Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

Davis + Fuller

Lost an injury prone (albeit more talented corner) in Dunbar vs. Fuller as well. 

Moreau would be the same bastion of... whatever it is he is... last year and this year

Remember that Davis pretty much the entire year because of shoulder problems.

13 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

That was a friggin monkey's paw moment if ever I've seen one.

Really not looking forward to what we'll get back for Trent.

I had predicted a 4th for Dunbar and a 3rd and change for Williams.

I'm really surprised Dunbar only got a 5th.  And why trade him now?  The world is on lockdown, teammates aren't going to be getting together for awhile, so he can't be a cancer or distraction.   You would think after the draft teams that missed out on cb would give up more than that.  

On the plus side, we don't have to think about dunbag anymore.

I think this trade should temper everyone's expectation for what we receive for trent.

But is it possible our own poor return on Dunbag lowers the bar for what the Vikings get for Harris (similar age, also short resume), and we could pluck him for an equally low draft choice?  

1 minute ago, KillBill26 said:

I'm really surprised Dunbar only got a 5th.  And why trade him now?  The world is on lockdown, teammates aren't going to be getting together for awhile, so he can't be a cancer or distraction.   You would think after the draft teams that missed out on cb would give up more than that.  

On the plus side, we don't have to think about dunbag anymore.

I think this trade should temper everyone's expectation for what we receive for trent.

But is it possible our own poor return on Dunbag lowers the bar for what the Vikings get for Harris (similar age, also short resume), and we could pluck him for an equally low draft choice?  

I think it's because we're going to sign a CB fairly soon and having him and Fuller on board makes it fairly obvious we're moving on from Dunbar. 

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

And if I had to reach deeper for why they were willing to give up that much, I'd suspect Turner sold the powers that be that Kyle could seriously give Haskins a run for his money.  Otherwise, a 5th rounder is a bit steep to just give Haskins a tutor.  I'd presume Turner sold them on this dude is a starter quality.  I do agree that Rivera is a smart dude.  I don't know enough about Scott Turner yet to say the same about him.  But if I had to guess this, I'd guess that Rivera was talked into Allen being more that just a backup but a dude who is the legitimate threat (that Rivera has been hyping he wants) to challenge Haskins for the job and thereby bring out Haskins' best.  Will see.  

Agree with all of your points, but that quote from Rivera you posted is not reassuring.  Per PFF, Allen led the NFL in turnover worthy plays last season.  His decision-making is the worst thing about his game.  Rivera is pissing on our legs and telling us it's raining with that one.

34 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Cap space still banked up.

We’re not gonna sign Clowney are we, then trade out of #2 for a haul?

I was just thinking about this. Dumping a ton of corners today. I am wondering if we are trading back for Okudah? 

Other thought is just consider the trade as Dunbar for Allen. I am fine with moving on from am injury prone head case for a decent backup QB in all honesty.

Wow, so we just caved do Dunbar, and basically traded our #1 CB and one of the better ones when healthy, for a backup QB who hopefully wont see the field.

Brilliant.  I hope Kyle Smith pans out, but the first couple of moves are looking more like he was part of the problem than the solution.  Time will tell.

39 minutes ago, JoggingGod said:

Rivera needs to be fired right now. I don’t care about Dan this Dan that. He’s worse than Bruce.

This is a joke right ?Dummy was a good serviceable CB when not injured. Fact is that there are a couple of FA's still available that are better than him. We were lucky to get a 5th.

3 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

I think it's because we're going to sign a CB fairly soon and having him and Fuller on board makes it fairly obvious we're moving on from Dunbar. 

Good point, that would make sense to why they wanted to do it now vs after the draft.  Still surprised they only got a 5th for PFFs second rated cb.  I guess the injuries, short resume, and age made some teams not value him so much.

I admit I get a little bit of pleasure that our malcontent is a Florida guy who was shipped to the gloomiest, rainiest location in the country.  Bring a raincoat Dunbag.  As if I needed another reason to root against the Seahawks.  

4 minutes ago, skins2victory said:

We should have done the Dunbar trade before the Kyle Allen trade. Then the later 5th from Seattle could have, (should have been) the 5th given to Carolina for Allen.  

Dunbar for Allen is still an awful swap where we lose a ton of value.  It's trading one of the league's best corners for one of the league's worst QBs.

Archived