con understand what the GOP politicians get, when they oppose every single environmental restriction, ever.  They get lots of money from the polluters.  I don;t approve of putting financial gain ahead of the public good.  But I can at least see what they're getting out of it.  

Eliminating taxes on the rich?  Again, I can at least see what they get out of it.  

Opposing every single anti-discrimination measure in my lifetime?  OK.  They want people who want to discriminate, even to legislate discrimination, to vote for them.  Again, they're harming the country, but they get something out of it.  

But seriously, when did 1,000 dead Americans a day become a part of one Party's official team identity?  What in the world do they gain, that makes this harm they're doing, worth it?  

What gain are they getting, that makes them look at that cost, and say "OK, I'll take that deal."?  

• Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

Republicans have unleashed an ignorant, blind, and selfish beast on this country and eventually they’re going to learn that they won’t be able to control it, but instead be consumed and yoked by it. 

I hate these primitive mother****ers. This is pure corruption of truth, progress, and principle via a reduction into simplicity and extremism. 

• Like 2
17 minutes ago, Fresh8686 said:

Republicans have unleashed an ignorant, blind, and selfish beast on this country and eventually they’re going to learn that they won’t be able to control it, but instead be consumed and yoked by it. 

That already happened. Most of the dash R crowd in today’s GOO are part of the beast. Very few actual Republicans remain.

• Like 1

It's an insane decision, and is actually fairly out of line with precedent. Typically, free exercise cases turn on finding a balance between what is in the state's "compelling interest" to regulate and what might constitute an "unnecessary burden" on religion. Only when you're already an ideologue, as is the case with many of these loons on the bench, could even contest that this is burdensome, much less unnecessarily so. And it goes without saying that the state has a more than compelling interest in keeping its citizens from NOT DYING. That these ***holes should look away from their own traditions' imperatives to help the needy and heal the sick reveals their own hypocrisy too.

• Like 3

So as it turns out, my 33 year old cousin has taken the Moderna vaccine as part of their trials. She got her second shot on Monday of this week. I asked her a few questions about it.

First, with the first shot the said the side effects were more severe than any other vaccine she’s taken before. Mainly regarding pain and irritation around the injection site. It hurt enough for a couple days that she couldn’t sleep on the arm.

She then got tested for antibodies and a PCR test. Her antibodies had built up and she did test positive for Covid. So the vaccine was effective.

She said that the second shot had more severe side effects. The pain at the injection site was there but she also had a mild fever (100.0ish) and fatigue for a or two.

But is was impressed that she took place in the trial and am happy to see it coming along. She did remark that people may put off the booster shot because of the side effects which is concerning. She also said that the first shot will give the body some immunity, how much though isn’t known.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 10
18 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

Larry managed to say what I scream daily. 

I'm stuck home, no one hears it. 

Well, we're reading you at least.

That's a good start :)

And we're backing you up to :)

9 hours ago, Springfield said:

So as it turns out, my 33 year old cousin has taken the Moderna vaccine as part of their trials. She got her second shot on Monday of this week. I asked her a few questions about it.

First, with the first shot the said the side effects were more severe than any other vaccine she’s taken before. Mainly regarding pain and irritation around the injection site. It hurt enough for a couple days that she couldn’t sleep on the arm.

She then got tested for antibodies and a PCR test. Her antibodies had built up and she did test positive for Covid. So the vaccine was effective.

She said that the second shot had more severe side effects. The pain at the injection site was there but she also had a mild fever (100.0ish) and fatigue for a or two.

But is was impressed that she took place in the trial and am happy to see it coming along. She did remark that people may put off the booster shot because of the side effects which is concerning. She also said that the first shot will give the body some immunity, how much though isn’t known.

Think I've read or heard somewhere that immunity granted by vaccines was from 2 to 6 weeks...

Which is definately not enough to me...

• Like 2

My daughter and her new spouse have to self-quarantine for 2 weeks after coming in contact with someone who later tested positive. They found out Wednesday evening so we didn't get together for Thanksgiving. They are getting tested today so keeping my fingers crossed and praying every test they take comes back negative.

• Sad 6