Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

So, I'm picturing refrigerated truck being used soon...

NYC morgues near capacity, DHS briefing warns

The Department of Homeland Security has been briefed that New York City’s morgues are nearing capacity, according to a department official and a second person familiar with the situation.

Officials were told that morgues in the city are expected to reach capacity next week, per the briefing. A third person familiar with the situation in New York said that some of the city’s hospital morgues hit capacity over the last seven days. And a FEMA spokesperson told POLITICO that New York has asked for emergency mortuary assistance. Hawaii and North Carolina have asked for mortuary help as well, and the disaster response agency is currently reviewing the requests, according to the spokesperson.

If the available morgue space in New York City fills up as the number of COVID-19 deaths increases, federal help will be available, a former senior administration official said, noting that the George W. Bush administration sent mortuary assistance in the wake of Hurricane Katrina and the September 11 attacks.

The Department of Health and Human Services oversees the Disaster Mortuary Operational Response Teams (DMORT), which can help set up temporary morgues. The teams operate in response to requests from local authorities.

Click on the link for the full article

28 minutes ago, Skintime said:

He's one of the ones that we need to help get to being unemployed, but trump first.

They both up for reelection at the same time.

Waiting to see how Fox News spins that one hospital serving all three counties of westbubble**** rural America running out of supplies and places to put bodies like New York City is right now.

SmartSelect_20200325-160305_Google.jpg

Edited by Renegade7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PCS said:

They're using the messenger NRA technique mRNA. It is very complex compared to a classic vaccine which takes much longer to develop and is also more reliable.

As little as I know :unsure: there is actually no mRNA vaccine, this one would be the first, right ?

Edited by FrFan

22 minutes ago, bearrock said:

Which part of "lose job thorugh no fault of their own" does Lindsey Graham not understand about unemployment benefits?  

just like I can get employees to quit instead of fire them, some employees can “quit” by being let go though no fault of their own. Employee regulators tend to take the side of the employees (fair enough) so you really have to prove cause (eg, they have to sign documents or admit).

last time this happened to me an employee had a problem with cussing. We told him to stop but he wouldn’t and basically it culminated when he got kicked out of a ladies house because she didn’t appreciate his language. 

he filed for unemployment but because I don’t have documentation he was allowed to get unemployment even though I think we can all agree firing him was justified. 

incredibly rare (that happened once in 15 years) but not impossible.

8 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

just like I can get employees to quit instead of fire them, some employees can “quit” by being let go though no fault of their own. Employee regulators tend to take the side of the employees (fair enough) so you really have to prove cause (eg, they have to sign documents or admit).

last time this happened to me an employee had a problem with cussing. We told him to stop but he wouldn’t and basically it culminated when he got kicked out of a ladies house because she didn’t appreciate his language. 

he filed for unemployment but because I don’t have documentation he was allowed to get unemployment even though I think we can all agree firing him was justified. 

incredibly rare (that happened once in 15 years) but not impossible.

Do you think that kind of episode justifies Graham's position?  (Of course had you kept documentation and fought strongly for termination for cause, the result might have been different though I understand why it wasn't worth your time).  By Graham's logic, the very existence of unemployment benefit incentivizes not working (though it would be incredibly myopic to quit a job for 26 weeks of benefits)

• Like 1

We've reached a new level of psychopathy where right wing media is now promoting the idea of Coronavirus Parties, so people can get mass infected in one go. Twitter is actively deleting references to the garbage article published in The Federalist, so that should give you an idea of how deranged the conversation is getting.

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

We have also arrived at the "Fauci is deep state and designed COVID19 to destroy Trump" theory by the loons of One America News Network that Trump and all right wing dingbats adore.

Thanks for that wild ride down the rabbit hole.   😩

lol

• Like 1