Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

I'm living in fantasy land for a second... bear with me...

Williams to the Vikings for Harris and a 3rd (per @Master Blaster's prediction - I'm riding the high of that thought so leave me alone!)

Breeland + Logan Ryan (Fuller moves to slot, Moreau backup outside corner, Moreland dime back)

Young in the draft. Akeem Davis-Gaither with the Skins third...

Gives us: Bree/Ryan at corner, Collins/Harris at S, Davis/Davis/Bostic (yuck to our MIKE) at LB, Young/Sweat at ends, Payne/Allen/Ioan at IDL.

Sure, the offense could still be a little iffy... but that DEFENSE.

What a thought.

Okay... now that I woke up... :ols:

Just now, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Cap space still banked up.

We’re not gonna sign Clowney are we, then trade out of #2 for a haul?

Gonna sign Clowney, draft Young, Sweat is going to be our new tight end. 

9 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:
edit

We should have done this before FA and signed Byron Jones.

Maybe they didn't want to overpay a free agent. That was a massive contract. Or maybe Byron Jones doesn't fit the D. Clearly they did not want him. 

They are being careful and melodically. Let's see what new coaches can do with what we have. it's just possible with better defensive coaching the guys we have can make it happen. 

I am totally fine with this. Need that cap to sign our own players this year and next. 

3 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

I'm really curious as to what Ron's expecting from a secondary that has Fuller, Collins and basically a bunch of question marks. 

Until the draft happens the team has been significantly weakened in the two areas that needed to be strengthened. 

I mean, to be fair, the secondary is no different than last year except it had... Collins and a bunch of question marks. Including Dunbar. He got beat more than people think he did (though he was still a good corner). His health is also always a question mark.

So it's basically the same secondary + Fuller. So stronger in the slot, weaker on the outside.

I'm actually surprised more people seem to be mad about getting a fifth for Dunbar than shipping out a fifth for Kyle Allen. 

11 minutes ago, Fresh8686 said:

Ugh, what a **** trade. These are bad moves. 

We could have kept his ass and gotten a higher comp pick back when he signs elsewhere. 

You wanna keep a disgruntled player around in your locker room all season just for a comp pick?

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

I mean, to be fair, the secondary is no different than last year except it had... Collins and a bunch of question marks. Including Dunbar. He got beat more than people think he did (though he was still a good corner). His health is also always a question mark.

So it's basically the same secondary + Fuller. So stronger in the slot, weaker on the outside.

Yes and no. Last year we had expectations that Apke or Nicholson or Moreau or Everett or SOMEONE would take a leap forward. No one did. This year we're going into the draft (so far, who knows who else we'll bring in) with more or less those same players except Dunbar is replaced by Fuller and Nicholson has been replaced by Sean Davis. 

Just now, PartyPosse said:

Yes and no. Last year we had expectations that Apke or Nicholson or Moreau or Everett or SOMEONE would take a leap forward. No one did. This year we're going into the draft (so far, who knows who else we'll bring in) with more or less those same players except Dunbar is replaced by Fuller and Nicholson has been replaced by Sean Davis. 

I'd argue its actually a less talented secondary at corner, but more reliable one... and a more talented secondary at safety, but not by a whole lot. 

I will say, I wish these disgruntled players would not make their drama so public. Be a little more professional because all you're doing is a) making it difficult for your old team to find suitable compensation from other teams knowing how much baggage you have and b) making it difficult for other teams to even want you around because of your incessant whining and complaining. 

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

I'd argue its actually a less talented secondary at corner, but more reliable one... and a more talented secondary at safety, but not by a whole lot. 

Fair I guess? I don't really know how you can say the secondary is more talented now when all we did was bring in Davis. I do agree about secondary although Moreau isn't exactly the epitome of durability. 

3 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Fair I guess? I don't really know how you can say the secondary is more talented now when all we did was bring in Davis. I do agree about secondary although Moreau isn't exactly the epitome of durability. 

Davis + Fuller

Lost an injury prone (albeit more talented corner) in Dunbar vs. Fuller as well. 

Moreau would be the same bastion of... whatever it is he is... last year and this year

Archived