Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

1 hour ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Seems like there is a lot of evidence to support that Fuller is simply better at slot.

People point out his versatility at the outside and at safety, but most people who analyze him, see that slot was his best performance

Anyone who suggests otherwise may need to seek an eye doctor.

• Like 2
24 minutes ago, skinzplay said:

Those Thomas Davis quotes had me pumped up and ready to tackle my wife when she walked into the living room. Had to calm myself down.

They all say the same thing. Ryan Clark said similar. 

27 minutes ago, skinzplay said:

Those Thomas Davis quotes had me pumped up and ready to tackle my wife when she walked into the living room. Had to calm myself down.

Sounds like a man who has been taken down by a stiff arm one too many times. ;)

• Haha 1

I think this is good for Haskins. He still gets the lesson that he has to compete, and with a guy who has started and even won some games, despite not being great. He has to compete with a guy who is two years ahead of him in this system, mentally, but that he KNOWS he can beat out and hand a clipboard to if he just does his homework--it will light a fire under the correct part of his game, meaning: his work ethic, study habits, and attention to detail.

All while not threatening him with a big name, and I think we all know that until he matures in the NFL a big name would have seriously put him in a funk he may never have crawled out of, career-wise. He's just not wired the way you want in that regard--YET. That can change as he grows. But we all saw it last year. 

So in this case, he has to compete with someone who is strong where he is weak--while simultaneously Rivera can sit across from him, look him in the eye, and say: "I believe in you. If I didn't, I could have brought in Cam Newton. I didn't do that because you have what it takes and we're gonna work together to get it out of you". And a note from me after this fake but plausible Rivera quote--make no mistake, this comment would mean something because a guy like Haskins would be starstruck and discouraged by signing a guy like Cam Newton, players haven't bought into the idea that Cam is washed like lots of fans have, he still has superstar cache among his peers for what he's accomplished. 

So from Haskins' point of view, imo Rivera has given him both the right amount of competition but also a vote of confidence to build off of--and that's the right foot to start from if we want him to develop.

I still am shocked at the 5th round price tag. But I see the value in it more and more, despite myself. 

Edited by ConnSKINS26
  • Like 6
1 hour ago, sportsnut said:

Ed Dickson could be a guy they sign to provide "very competitive competition" at TE. Played for Rivera for 4 years in Carolina backing up Olsen. Knows the system. Big and physical from what I remember during his days in Baltimore. Can be had cheap. Worth a flyer if healthy (which is a concern). Either way, mMakes more sense to sign him than Delanie Walker.

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Our defense is going to be top 10 at worst and it's going to be a very fun aggressive defense too. 

Could be - but I worry about the linebackers in coverage and the corners/FS combination.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Re : Speed 🚄

Still holding out hope that Apke improves.

That would be much-needed and much-improved speed on defense

I asked a buddy of mine who’s a big Penn State fan about Apke. He wasn’t too impressed and surprised he actually got drafted. I said after watching his first preseason game. This guy can’t tackle. He did take better angles last year so maybe he could get even better but he’s a liability for us in the secondary. His speed doesn’t translate to the field. 

• Like 1
  • Riggo-toni changed the title to The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby