Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

7 hours ago, Larry said:

Can we get a video of you taking off your mask, and walking into your house?  

Not a chance in hell of it happening before Jan 20. 

But I do think something along those lines, maybe not as extreme, might be the best move for the nation. 

Hey, I am not Donald and doing this for show. I ate a big Mac. Spent all evening asleep, just woke up. I'll post something today for Halloween. Just glad to be in my own bed. Well, sister's bed. I sleep there the week she's working in Orlando. All, I know I am glad to be home. I have to take blood thinners from now own and a streriod; so I have to be careful from now on. SO, Covid did alter me some.  Let me recover some and I'll post my story in a couple days. I survived Covid. It's real and you do have long term impact. Donny isn't telling what Covid did to him long term.

Don't all be harsh on Cam Newton. There really is a little foggy feeling.

• Thanks 6

I was thinking about those people dying from corona. I remember when my kidneys failed last year; the 1st 2 days of my 4 day stay, I was in a delusional state. I didn’t know where I was or when it was.

I can only imagine lying in the hospital; knowing you are dying. I would rather be in an alternate state. I don’t want to be aware that I am actually dying. I am glad I am ticking; even with the long term damage. If it got to where I was dying; I just wouldn’t want yo be aware if it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rdskns2000 said:

I was thinking about those people dying from corona. I remember when my kidneys failed last year; the 1st 2 days of my 4 day stay, I was in a delusional state. I didn’t know where I was or when it was.

I can only imagine lying in the hospital; knowing you are dying. I would rather be in an alternate state. I don’t want to be aware that I am actually dying. I am glad I am ticking; even with the long term damage. If it got to where I was dying; I just wouldn’t want yo be aware if it.

Post brain surgery, lying there and not able to talk was the single most terrifying thing that I ever experienced.  Half aware but looped on steroids. (Thankfully the speech came back after a while - for those who weren't around for the play by play I provided back in 07) Not so far from the experience of a really sick covid patient I imagine, though at least I could breathe. I'm sick thinking of the old folks who spend their last days that way.  Heart wrenching.

Edited by KAOSkins
  • Sad 5

1 hour ago, Rdskns2000 said:

My Dad has Parkinson’s, we’ve had that conversation if / when he gets there to just let him go. That was the saddest conversation I’ve ever had, but I completely understand it. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

10 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

There really is a little foggy feeling.

Yes. There is. I haven’t talked about it with my experience but there is. 

Foggy is probably the best single word description. 

I find myself struggling to think through things that I wouldn’t normally struggle with. It’s random things. Or hard to keep focus and plow through an entire day of work, it’s entirely too easy to drift off and lose your focus. 

infrequent, but it happens, some times I’ll “come to” suddenly and just be like “ok wtf was that and why haven’t you done anything for 10 minutes...”

I don’t want to over blow it. It’s just enough to notice. 

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

700 deaths seems like a stretch based on the current death rate....

1)  All the people infected at the rallys.  

2)  All the people infected by the people above.  

3)  All the people infected by Group 2.  

Although?  Yeah, it sounds big to me, too.  

- - - - 

Just curious.  Has anybody heard, is there an estimate of what percentage of the people walking around the US, right now, are infectious?  I would think that would be a really important number to know.  And it seems like we've been collecting data for months now.  

• Thanks 1

That's why I'm staying in.  I only have to go out about once a week, if only to drive around and charge car batteries. 

I had one really bad breathing scare when I was in the hospital last year, they shipped an x-ray machine into my room and put me on oxygen...but honestly, folks, you never wanna feel that...it's super ****in' scary.  I've smoked since I was 8 and I'd never felt that before or since, and it had absolutely nothing to do with Covid, so I can't imagine what it would feel being a thousand times worse, doesn't stop, requires a coma and a breathing tube.  

The absolute worst would be knowing that I can't get to a friend in need.

Thanking who or whatever that @Rdskns2000 is home, somewhat safe and sound.  :)

EVERYONE BETTER CHECK IN!  HEAD COUNT! :cheers: 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

So about a week since I was confirmed positive. My girlfriend tested negative Monday so she left our apartment to stay at my Family’s house. So I’ve been by myself in the apartment since Monday. Been really lonely and boring, but it could definitely be worse. I should be thankful that my symptoms have been mild. Still have congestion but my cough is all but gone. I do have asthma so I noticed that the covid has made me use my inhaler a lot more than usual. I’ve been having throat tightness a lot more often ever since this happened. So I guess that’s the biggest symptom I’ve had along with the lingering congestion and cough. I still have another week off work this week and I’m getting retested this week probably Thursday or Friday to make sure I’m negative and to go back to work.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

What's the germiest surface in a supermarket? You might be surprised

In light of the global COVID-19 pandemic, Canada's biggest grocery store chains have increased their cleaning and disinfecting measures. But how well is that working?

CBC's Marketplace visited 24 grocery stores around Toronto to swab the following high-touch surfaces: shopping cart handle, front of the shopping cart, baby seat, basket handle, freezer door handle and PIN pad.

In total, Marketplace collected more than 130 samples from the country's biggest chains and some of their subsidiaries — Walmart, Costco, Sobeys and Freshco, Loblaws and No Frills, Metro and Food Basics.

The samples were then tested by an accredited microbiological laboratory in Mississauga, Ont.

The goal was not to compare the grocery chains but to determine which surfaces in general have the most germs.

As research on COVID-19 evolves, scientists say surfaces are not the main way the novel coronavirus is transmitted. But high-touch surfaces can nonetheless be a way for other types of pathogens to spread.

The surface with the most bacteria was the PIN pad used during checkout.

The surface with the second-highest bacteria count was the basket handle. 

Tied for third place were the freezer door handle and the front of the shopping cart — the part you would grab if you were to pull the cart toward yourself.

Click on the link for the full article

5 minutes ago, redskins59 said:

The outbreak this winter is going to be horrible.  I met my parents (and brother) this week.  We have decided not to do anything this thanksgiving.  

Yeah, i am going to isolate myself.  I am not even going grocery shopping.  We just order things online.

I did a $90 run yesterday, ( all perishables are good thru Xmas) and the Boston Market I usually get my Thanksgiving stuff from is permanently closed.  It took me a minute to remember that it's just me now, so I can do whatever I want, but still...

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Larry said:

Just curious.  Has anybody heard, is there an estimate of what percentage of the people walking around the US, right now, are infectious?  I would think that would be a really important number to know.  And it seems like we've been collecting data for months now.  

Increasingly, as numbers mount, the contract tracing is either no longer being done, or difficult to do, which means they don't know. 

How Are Americans Catching the Virus? Increasingly, ‘They Have No Idea’