Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

I’ll miss Dunbar but Ron has no loyalties to him andhe doesn’t want the distraction. He said in his press conference he wants guys who love to play football and QD really shot himself in the foot with his demand request. Fabian played solid on the outside compared to the slot and Fuller will be fine on the other side. Jimmy can play the slot. 

And hopefully we bring in a vet to compete for a starting gig. 

I don't love the idea that we basically signalled to our players that if you publicly air your grievances, then we'll trade you, even for scraps...

I mean Bruce screwed up the TW situation... but Dunbar hadn't earned the clout to pull this move... if he can get out, what is there to stop any player from jumping ship?

Dunbar started 25 games in 5 seasons. Good when he was on the field, but there's some over-reacting going on here.... I'll be frustrated if we don't bring in a starting calibre CB like Breeland etc but Imma chill and see what happens.

Just now, KillBill26 said:

Good point, that would make sense to why they wanted to do it now vs after the draft.  Still surprised they only got a 5th for PFFs second rated cb.  I guess the injuries, short resume, and age made some teams not value him so much.

We just got had.  We bought high on Allen and sold low on Dunbar.  It's just bad management, there is not really a mystery to it.  We've been losing trades like this for years.

Just now, skinsfan93 said:

QD really shot himself in the foot with his demand request.

Shot himself in the foot?  He's now playing for a perennial playoff team with one of the best HC's and QB's in the league.  Seems like he significantly upgraded his previous situation.

2 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Dunbar for Allen is still an awful swap where we lose a ton of value.  It's trading one of the league's best corners for one of the league's worst QBs.

Allen is far from one of the leagues worst QB's. And Dunbar didnt want to be here. They got what they could get for an injury prone head case.

2 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

maybe we’re still asking for Denzel Ward, could do with a CB right now :ols:

Ward for TW isn't realistic, I wonder what we'd have to throw in to close the deal.  How about a shiny new 5th round pick?!?   I'd do that in a second, but I doubt the browns would.  

I tell ya what...

I'm watching Kyle Allen operate in Scott Turner's offense... and I know the common theme is that Allen struggled at the end of the year... And he did a little. But he looks real comfortable. He's more mobile than Haskins, more poised and has an advanced knowledge of the playbook, he has a lot of poise and he's mechanically fairly sound. He doesn't have the physical traits of Haskins or the arm. They both have throws where you look at the television screen in total confusion. 

I think this is going to be more of a competition than some realize. I think Haskins *should* win it. If his work ethic is as advertised this offseason + his physical tools, he shouldn't lose it.

But I think Allen is on the team to compete to start, not to make Haskins feel more at ease.

Now, Allen's knowledge will be shared with Haskins even during the competition, so that should help Dwayne, too. 

As far as the offense goes... Lots of multiple tight end sets and lots of jet motions and sweeps.

Steve Sims is going to be a big part of the offense. I would love a Laviska Shenault, but we won't have the ammo. Maybe Jalen Raegor. Possibly an Antonio Gibson type? I think Albert O, a good blocking tight end with some receiving ability would be a good compliment to Sprinkle as blocking tight ends. If Hentges can be a decent blocker and a good receiving option that's a positive.

I'm looking at FA and I just don't see slot type receivers that fit what I see from Turner's offense. Or tight ends, obviously. Hooper would have been a good fit.

As far as backs go... if Love is healthy, he fits perfect with what McCaffrey did. 

Just now, stevemcqueen1 said:

We just got had.  We bought high on Allen and sold low on Dunbar.  It's just bad management, there is not really a mystery to it.  We've been losing trades like this for years.

We traded for a QB that we really wanted

We traded away a CB that we really wanted out of the door

We didn’t get had. We moved forward.

Thats a significant use of the word we right there.

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

Allen is far from one of the leagues worst QB's. And Dunbar didnt want to be here. They got what they could get for an injury prone head case.

I don't get this logic? There are many players who would rather play for different teams... it's the byproduct of the way the league is run. 

It's just piss poor management to give away players for less than they are worth, while signalling to the team that they can jump ship too.  Washington is not a desirable team right now - the team can't tell their players that they can whine their way off the team.

I said it a long while ago but the player I want us to draft is Okudah as we have enough on the line. Could resigning Brantley be another sign toward trading the pick?  Brantley can play end in a 4-3. Thats a lot of d lineman. 

Yes I know Young is a generational player.  If we get a couple first rounders and 2-3 other picks you gotta do it. Chargers can’t afford not to get Tua. Chargers need to increase the fan base and Tyrod Taylor ain’t cutting it and drafting Justin Herbert isn’t much better. They can’t afford someone to come up and get him. 

10 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

Good point, that would make sense to why they wanted to do it now vs after the draft.  Still surprised they only got a 5th for PFFs second rated cb.  I guess the injuries, short resume, and age made some teams not value him so much.

I admit I get a little bit of pleasure that our malcontent is a Florida guy who was shipped to the gloomiest, rainiest location in the country.  Bring a raincoat Dunbag.  As if I needed another reason to root against the Seahawks.  

I honestly don't think teams give a **** about PFF.

1 minute ago, DiscoBob said:

I don't get this logic? There are many players who would rather play for different teams... it's the byproduct of the way the league is run. 

It's just piss poor management to give away players for less than they are worth, while signalling to the team that they can jump ship too.  Washington is not a desirable team right now - the team can't tell their players that they can whine their way off the team.

Now is the time to do it. You are trying to build an entirely different culture here than we have had for decades. You either are in or out. And by the way Gibbs, Beathard and Casserly did this as well. You act like a fool and you are gone. He wont last in Seattle either. The guy is a head case.

8 minutes ago, skinsfan93 said:

I’ll miss Dunbar but Ron has no loyalties to him andhe doesn’t want the distraction. He said in his press conference he wants guys who love to play football and QD really shot himself in the foot with his demand request. Fabian played solid on the outside compared to the slot and Fuller will be fine on the other side. Jimmy can play the slot. 

And hopefully we bring in a vet to compete for a starting gig. 

Actually... he burned his foot on a George Forman grill...

If the Browns are still interested in Trent as being reported, but won't meet the 2nd for him as we are asking, there are things we could do to help sweeten the pot. The Browns 2nd is pick #41 overall.

We could still ask for the 2nd, but swap our 3rd for their second 3rd rounder, pick #97.  This Moves them up 31 spots in the 3rd. To do this I would also want their 6/ #188. We net a 2nd and a 6th. They move way up in the 3rd. Seems fair to me.

So it would look like this....

Trent, 3/66

for

2/41, 3/97, 6/188

14 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

We got worse net-net and moved down in the fifth round for our trouble.  The new regime has not handled this offseason well.  Hopefully they don't **** up the draft.

And this is why in general, I'm not cool with this "coach centric" approach.

Especially for a coach who (imo) doesn't deserve this kind of power.....

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

They sold one of the league's best corners off for pennies.  We got preyed upon by one of the league's better franchises.  Really hoping the same **** doesn't happen with Trent Williams and the damn Browns.

Allen was ranked 32 out of 32 QBs who took more than 250 dropbacks last season per PFF:  https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-best-quarterbacks-ahead-of-super-bowl-liv

His 49.7 overall grade for the season was awful.  His play was so bad he got benched for Will Grier, a lousy prospect in his own right.  The Panthers have a solid OL and a decent group of weapons too, it's not like he was playing with chopped liver like our QBs were.

These were awful trades.

Archived