Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

8 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I think we only had one 5th round pick, the natural high one. We dealt it, then received a lower one for Dunbar. Before dealing Dunbar we didn't have any 5ths at all for a short time.

Ah, so it would have been better to deal Dunbar first. Oh well. It is what it is at this point. The Allen trade is still not that bad as some making it out to be. We all know there were not going to use a higher pick on a QB, too many other needs. Allen might be the backup but at least he has some playing experience in the NFL. 

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I think they eventually re-sign Penn, or go with Peters, or some proven vet once they figure out what's going on with Trent.  

If Trent can't find a deal, he might come back. 

You must haven't seen Trent's agents comments this morning I see. He's going to ramp up in distraction like Dunbar did to make it happen he even mentioned it in the post.

12 minutes ago, #1skinsfanever said:

You must haven't seen Trent's agents comments this morning I see. He's going to ramp up in distraction like Dunbar did to make it happen he even mentioned it in the post.

Let Trent/Agent talk, show their true colors, if he wants out so bad ,let m

him lower his demands! if he doesn't report he doesn't get paid! RR better set the precedence now, or everyone will pull the same stuff.

• Like 1
54 minutes ago, zskins said:

Ah, so it would have been better to deal Dunbar first. Oh well. It is what it is at this point. The Allen trade is still not that bad as some making it out to be. We all know there were not going to use a higher pick on a QB, too many other needs. Allen might be the backup but at least he has some playing experience in the NFL. 

I would think that both trades were being discussed/negotiated at the same time.  One was in no way contingent upon the other.  We couldn't offer Carolina a draft pick that wasn't ours to offer at the time of the negotiation.

• Thanks 1

Here's my take on trading Trent William's. The old regime played a game with this and lost, not only there job's but possible picks in this upcoming draft, glad to see Bruce go. Nothing can be done about that now, but if you are telling me this new regime doesn't want to move on from Trent, you have to be telling a joke or something and this is directed at Trent William Agent. As far as I know, they gave permission for Trent to seek his own trade. It doesn't seem from a fans perspective his agent has been doing his job, if he had, some team would be knocking down that agents door. It's more than reasonable for the Redskins to want fair compensation for such a player, he is was a 7 time pro bowler. Now! Trent can demand what he want's, however no one appears to want to give him the type of money he is looking for, and that isn't fair but appears to be what the market is willing to pay. Now!!! this is directed to Trent, if you wish to be move as you have claimed, then be prepared to except less money than you think your are worth, basically grow the Heck up!!! you are not a Quarterback or a receiver therefore no one is willing to pay 20 million dollars to a Tackle unless your are Dallas. If you want to be move, make it happen and stop with the antics, and don't expect the Redskins to except anything less just to move you.

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

What I find somewhat comedic is the meltdown of half the board over trading a 5th round pick for a backup QB.  It's not like the Vinny years where we traded high draft capital for veteran starters we thought were going to help win RIGHT NOW.  

I guess it depends on perspective.  For me, I found the meltdown if anything coming from some (not all) of those who liked the deal but for some reason really couldn't stand it for whatever reason that there are some who disagreed with them and didn't likewise embrace it.  😀  I don't recall any of the critics of the deal, saying its the end of the world, and all the stuff that some sarcastically characterized their arguments as. 

It's the FA thread.  Part of what is cool about it for years is that we praise or pan different moves.  Not everyone agrees with ours takes on everything.  And it's OK.  I like Ron and do trust him. 

But moving on....😀

recall

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I guess it depends on perspective.  For me, I found the meltdown if anything coming from some (not all) of those who liked the deal but for some reason really couldn't stand it for whatever reason that there are some who disagreed with them and didn't likewise embrace it.  😀  I don't recall any of the critics of the deal, saying its the end of the world, and all the stuff that some sarcastically characterized their arguments as. 

It's the FA thread.  Part of what is cool about it for years is that we praise or pan different moves.  Not everyone agrees with ours takes on everything.  And it's OK.  I like Ron and do trust him. 

But moving on....😀

recall

Would like to see the Redskins go after Breland.Always liked him as a player and a person.The team could do a lot worse and CB is still position of need.

Wasn't a big part of Carolina's defensive philosophy a lack of money spent on the secondary position?  I remember that being a talking point when they decided to release Norman.  Did that stem from Gettleman or Ron?

My thinking is that Rivera is more likely to focus on the trenches and build the defense from the inside out, and so he feels more comfortable skimping on the secondary because he feels our D-line will create enough havoc and opportunities for guys like Morland and Fuller to make plays when QB is under pressure.

He may not be done addressing the secondary, but he might feel comfortable enough with our front 7 to address it with a draft pick or 2 instead of free agents if he thinks the d-line can provide enough pressure to cover our lack of depth there.

4 minutes ago, Reaper Skins said:

Wasn't a big part of Carolina's defensive philosophy a lack of money spent on the secondary position?  I remember that being a talking point when they decided to release Norman.  Did that stem from Gettleman or Ron?

I referenced that a while back assigning that to both of them, but it was suggested to me that was all on Gettleman. Ironically he then picks up Bradberry in FA this year.

Fuller snagged a decent deal, maybe that is kind of the limit ~10mil p/y for Ron’s taste. He did draft DBs consistently in CAR though through the mid rounds.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Number 44 said:

Not sure what your second paragraph is all about, as I neither opposed the trade for Allen, nor said anything of the kind in my post.  My post merely questioned your comment about switching Sweat to TE, which I still think has virtually no chance of happening.

I was just commenting on multiple posts without making that clear.  My bad.  :opus:

4 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

If history has taught us anything, it should have taught us you NEED a backup QB.  And you need a backup QB a lot more than a shot at a WR/TE in the 5th round.    

I think Congress passed a law some years back mandating that the Skins have a possible QB controversy every year.

3 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Peyton... Barber?

Huh. 

Didn’t see that coming. Guice or Love ain’t gonna be around.

Yeah a bit confusing there. He's a decent player but don't see improvement over what we already have in the stable and now makes for a very crowded backfield.

Just now, PartyPosse said:

Outside of Fuller, this is the biggest splash yet.

i have no idea what Ron is doing anymore. 

Reminds me of the first Scot McC FA period. We would sign these low level guys but had faith because it where McC Guys! Grinders, hard-core football guys. 

Now we bring in Ron Burgundy guys for culture. 

Nothing wrong with it. 

• Riggo-toni changed the title to The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby