Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

3 hours ago, Springfield said:

I think it’s probably possible, if not likely, that the virus just burns through hotspots. On to the next area to burn through.

The Trump family save for Baron and Tiffany; so they get to experience Covid.

Edited by Rdskns2000
40 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

I dare anybody to watch that Axios interview and still defend this clown POTUS.

Its like an Ali G interview except real. 

• Haha 1

What a stressful time.

My wife is scheduled to be induced on Thursday.

Since Saturday I started to feel a little under the weather and had a low grade fever off and on.  Last night it got up to 100.  Right now it's 99.3.  I just feel like I got some kind of a bug.  But like 4-6 weeks ago I had a fever off and on with these weird headaches, and I believe it was a sinus infection and some antibiotics cleared it up and I felt fine for like 3 weeks after starting it.

Then last night my wife starts to have contractions hardcore so we thought we had to go in.  That's when I took my temp and it was 100 on the dot and I was like that is just great what if they don't even let me in, and at the same time, do I want to be there, even if it's not covid.

I called the hospital and they don't have any quick tests there but gave me a number of one that appears to have a location in Germantown.  I'm not sure how quick the results come but I really want to get one asap today.  

I "feel" like I just have a little bug though.  Like a normal little bug that comes with a fever that I've had in the past.  This feels different than the headaches/fever I had with the sinus infection.  That one I didn't know wtf was wrong.  My throat was a little scratchy yesterday, and Saturday night my wife put the air in our house way down and I woke up freezing cold when I felt something was definitely not right.  I have no other covid symptoms it's just a headache that comes with a fever.  So I'm hoping it isn't that but I also hope that whatever it is goes away quickly so I can be there for my son's birth.

Stressful time in the purbeast household!

• Sad 12

There is a quick turn around test at Medical Access if anyone around the DMV cares.  I am headed to the Germantown one.  They said you get the results same day and they take walkins no appointment or referral needed.

• Like 3

Not trying to downplay anyone's medical situation but there's a salmonella outbreak linked to onions in the US & Canada. If you've been/are sick you may have food poisoning. Even if you didn't buy & eat onions recently it might be in prepared/restaurant food you have eaten.  @TryTheBeal! this might have been your situation. 

Thomson International Inc. of Bakersfield, California is recalling Red, Yellow, White, and Sweet Yellow Onions shipped from May 1, 2020 through the present.  The onions are being recalled because they have the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella, an organism that can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems. Healthy persons infected with Salmonella often experience fever, diarrhea (which may be bloody), nausea, vomiting and abdominal pain. In rare circumstances, infection with Salmonella can result in the organism getting into the bloodstream and producing more severe illnesses such as arterial infections (i.e., infected aneurysms), endocarditis and arthritis.

Onions were distributed to wholesalers, restaurants, and retail stores in all 50 states, the District of Columbia and Canada.

https://www.fda.gov/safety/recalls-market-withdrawals-safety-alerts/thomson-international-inc-conducts-voluntary-recall-red-yellow-white-and-sweet-yellow-onions-because

https://www.consumerreports.org/food-safety/salmonella-outbreak-linked-to-onions/

• Like 1

That sounds ... not ideal!

From your posts, it sounds like they were able to stop the contractions, so hopefully you bought some time to fight off whatever bug (hopefully not covid) you have.  Keep us updated, let us know if there is anything we can do to help and congrats on the forthcoming boy.  

• Like 2

I read about that over the weekend @EmirOfShmo.  Certainly a possibility...I would think by this point in my life I had crossed paths with the real-deal Salmonella, but maybe not cause I’ve never had a “stomach bug” like what I dealt with Thurs-Sat.

Anyway, today is the best I’ve felt since last Tuesday.  Pretty much 100%.

Thanks for the kind words everyone!

• Like 7

This place for tests is packed. Said the wait is 30 minutes to 2 hours. Wish I knew that prior! But you get your results within 3 hours. Waiting in my car right now to be called. 

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, purbeast said:

This place for tests is packed. Said the wait is 30 minutes to 2 hours. Wish I knew that prior! But you get your results within 3 hours. Waiting in my car right now to be called. 

Good luck, purbeast! Childbirth is stressful enough without risk of Covid-19. Please let us know how all things turn out, including your wife and newborn son!

• Like 2
1 hour ago, purbeast said:

Yeah that place is busy, even before covid. Went there once and took forever and then they billed me wrong and had to fight it. Never again. 

6 minutes ago, zskins said:

Yeah that place is busy, even before covid. Went there once and took forever and then they billed me wrong and had to fight it. Never again. 

Must be the one behind the BOA/Mi Rancho. Yeah that one is always packed

37 minutes ago, zskins said:

Hope they don't **** mine up. 

It was like an hour wait and they said I'll get the results within 3 hours.

The test was different than the one I took before.  The one that took 3 days to get back they stuck it way further up my nose and counted to 10.  This was a quicker swab inside both nostrils and wasn't nearly as far up there.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

First day of school in Georgia.  Should end well.

What's up with kids not wearing masks? Is that like an option?

Edited by zskins
4 minutes ago, zskins said:

What's up with kids not wearing masks? Is that like an option?

If I am not mistaken this is the one next to the gas station/7-11 on Middlebrook Road. 

Same one? If you're heading south on Germantown Rd and the Safeway is on the right, with the Wells Fargo, you hook that left onto Middlebrook, then another left immediately after the light.

Bunch of tiny shops are there, with BOA and Mi Rancho on the left, but taking the path straight leads you right to the parking lot of that Medical Access building, with the Radiology building. 

Had to take my dad there a couple times when he had cancer

9 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Same one? If you're heading south on Germantown Rd and the Safeway is on the right, with the Wells Fargo, you hook that left onto Middlebrook, then another left immediately after the light.

Bunch of tiny shops are there, with BOA and Mi Rancho on the left, but taking the path straight leads you right to the parking lot of that Medical Access building, with the Radiology building. 

Had to take my dad there a couple times when he had cancer

Okay yeah. Same one. I was coming from the other direction. 355 to make a right on Middlebrook and then on the right after the dealerships and gas station. 

Edited by zskins
  • Like 1

Negative on covid which is good, so even if I feel kinda of crappy I can at least be in the hospital for my sons birth.  Hopefully it clears up over the next day or so.  I want to talk to the doctors there too though like if I should keep a distance from my son when he's born because I don't want to give him anything.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Jumbo locked this topic
  • Jumbo unlocked this topic