Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

4 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Maybe so.  But when is the last time you heard a recently signed FA say they chose your team because the money was higher?  If it was really all about the QB, he would have chosen Green Bay over Cleveland.  They were also reported to have pursued him.

I have a hard time believing we were far away from 4/42mi, 10mil signing bonus with 18.5mil gtd at signing.

9 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Hooper specifically said a big part was the QB. And that is not me trying to discredit Haskins, just relaying what Hooper said. He was drawn to Mayfield.

He didn’t get an absurd contract so I don’t believe money was much of a factor at all.

Highest paid TE in the NFL.

Just now, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

I have a hard time believing we were far away from 4/42mi, 10mil signing bonus with 18.5mil gtd at signing.

Maybe yes, maybe no.  Remember: Hooper signed before Cooper had made his decision.  I believe we'd have upped our offer if it was the other way around.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Maybe yes, maybe no.  Remember: Hooper signed before Cooper had made his decision.  I believe we'd have upped our offer if it was the other way around.

Possibly.  Hooper might have been smart to delay his decision a bit.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ggarriso said:

I think this is a key point - our QB situation and lack of a serviceable option is now costing us in FA.  No skilled player is going to want to come here and let their career die at the hands of Simba.  Look at what happened to Terrys stats after "Simba" took  over for the season;  I think his attitude, demeanor, and immaturity probably also play into a FAs mental calculus, I mean who can forget the comical moment he was trying to "inspire" the O-Line and they were basically laughing at him - the dude is a massive joke to anyone thats not a complete Redskins homer.  Somehow even with this new regime, Danny is still finding new and creative ways to drive the organization into the ground - I put this mess 100% on Snyder.

I put it on a combination of Snyder, Allen, Jay and Haskins. 

Snyder for orchestrating it, Allen for allowing it to happen, and Jay for completely sabotaging any hope Haskins had to perform in year 1 by ignoring him for 5 months.  And then leaking how much the coaching staff didn’t want him and how unready he was. 

Wven if Snyder orchestrated the pick, Jay should have at least had a plan in place to develop Haskins, so he could be available to play if necessary.  But he didn’t. And that plan didn’t get put into place until Callahan took over.

And Haskins acting like a HS junior who just got turned down for the prom and sulking for the next 3 months. 

Here’s the thing: Haskins has the potential to be a very good starting QB in the league, but through the complete disfunction  of the organization, failed mostly until the last 6 quarters he played. So we have absolutely no idea what Haskins can do, because he was handicapped so badly by the situation and his own immaturity, we don’t know.

And neither does Hooper, Cooper, or any other player in FA.

So your point is somewhat valid.  However the blame runs father than Snyder.

Also, it’s really possible Haskins gets this pick right.  Haskins really could be a good player.  We just don’t know yet. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

No good player in their right mind is picking us over another team if the money is anywhere in the same ballpark 

You can't really make that much of a blanket statement. Yes, the Redskins have been woeful, but so are many other franchises. There are a lot of factors that play into any one player's decision. For example, I think Fuller came back here due to the proximity to him home. Similarly, Flowers signed back where he came from. I can certainly see pass catchers, like Hooper or Cooper, putting a lot of emphasis on having a good QB. Other positions likely don't care as much who the QB is. Ultimately, I think it's fairly moot. The majority of free agency for 2020 is done. Next year, the team will know a lot more about Haskins and what he offers. As will free agents. Of course, you're unlikely to see a TE as good as Hooper or a WR as talented as Cooper available next year. But if Haskins is truly "the problem", then the team will likely move on.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I put it on a combination of Snyder, Allen, Jay and Haskins. 

You lived up to your namesake in this post; I am just so angry when I think about what Snyder has done to the org I loved that my posts often come across as NATT (Negative All the Time) :) agree w/ all points within for the most part

I don’t know how much you can put the quarterback situation on Gruden. He seemed okay with Cousins, Bruce played the negotiation game and lost on that one. Then he panicked and snagged Smith, who Jay likes, who got a career ending injury.

Jay should have been fired after 2018, but our owner and GM, in their infinite wisdom, decided it was best to bring him back, Draft a raw quarterback who needed attention and to hand the keys to the raw (and talented) QB to a guy looking to save his job. 

I think Jay and Haskins were both victims of our ****ty regime.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

I don’t know how much you can put the quarterback situation on Gruden. He seemed okay with Cousins, Bruce played the negotiation game and lost on that one. Then he panicked and snagged Smith, who Jay likes, who got a career ending injury.

Jay should have been fired after 2018, but our owner and GM, in their infinite wisdom, decided it was best to bring him back, Draft a raw quarterback who needed attention and to hand the keys to the raw (and talented) QB to a guy looking to save his job. 

I think Jay and Haskins were both victims of our ****ty regime.

But Gruden is just sooo hateable lol. Knocks on his work ethic + having a job because of his brother

26 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

No good player in their right mind is picking us over another team if the money is anywhere in the same ballpark 

With the exception of last year, for the past four years, we have been a borderline playoff team. A team in which the playoffs came down to the last game of the season. Last year, the wheels fell off the cart. So, while the Redskins are far from the sexiest team in the league I don't know that I see them as bottom of the barrel either, especially if Rivera has the reputation we believe he does.

• Like 1

• Riggo-toni changed the title to The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby