Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

57 minutes ago, skinzplay said:

So interesting that he preferred Mayfield.

He preferred the money. That's it, Cleveland paid him more.

But I am with you on Zampese. Our coaching staff last year was a hodgepodge of mismatched parts.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I like his attitude

During his rehabilitation, he promised fans he'd be back.

Went all the way to Medellin, Columbia for treatment.

I dont think there ever was any question about his dedication to football...

his issues have been all of the baggage that he seems to carry around... hope he gets some professional support and get his life back in track...

• Like 1

If Foster is back that solves our linebacker problem for a game or two until he goes down. 

I’d put Holcomb in the middle with Foster and Davis flanking him. Obvious pass situations Holcomb/Davis out, Foster stays, SDH comes in. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Burgold said:

Oh, we were miles from good under Gruden. Strangely, I don't think we are miles from good with him gone. I think the D has a chance to be immediately good. I think the offense already has the POTENTIAL (gosh, I hate that word) to be interesting. So, if Del Rio can elevate this D from an F that bordered on a Q to a B and Turner can take a offense that was a D/D- to a C or C+ then we'll speak differently about our 'skins.

But as of last year, and as of the entire Gruden era, we were not horrible, but still miles distant from good.

That's what kills me about the Redskins/cowgirls comparisons.

Talent wise I believe we are about equal to them. They're stronger in some areas, and we are in others.. but I think it mostly evens out. It's the coaching that killed us. We got out coached every time by teams in the division over and over again. The girls, eagles and Giants made us look like a 2a team, 

When we have the talent to run with them, just not the coaching or mentality, it really drives me nuts.

We've shown we can hang with the cowgirls and eagles, we just can't sustain or adjust to a ****ing thing and it is all on the coaching staff and front office imo.

Hopefully Rivera changes that and this team lives up to their potential for once.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, crabbypatty said:

That's what kills me about the Redskins/cowgirls comparisons.

Talent wise I believe we are about equal to them. They're stronger in some areas, and we are in others.. but I think it mostly evens out. It's the coaching that killed us. We got out coached every time by teams in the division over and over again. The girls, eagles and Giants made us look like a 2a team, 

When we have the talent to run with them, just not the coaching or mentality, it really drives me nuts.

We've shown we can hang with the cowgirls and eagles, we just can't sustain or adjust to a ****ing thing and it is all on the coaching staff and front office imo.

Hopefully Rivera changes that and this team lives up to their potential for once.

the past few years it's really felt to me like our starting lineups had the abilty to match them, maybe even with a couple backups, but when you're down several positions and playing guys who are essentially third and fourth stringers.... well you know

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

If Foster is back that solves our linebacker problem for a game or two until he goes down. 

I’d put Holcomb in the middle with Foster and Davis flanking him. Obvious pass situations Holcomb/Davis out, Foster stays, SDH comes in. 

Be absurd not to have KPL in as that is his biggest strength. 

JHC and KPL make a lot more sense in passing situations 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Master Blaster said:

Be absurd not to have KPL in as that is his biggest strength. 

JHC and KPL make a lot more sense in passing situations 

I don’t know **** about KPL, so until I see the dude I can’t say much about him. I wouldn’t put JHC in over SDH, though.

1 minute ago, Master Blaster said:

I know you like SDH. I’d bet money he doesn’t make the final roster 

I don’t, actually. I think he’s replacement level. But his strength is coverage. 

I don’t think we have a MIKE or a SAM on the roster.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ggarriso said:

You lived up to your namesake in this post; I am just so angry when I think about what Snyder has done to the org I loved that my posts often come across as NATT (Negative All the Time) :) agree w/ all points within for the most part

It's really easy to blame Snyder for everything because he's the top of the pyramid and he puts everything in motion.  And in some ways, he IS responsible for everything.

That said, I absolutely believe others in the organization have agency, and can make better of their situations. They just don't, and that's also on them.

3 hours ago, KDawg said:

I don’t know how much you can put the quarterback situation on Gruden. He seemed okay with Cousins, Bruce played the negotiation game and lost on that one. Then he panicked and snagged Smith, who Jay likes, who got a career ending injury.

Jay should have been fired after 2018, but our owner and GM, in their infinite wisdom, decided it was best to bring him back, Draft a raw quarterback who needed attention and to hand the keys to the raw (and talented) QB to a guy looking to save his job. 

I think Jay and Haskins were both victims of our ****ty regime.

Jay should have been fired after 2016.  But whatever.  

In some ways, Jay and Haskins were both victims.  HOWEVER, Jay is a grown goddamn man (He's a man.  He's (over) 40!).  And he was the head coach of the team.  His blame is instead of coming up with a plan to develop Haskins, and give him an honest to God shot to compete for the job and every opportunity to develop, he did the opposite of all of those things.  He ignored Haskins, and just wanted to roll with Colt. 

Haskins has culpability because he could have worked harder, studied more, and taken more on himself.  He basically went through the motions for 5 months, and that's on him.  While he's still in his early 20's, he should know better, and the better QBs do not behave this way early in their carears.

@KDawg, to your point, Dan and Bruce should not have paired a "must win" coach with a rookie QB he wasn't fully vested in from the start.  

So, yeah, the rot starts at the top.  Dan/Bruce first.  However, Just because you're put in a crappy situation doesn't mean you can't at least attempt to make the most of it.  And neither Jay or Haskins did that, and honestly, it was very disappointing.  

PS: This is going off topic - Jay isn't here, Bruce isn't here, Haskins will have the chance to show what he can be this year.  It is what it is.  My point was simply if I have a choice between having Dak/Baker or Haskins throw me the ball, RIGHT NOW, I would choose Dak or Baker.  Because they are much more known commodities, and due to circumstances, we were denied really learning anything about Haskins last year.  

1 hour ago, JSSkinz said:

If this is true then we were never serious about signing him, IMO.

Or we just had a value on him, and when it went over the value, we were out.  Shrug.  That happens.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just watched highlights of the new TE, Thomas, we got from Detroit in free agency....He has good hands and is gonna be a fan fave. By my count we  now have Sprinkle, Hentges, Thomas, Baugh signed for the TE battle. Wonder if the staff is comfortable with this group? 

1 minute ago, kingdaddy said:

Just watched highlights of the new TE, Thomas, we got from Detroit in free agency....He has good hands and is gonna be a fan fave. By my count we  now have Sprinkle, Hentges, Thomas, Baugh signed for the TE battle. Wonder if the staff is comfortable with this group? 

Caleb Wilson also.  Check out his draft profile. He has a chance.  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

and Richard Rodgers

10 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

we offered Cooper 110mil so I don’t seeing us lowballing Hooper.

Sounds like they wanted to spend, they just couldnt get people to take their money.  So all these low level free agents arent necessarily all part of Rivera's masterplan and genius.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, justice98 said:

Sounds like they wanted to spend, they just couldnt get people to take their money.  So all these low level free agents arent necessarily all part of Rivera's masterplan and genius.

I don't think I buy this narrative. Sure, it looks like they struck out or bowed out of the bidding for both Cooper and Hooper, but this idea that "no high level player will come to the Redskins" seems a close cousin to everyone saying all last season, "The Redskins will never be able to get a good coach to come here. No coach with options will ever come to the Redskins while Snyder owns the team. Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.

You read that. I read that. We both read that being said over and over again a thousand times on this board. And when the smoke clears, the Redskins hire the guy who's probably the number one NFL head coaching prospect available in 2020. In the end, it turned out that the Redskins money was green after all. The poison cloud around Washington that everyone denounced was imaginary.

Sure, Cooper stuck with the Cowboys. Hooper went for the biggest payday. These things happen. Doesn't mean that the Redskins brand is poison in the NFL. In fact, I think it's much more likely that Rivera is repeating the pattern of acquisition he followed when he first coached the Panthers. If you look at that year and this one for the Redskins, I think you'll find some serious parallels.

Then again, maybe ya'll are right and Snyder couldn't get a coach with prospects to play here. Maybe Rivera isn't actually even our coach.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• Riggo-toni changed the title to The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby