Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

Many thanks to ES fam for reaching out in this thread and through PMs. I don't have the energy to answer every post, I've been going on 2-3 hours of sleep all week, but I want you all to know that I read them and stored them away in my head for the next wall I run into. 

If there's anything positive I've taken out of the pandemic, it's that humanity is still capable of working together for a common good when it's under threat. I feel a kinship with people I'll never know because of the fear surrounding this virus. 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

@bcl05 @bearrock @No Excuses @PeterMP

any if you know of places sharing information from physicians in the bigger areas about what’s going on and specifically decisions they had to make? Would you pm any you can share?

been looking into a few places but keep stumbling into intranets where I need logins to access documents :(

Trying to find resources. The cdc is dropping the ball big time. 

Wife home about 11. 

15 hours non stop. She ate like a yogurt or something all day. 

That’s day 1. 

oh apparently whatever trump said about removing restrictions on rules about rooms that didn’t happen. But they did remove restrictions on testing suspected people. It will help ease the surge a bit 

restrictions after they reach hospitalization status remain, and are quite clearly not realistic. Whoever argued they have to stay in place must be really bad at math. 

Edited by tshile
  • Sad 3

Memos are being disseminated from state and local health departments that basically say they do not have the resources to investigate the cases and can no longer say they have an adequate list of contacts with suspected cases. 

****s moving quick. 

Edited by tshile
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, China said:

Does ammo have a shelf life?

Yes.

38 minutes ago, visionary said:

Source?  I am 99% sure this is FALSE.  There is a halt on majority of OCONUS travel.  Domestic travel is at commanders discretion with a strong recommendation to err on the side of caution.  Not trying to sound like I am some know it all but I’m supposed to be coordinating announcements like this for my command and I haven’t heard this.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, visionary said:
Asian marts

Most  of white Amurica isn't going to be able to handle the overwhelming smell of fish at places like 99 Ranch. 

And wait til they see the rambutans, lychee, durians, and other "exotic" produce.

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Haha 1

From Washington state Dr., closed practice to all but wellness visits, has intubated patients she can't get tested, has many other patients w other life threatening conditions she can't see, and she is so worried she might bring it to her family that she is no longer going home. She told my wife and I to pull our kids from all activities for a few months. We trust her, and will probably follow her advice. She says it is everywhere in the U.S. now, and the refusal to test any not connected to known cases is just a way to keep from testing.

She says worse than anything she has seen reported from Italy. She says doctors dont want to go to hospitals. She says we will look back in a few years and think this was pretty bad, but a lot of us wont be here to think it.

She also says tests aren't coming soon because there isn't enough of at least one of the reagents needed. I think she said there wasnt enough liquid nitrogen, but I might have misheard which component is scarce. She says what she sees in the news drastically understates what they are experiencing.

It was a sobering conversation.

• Sad 3