Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

14 hours ago, JoggingGod said:

Cam Sims has no spot on an NFL roster. He’s big and that’s it.

Don[t be on Simms jock when he get's much playing time next season with this coaching staff!  I don't know what you talking about big but you can hate doesn't matter. McLaurin, Simms and Simms Jr., will be the starting WR's under Riveria, trust that and remember who told you!

15 hours ago, VaK9Trainer said:

It always puzzled the heck out of me that they never really gave Cam his shot. I mean when you're a young team who's struggling to win, why wouldn't you take a look at everyone?  I think Cam can play a big role on this team. He just needs the reps. 

At least someone see's it!  Cam can help this team a lot, a lot more than Kelvin Harmon can at #2.  When you come in undrafted it's tough when they draft guy's and justify them on the field, ie: Quinn, Harmon but Simms and the other guy Irdsy or whatever his name is, is better than Quinn and Harmon.  New coaching staff will see it. 

Why are some people down on Kelvin Harmon? The guy put up 30 catches, which for a late round pick on a terrible organization, in a year that saw a lot of upheaval and spotty QB play is pretty darn good.

Sure they should give Cam Sims a chance but not at the expense of Harmon. I can understand if you want to push Harmon aside because his replacement will be Hopkins or Diggs, someone established but, Cam hasn’t taken anything by the horns to turn around and bench Harmon who had a really solid year for himself.

McLauren, Sims Jr, Harmon did well. Quinn and Cam could back them up. 

3 hours ago, FrFan said:

So Haskins is in charge of the draft (CY and teammates) and free agency :806:;)

You've probably taken this a step further than intended @Frfan. Not to mention FAs get to pick where they want to go. Haskins doesn't need to be in charge. Hell the Redskins nor any other team is in charge of a FA. 

12 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

So Reuben got stem cell treatment for his reconstructed knee? Hmm.

2 hours ago, VaK9Trainer said:

That's actually a great question that I didn't even think about. Yes, I know Callahan is gone but you're correct. What IF they go away from the Power blocking scheme and return to a zone blocking scheme. Can Flowers get out into space and block. That would also concern me about Morgan Moses who is not the fleetest of foot.  Trent (provided he remains with us which I believe he will) and Scherff (If he resigns)  move pretty well so I'm not worried about them. 

Id have to imagine Flowers moves well for a guard, due to his pedigree. Wonder if there’s any cut ups to support or not. 

1 hour ago, dyst said:

McLauren, Sims Jr, Harmon did well. Quinn and Cam could back them up. 

Quinn will be Jaguar. 

I want all speed WRs for Haskins, even ho hum on Harmon... need all guys who can blow the top off

Weird to insist that Harmon got the nod over Cam due to Cam being an UDFA when you look at how Steven Sims made an impact down the stretch...as an UDFA. 

The last coaching staff liked Harmon better. Maybe this one won't, but that doesn't mean Harmon's 6th round draft pedigree (lol) was the reason he played over Cam. They exposed Cam to waivers and got him back on the PS at least once, so the rest of the league agreed at the time. I am rooting for him to grow into a starter as well, why wouldn't I? But the logic here is silly. 

Did a Fanspeak offseason, and this was my result. Probably not realistic on some, but fun anyway.

image.png.c2781b010c80dc91955f3dc48fc9c75c.png

Extended Trent, adding some guaranteed money to get him back.

Norman might be able to step up again, with Rivera coaching, so got his number down instead of just releasing him.

Moses stays, but with a better cap number, and brought back both Scherff and Flowers.

Hooper and Cobb starting, with Wisniewski, Coleman, Bortles and L. Thomas for depth.

Byron Jones to start opposite Dunbar. Van Noy and Marshall at OLB and brought back Swearinger at FS and Kearse to back up SS.

That would be a lot of turnover, but something similar might happen with the new coaching staff. Either way, I'm bored and sick, so it was a nice distraction. haha

Pro Football Focus urges Redskins to sign CB Darqueze Dennard this offsesaon

gettyimages-830579768.jpg?w=779&h=467&crop=1
16 seconds ago

The Washington Redskins have been tabbed to look at a number of free agents this offseason that could potentially be brought into the franchise and help lift up the team to new heights in the future. Of the players that we’ve talked in depth about in the past few weeks, many are tight ends, linebackers, offensive lineman, wide receivers, or backup quarterbacks.

Now, Pro Football Focus is tabbing the Redskins to seek out a cornerback who may be under the radar when it comes to the free agency market. They want Washington to try and sign Darqueze Dennard, from the Cincinnati Bengals.

A player they need to circle and go after is Darqueze Dennard. He was limited to only 290 coverage snaps in 2019 but put up a career-high and 15th best coverage grade on those snaps. He allowed only four catches of 10-plus yards, as well (Washington ranked fourth to last in catch rate allowed on 10-plus yard throws).

Dennard was drafted by the Bengals in 2014, and he’s spent his entire career in Cincinnati. Dennard could line up opposite Quinton Dunbar and help to shore up the Redskins secondary and help the defense improve to aid the offense on their hopeful path to success.

https://redskinswire.usatoday.com/2020/01/27/pff-darqueze-dennard-redskins-free-agent-target/

2 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Serviceable. Unexciting. I’d throw no more than 7-8 per year for 5

It would be another Paul RIchardson signing.....I wouldn't waste money on a guy who is average in the league unless it is a tick above vet minimum.  I would rather wait for free agency to clear and search the bargain bin like Bruce Allen was known for rather than getting stuck with a mediocre athlete who will be pushing 30.

2 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

There are a host of DB’s in free agency with direct links to Rivers via the Panthers drafts. I wouldn’t initially look past those to be honest.

I'd rather look for DBs who have connections to Del Rio.

On 1/25/2020 at 2:38 PM, Skins199021 said:

More of a off the beaten path scenario here. Say we trade with Miami and get 5, 18 and 39 

Sign:

Yannick Ngakoue - DE

Austin Hooper - TE

Ronald Darby - CB (Depth, young, still an interesting talent)

DJ Humphries - to play RT

Resign:

Sherff

Trent

Flowers

Cut:

Norman

Richardson

Reed

Moses,

Kerrigan

Draft: Jeudy, Delpit, and Patrick Queen at 5, 18 and 39   (I think Simmons goes to NY to be honest)

No idea if we have the cap space to do all that, but I'd like to watch a McLaurin, Jeudy, and Hooper offense

I'd rather sign TJ Ward and Bradberry, draft Okuda, move up for Simmons if he makes it to 10 (or draft a OT) and Queen and expect our defense to be in a top 3 conversation by midseason.

Offense yeah, Hooper would be nice. Should be a few options at TE. I'd be fine signing two of the top ones and Conklin. 

I'll be disappointed if we land Jeudy.

It will be fascinating to see how aggressive financially the Skins are this year with resigning and free agent pickups. It seems from my laymen view a good amount cap and flexibility in future years is there for the FO to be aggressive to compete for the division next year or be patient and continue to maintain supreme cap flexibility  while building through the draft and letting current young players to grow while on rookie deals. 

Selfishly I want it now and feel the division is up for grabs if Haskins can at minimum provide consistent average QB play— It does seem he’s already very steady with not turning the ball over, but not quite enough evidence to say so with conviction. 

Here is my free agent wish list.

1) Anthony Castonzo (OT, 32) previous team Colts

2) Jack Conklin (OT, 26) previous team Titans

3) James Bradberry (CB, 27) previous team Panthers

4) Anthony Harris (S, 28) previous team Vikings 

5) Jamie Collins (4-3 OLB, 30) previous team Patriots

6) Austin Hooper ( TE, 25) previous team Falcons

-Resign Ereck Flowers

-I am in the Trade Trent Williams camp. I think its time we move on. Hopefully we could fetch a mid to low first round pick for him. 

I have always been a big Kerrigan fan, but I think its time to move on, and trade him while he still has value.

-Release. Norman, Reed, Moses

11 minutes ago, skins2victory said:

Here is my free agent wish list.

1) Anthony Castonzo (OT, 32) previous team Colts

2) Jack Conklin (OT, 26) previous team Titans

3) James Bradberry (CB, 27) previous team Panthers

4) Anthony Harris (S, 28) previous team Vikings 

5) Jamie Collins (4-3 OLB, 30) previous team Patriots

6) Austin Hooper ( TE, 25) previous team Falcons

-Resign Ereck Flower

-I am in the Trade Trent Williams camp. I think its time we move on. Hopefully we could fetch a mid to low first round pick for him. 

I have always been a big Kerrigan fan, but I think its time to move on, and trade him while he still has value.

-Release. Norman, Reed, Moses

What you doing with Brandon Sherff?. 

HTTR 

On Austin Hooper as a free agent. He's a very solid reliable player and a good blocker - but I'm not spending big free agent dollars on a TE who gets most of his receiving production on underneath and option routes and who struggles to separate against man.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-the-50-best-available-nfl-free-agents-in-2020

29. TE AUSTIN HOOPER

Hooper has developed into a solid receiving option, but he’s more of a dependable, complementary piece rather than a mismatch creator. Since 2016, Hooper has gained 75.5% of his receiving production on targets defined as holes in zones or underneath the defense (think drag routes, flat routes) — by far the highest percentage in the league. Add to it that Hooper has just a 58.9 receiving grade against single coverage since 2016, and it’s clear that his production has largely been a product of the situation in Atlanta. All that said, Hooper is a mid-tier run blocker who can take advantage of being surrounded by good playmakers on the outside, and he has value as a complementary piece in the passing game.

16 minutes ago, markmills67 said:

What you doing with Brandon Sherff?. 

HTTR 

I am good to roll with Flowers and Martin. Brandon is going to want a massive pay day. I think Martin competed well last year as a rookie, and will obviously get better with more experience. Its what he was drafted for IMO.

I hope we move on from Moses and find an upgrade somehow. He's gone way downhill since signing that contract in 2017, calling him even an average RT is extremely generous. 

20 minutes ago, skins2victory said:

I am good to roll with Flowers and Martin. Brandon is going to want a massive pay day. I think Martin competed well last year as a rookie, and will obviously get better with more experience. Its what he was drafted for IMO.

That's a pretty shaky group of guards. You don't think it would be better to keep Scherff and not pay Flowers in this scenario? I think we should want the best protecting our franchise QB. 

5 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

I hope we move on from Moses and find an upgrade somehow. He's gone way downhill since signing that contract in 2017, calling him even an average RT is extremely generous. 

That's a pretty shaky group of guards. You don't think it would be better to keep Scherff and not pay Flowers in this scenario? I think we should want the best protecting our franchise QB. 

Brandon's health has been a concern the last 2 years. Flowers put up very good film. Of the 2 I would expect to see a much lower contract to keep Flowers here as opposed to Brandon. Again, I do like Flowers and Martin and think that would be a good starting unit going into the year. I think our backup center in Ross could probably step in to the guard position if needed to in a pinch, and I would imagine you draft another guard with a later round pick as well. Just my opinion. I could easily be wrong. The Front office could look at bringing Brandon back as there number 1 priority. I just feel that it wouldn't be the end of the world if they don't, and we could get by without him if he doesn't come back.

Just now, skins2victory said:

Brandon's health has been a concern the last 2 years. Flowers put up very good film. Of the 2 I would expect to see a much lower contract to keep Flowers here as opposed to Brandon. Again, I do like Flowers and Martin and think that would be a good starting unit going into the year. I think our backup center in Ross could probably step in to the guard position if needed to in a pinch, and I would imagine you draft another guard with a later round pick as well. Just my opinion. I could easily be wrong. The Front office could look at bringing Brandon back as there number 1 priority. I just feel that it wouldn't be the end of the world if they don't, and we could get by without him if he doesn't come back.

I think Flowers looked serviceable, he did pretty good in run blocking but pass blocking he still struggled with at times and got caught out of position every now and then. He is definitely a keeper at the right price but not at the expense of losing Scherff. 

The entire team's health is a constant concern, not many of these guys are staying healthy the entire year. I think if we didn't have a QB that was expected to be the franchise signal-caller, you could get away with this strategy. I think we personally need Scherff AND Trent Williams on this line healthy, and a solid upgrade from Moses. We should not be messing around on the O-line for Haskins's sake. 

Archived