Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

11 hours ago, tshile said:

Thanks guys. Some scary ****. We’re young but I smoke on and off. We’ve been good but apparently someone around us wasn’t. Anyways, hopefully exposure was low and we get out of it with mild symptoms. We’ll see. 

This is my exact fear as a teacher going back to school. Most people will be good and one person won't and that'll ruin things for everyone.

Wishing you the best of luck man, and a speedy recovery for your wife.

• Thanks 1

@tshile Just catching up. Sorry to hear that your wife tested positive. I hope she and your family have the best outcome possible.

A couple questions, just out of curiosity...

Why did your wife get tested? Was she symptomatic or was it due to the nature of her work or someone she is associated with testing positive? Has she experienced symptoms and if so, what were they? You said that you’d experienced mild symptoms. What exactly do you classify as mild symptoms?

Again, I hope you, your wife and kids have the best end result. I am curious because (a) you’re one of my favorite posters on ES and (b) I don’t think anyone on the board has tested positive yet.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

Why did your wife get tested?

We were informed someone we were around felt bad enough to get tested. The moment she felt off she got tested. We’ve done this a few times. 

Was she symptomatic or was it due to the nature of her work or someone she is associated with testing positive?

the nature of her work makes us quicker to go get a test than most would. It makes us look a little crazy to others. 

Has she experienced symptoms and if so, what were they? 

She feels like she felt when she had the flu 2 years ago, roughly. Achy, slight cough, she had a low grade fever (100.3) at one point this afternoon but it faded away completely, lethargic. I would say the flu was significantly worse but I’m remembering her being down for 2 weeks from that flu. She’s not incapable of doing things yet. Just generally miserable. If covid wasn’t a thing she’d go to work and just chill alone her job allows for that. 

You said that you’d experienced mild symptoms. What exactly do you classify as mild symptoms?

Generally speaking allergies hit me hard. This would be a very mild cold or very mild allergies. Slight head congestion that fades, slight runny nose that fades, slight cough that’s sparadic (I don’t think I caught 15 times a whole day... maybe like 5-8?) as someone who runs just often enough to know how hard certain distances are for me, i currently feel like I could go run for a mile. 

i have fatigue but that’s a dumb symptom because I always have fatigue. I’ve been cutting up a gigantic tree (26”ish diameter trunk at base oak) every night after work this week. I’d be fatigued with or without covid. 

Side note: the person we believe infected us is already feeling better. It was 3 rough days and now better. Fever gone completely after it hung around pretty badly. 

• Thanks 1

"Influenza, all by itself, is a profoundly serious viral infection, which causes hundreds of thousands of hospitalizations each year, with the major complication being pneumonia, and many thousands of deaths," Dr. William Schaffner, professor of preventive medicine and infectious diseases at Vanderbilt University Medical Center, told ABC News

"The scary reality is that we could face a twindemic of COVID-19," said Schaffner. And it will be hard for physicians and other health care providers to tell the difference between the diseases, based on symptoms alone.

18 hours ago, Springfield said:

@tshile Just catching up. Sorry to hear that your wife tested positive. I hope she and your family have the best outcome possible.

A couple questions, just out of curiosity...

Why did your wife get tested? Was she symptomatic or was it due to the nature of her work or someone she is associated with testing positive? Has she experienced symptoms and if so, what were they? You said that you’d experienced mild symptoms. What exactly do you classify as mild symptoms?

Again, I hope you, your wife and kids have the best end result. I am curious because (a) you’re one of my favorite posters on ES and (b) I don’t think anyone on the board has tested positive yet.

I tested positive in July. 

• Sad 1

48 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Sure seems like they should, right?

Nfl needs to be more transparent what their protocols are.  If they are worried just because it is a star player, it should be treated as any other injury.  If the concern is making sure no one else tests positive, then they need to say that.  But no way the season will make it through winter if that is their standard.  

• Like 1