Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

The absolutely pathetic rollout of testing and Trump’s repeated downplaying of public health advisories is pretty much bringing us to the point where this government is behaving as a typical communist authoritarian regime. What we feared China would do is actually happening here and China seems to have their situation under control. Meanwhile, it seems like the course of action for this admin is to minimize bad news to the public to save face, as a bad situation gradually spirals to out of control. And through the downward spiral, the amount of BS they spew will just intensify. With the financial markets sliding, this is all unfortunately headed somewhere not good it seems. 

Edited by No Excuses
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

The absolutely pathetic rollout of testing and Trump’s repeated downplaying of public health advisories is pretty much bringing us to the point where this government is behaving as a typical communist authoritarian regime. What we feared China would do is actually happening here and China seems to have their situation under control. Meanwhile, it seems like the course of action for this admin is to minimize bad news to the public to save face, as a bad situation gradually spirals to out of control. And through the downward spiral, the amount of BS they spew will just intensify. With the financial markets sliding, this is all unfortunately headed somewhere not good it seems. 

Is the only proof that China has this under control being provided by the CCP? Or are there other indicators? 

9 minutes ago, DoneMessedUp said:

Is the only proof that China has this under control being provided by the CCP? Or are there other indicators? 

It would be impossible for them to fake their numbers at any meaningful level at this point because there are international public health monitors on the ground and overseas who are tracking the outbreak there. 

———

Even conservative media seems to be finally acknowledging what everyone with a functional brain has known since this buffoon started becoming a credible candidate. 

It’s really hard to believe that such a serious issue is being handled by such a grossly unqualified and dumb person. The people who put him into power should be ashamed.

Edited by No Excuses
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

It would be impossible for them to fake their numbers at any meaningful level at this point because there are international public health monitors on the ground and overseas who are tracking the outbreak there. 

And what about the people they boarded up into their apartments?

Edited by DCSaints_fan

7 minutes ago, DCSaints_fan said:

And what about the people they boarded up into their apartments?

As draconian as it is, it’s helped big time it seems. Large scale testing + quarantines to slow spread is what’s needed. 

Edited by No Excuses

Having read,(or tried to anyway),a lot of what I've posted here recently,I'm getting the impression that Docs and Scientists all over are really paying attention to the info coming out of Italy. A few of the things that were in that Italian Dr.'s letter were concerning to say the least. Appears the United States is beginning to mirror things there where the spread of the little beast is concerned.  

On a personal note.  A comment I made to many a patient of ours when I was a medic all those years ago,was a response to their concerns.  "The only time to really be concerned or worried,is when I am. And right now,I'm not either." Nervous was also used in that response.  Many times,it was true. Several times,it wasn't. Had to put on the front for them.  Right now,at least here,we're getting something similar from local health and government officials.  Behind the scenes,hospitals especially,are a nervous wreck.    I'm not....yet. My wife is a nurse and has asthma. So yeah. I take this one seriously,(especially after reading stuff from Italy). 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

I was with others that Trump thinks about himself first, but now, I dont even know if that's true, or I'm speechless when I overanalyze this.  How can someone put their ego so far ahead of their own self-interests they ignore that they are prime demographic for this virus? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I was with others that Trump thinks about himself first, but now, I dont even know if that's true, or I'm speechless when I overanalyze this.  How can someone put their ego so far ahead of their own self-interests they ignore that they are prime demographic for this virus? 

I don’t doubt that he’s taking this seriously for his own personal safety. It’s the intentional downplaying and complete disregard for the truth that is inconvenient that is the problem. He is not capable of thinking about how his propensity to just make **** up is just about the worst quality in a leader in moments of crisis. This level of self awareness would typically lead to behavior changes, but that’s obviously not happening here, 

A global public health and financial crises is unfolding and a complete fool is in charge of shepherding it. I haven’t hit the panic button yet but I am getting there. The only thing that gives me reassurance is that if we can get our **** together, we can also tackle this better and faster than any other country. But I am afraid that there is a tipping point approaching.

• Like 1

I feel nothing for the TrumpGopsters.

Their ignorance and anti-science stance is making this worse.

So, if they get infected or even die; nothing but glee from me. The ultimate judgment of their sin of worshiping Trump. They deserve whatever is coming and the ones that die; they will just be warming up hell for when Trump goes their one day.

Edited by Rdskns2000
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, PCS said:

On a personal note.  A comment I made to many a patient of ours when I was a medic all those years ago,was a response to their concerns.  "The only time to really be concerned or worried,is when I am. 

That  sentiment of "don't be worried unless I am" reminds me of my first heart attack, about 5 years ago.  I wasn't sure I was having a serious problem, but after about 5 hours Of pain, I finally called 911.  When the paramedics get to my house, one asks me if I can walk to the ambulance, which I felt I could have.  But the other, apparently more experienced/senior  paramedic  says, "No, look at him.  Get the stretcher."  That freaked me out a bit, but I stayed pretty calm and called my wife from the ambulance after the paramedics confirmed that I was having an actual heart attack.  Wanted to tell her I love her, but I still felt fairly confident that I was going to live.  After all,I was in a  vehicle with people trained to restart my heart if it stopped.  So, when I get to the hospital, I answer all the doctors questions and the tell me they are going to put in some stents immediately. Overall, I was pretty calm about it, because the doctors seemed confident.  They tell one of the nurses to clear out the cath lab to get me in there.  The nurse comes back and says they will be out in 5 or 10 minutes.  Then one of the doctors said, "Did you tell them what we're looking at here?  Get them out now!".  It was a bit of an eye opening moment, thinking I may not exist in 10 minutes.  It was anxiety provoking, but I lived to tell the tale.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Even if I live in a ****hole country, I'm glad they all aren't. There's good work going on in South Korea and a great example for the rest of us to follow (that America won't). 

South Korea diagnosed 900 people in one day on February 28, but today they only uncovered 248 more cases. Still a lot of work to be done but things are trending positively there. 

Edited by Bacon
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, No Excuses said:

But I am afraid that there is a tipping point approaching.

I dont think it matters if he takes his own safety seriously now that his administration was at an event that had someone infected there.  His chance to go run and hide is probably gone now, and still wanting to do campaign events is a level of double down I'm waiting to see how long he sticks with.

In Iran, government officials are dying.  If that starts happening or his base starts dying, both entirely possible, what will it take for Fox to flip?  This is why I agree with you that hiding the truth likely delays this until after **** hits the fan. Theres almost so much spin you can accept about dont worry when you are the one dying, ya know?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xameil said:

Wait....you have 3 testicles?!?

You don't?

48 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

what will it take for Fox to flip? 

Doesn't matter.  He followers have shown before that they will turn on Fox News if they are critical at all about Trump.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Doesn't matter.  He followers have shown before that they will turn on Fox News if they are critical at all about Trump.

It matters for rest of us if a cable news channel is lying about a pandemic. 

The supporters might not change, and this may be idealism speaking, but Fox wont go down with Trump same way Turtle wont.  They are with him long as hes winning, they will never know him if the economy and polls turn against him and risk their own power.

What do you do when you see the bandwagon is driving off a cliff? I know what some people will do, but not everyone.