Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RIP Former Skin Sam Wyche "Die, you yellow dogs, die!"

Dissident2

15 hours ago, Dissident2 said:

This is the most broadcast footage I've ever seen, although it's in black and white. I don't get why it has "NBC" on the screen but was broadcast on CBS, but ... it seems to suggest there's more out there. The person who posted it answers zero questions about it, lol. 

About 12 seconds in, there is a note saying video footage from CBS.....

RIP Sam Wyche, I read so much about him because I was so fascinated with him after I watched the Americas Game "Missing Rings" episode.  It does appear he really did have a big part in the beginning of the no huddle offense, before the Bills did.  But the coolest stuff to read about him was what he did for his players and how good of a heart he had.

22 hours ago, skins4ever28 said:

RIP Sam Wyche, I read so much about him because I was so fascinated with him after I watched the Americas Game "Missing Rings" episode.  It does appear he really did have a big part in the beginning of the no huddle offense, before the Bills did.  But the coolest stuff to read about him was what he did for his players and how good of a heart he had.

A family friend of ours had worked on a book about him a few years ago.  The friend's last name was Stonebraker and the name of the book is Third and Forever.  Sam gave him an autographed framed copy of one of the Bengals' plays that Sam had signed and they gave it to me.

>> Note from Stonebraker

I've just finished a memoir for former head coach of the Cincinnati Bengals and Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Sam Wyche, titled, Third and Forever. It is in publication now and will be released in the third week of July, 2017. Coach Wyche invented the no huddle offense and took the Bengals to Super Bowl XXIII. Foreword by Lou Holtz. Enthusiastic endorsements by Dick Enberg, Boomer Esiason, Joe Montana and Cris Collinsworth.

Archived