Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

Would love if we could sign Drake for cheap, but I’m not on board if it’s for anything above league average.  It would be a mistake to allocate significant resources to the RB position. It’s been proven over and over. 

Wouldn’t want to sign Cooper for top tier WR money. 

I’d sign Hooper to $11mm ASAP before Kittle resets the market. 

3 hours ago, justice98 said:

I think most pass catchers probably have better stats in the second half vs the first.

As someone who owned Matty Ice in fantasy last year and rode him to some big games ... and constantly had RedZone on all day Sunday and caught the big plays of most games ... I will say that the Falcons scored a ton of late-game points when they were already well out of the game. And Hooper was on the receiving end of a lot of those late drives.

Interesting to hear from RIvera's presser that they think some of their younger guys could step up to replace Norman. Not that there was much to replace there.

But from what I am hearing I wouldn't expect the Redskins to sign more than 1 CB in free agency and maybe not address CB until later in the draft, if at all. It sounds like they like the younger players, and as long as Dunbar is on the roster, see the potential to have a Dunbar/Moreau starting duo.

Problem is Moreau and Dunbar are both in the final years of their deals, so I think you either extend one or both (maybe get Fabian on the cheap) ... and bring in James Bradberry or Byron Jones.

Bradberry, Dunbar, Moreau, Stroman on the outside and Moreland in the slot. I think Moreland has mad potential in the slot, but maybe we go after a slot CB at some point in the draft.

39 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Rivera in his combine interview really talked up our CB group. Could his rep for not paying them big money carry over here ? Hope not.

In fairness, Rivera was never the one paying the money, or making ultimate decisions.  Perhaps, for the first time (stay the **** out Danny!), he can shape a team in HIS image. He's NEVER been given this degree of power. I like it. Let's see what happens. Hail

1 hour ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Alec Ogletree is only 28. Not sure what kind of contract he’s command but might be a good veteran presence. He’s played weak, strong in a 4-3 and a ILB in the 3-4. Was traded a year after signing a big extension with Rams and after they switched to 3-4 under Phillipa so maybe he wasn’t a fit there anymor

Reading about him, he is more a pre-2010s LB who is very good against the run but sketchy in coverage. Lot of picks but gives up a lot of plays as well

From what Rivera has said in the last few weeks of evaluating the Redskins roster is we are going to get younger, which makes me think that maybe 27 is the oldest players Rivera will sign to longer size contracts, maybe we will sign players like Boston for a 2 year deal. But most players will be probably coming off there 1st contract with there teams. 

HTTR 

So... Holcomb is likely going tot play outside per the front office.

Who's going to play inside? If they think Holcomb can play outside, that means between him and SDH we have two guys who can play outside, but no one for inside. I assume Foster, if healthy, would be inside. But I'm not sure he's the kind of guy you want quarterbacking the defense. I wonder if they're going to go after AJ Klein. 

Archived