Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

7 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Didn’t he get hurt first?  Like they signed him, he got hurt, before he could come back was suspended, then again and again?

I just remember it was hysterical people kept thinking he would solve a problem but was never actually here. 

Yeah right, forgot the fact that he was injured too. But if my memory serves me well we signed him and he went straight to the commissionner ban list. He was never part of our roster.

The options at TE really do suck.

You almost have to consider trading for someone. Could OJ Howard be had seeing as he is in his final contract year, and I think the Bucs have just paid someone decent contract money TE, forget the name...

Might sound like a lame connection, but I would not discount Rivera throwing a later round pick to the Panthers and convincing Olsen to play on for a couple of years. Final year of his deal is 2020, and his consideration on retirement largely stem from what the Panthers plans are at HC and QB. 

I like the young player we have from Alabama at TE, Reed and Davis we need to move on from.

33 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

The options at TE really do suck.

You almost have to consider trading for someone. Could OJ Howard be had seeing as he is in his final contract year, and I think the Bucs have just paid someone decent contract money TE, forget the name...

Might sound like a lame connection, but I would not discount Rivera throwing a later round pick to the Panthers and convincing Olsen to play on for a couple of years. Final year of his deal is 2020, and his consideration on retirement largely stem from what the Panthers plans are at HC and QB. 

I like the young player we have from Alabama at TE, Reed and Davis we need to move on from.

Agreed, 74.  He's a player all around.  He's got soft hands and get's open and makes yard after the catch.  He's a decent blocker as well.  He's a keeper but we need more another TE.

On 1/3/2020 at 5:25 AM, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

I can see us going defence heavy in the draft, and looking to FA to add a bit of veteran quality to a young core group on offense.

Great post.  Agree on that making total sense.  We need some more vet leaders on the Offensive side of the ball.  Would be great to have a new RT {and LT if needed} of Pro Bowl quality.  Perhaps a vet WR as well like Larry Fitzgerald for a vet presence is the WR meetings. 

Also Hooper or Henry at TE would be a great add to Sprinkle and Hentges

We have several captains on defense that can mold some LB and DB draft picks. 

I also think the FA tight ends are questionable. Hooper is the best available but he’s gonna command a lot of money and he’s not the most athletic puts fear in the eyes of the defense type player. Ebron is a head case IMHO and Henry is talented but always injured. I heard the Giants may be willing to trade Engram so he’s a possibility but also hurt often being on the small side. Another guy to potentially trade for is Jesse James in Detroit. Detroit has TJ so he may be expendable. Luke Wilson is someone I like and he is stuck behind 2 other guys. Whoever the new GM is will need to find a diamond in the rough similar to Waller in Oakland. 

As for an outside LB, I want Kendricks from Minnesota followed by Littleton from the Rams. How many times do we see tight ends just eat us up? This guy can cover and is a sure tackler. 

Lastly we need one veteran cornerback. Josh is done and we can’t count on Dunbar to stay on the field. Rookie corners (look at Bradberry in his rookie season) get eaten alive and we need someone who can make an impact right away. Most of our money should and needs to go for a true #1 corner. 

18 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Just caught Ballard's comment on Ebron, talk about blunt

Makes me not want Ebron, unless it's on a value deal. 

In terms of FA, I don't think we need to be in a hurry to spend to the cap. We should be saving some money for Jonathan Allen. It's tempting to shore up the defense, but I think priority one should be developing Haskins and I'd do everything possible to make that happen. I'd resign Trent and I'd make a run at Jack Conklin. I think we are probably ok on the inside. Honestly, looking at the TE's available and the WR's available, I might rather invest money in Amari Cooper than a TE that is a lesser player. McLaurin and Cooper on the outside, and adding Conklin and Williams, could really help Haskins. I'm all about adding a TE if the value is comparable. I just worry about investing money in Hunter Henry, since he's always hurt. I think Hooper may get paid more than he's worth. 

On 1/4/2020 at 4:24 AM, RWJ said:

Agreed, 74.  He's a player all around.  He's got soft hands and get's open and makes yard after the catch.  He's a decent blocker as well.  He's a keeper but we need more another TE.

Minnesota has two TE's and it seems they don't use them both together very often from what I can tell. Is Kyle Rudolph too old? He's a quality guy who'd be good in the NFC East. I know the Vikes have the rookie TE whom they drafted high....maybe Rudolph becomes too expensive for them?

15 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

Makes me not want Ebron, unless it's on a value deal. 

In terms of FA, I don't think we need to be in a hurry to spend to the cap. We should be saving some money for Jonathan Allen. It's tempting to shore up the defense, but I think priority one should be developing Haskins and I'd do everything possible to make that happen. I'd resign Trent and I'd make a run at Jack Conklin. I think we are probably ok on the inside. Honestly, looking at the TE's available and the WR's available, I might rather invest money in Amari Cooper than a TE that is a lesser player. McLaurin and Cooper on the outside, and adding Conklin and Williams, could really help Haskins. I'm all about adding a TE if the value is comparable. I just worry about investing money in Hunter Henry, since he's always hurt. I think Hooper may get paid more than he's worth. 

I'd be elated to get Hunter Henry...He and Hentges would be a nice tandem for us.

I'd be thrilled if we locked up Allen, Flowers & Scherff to long term deal. I'm over my spat with TW and maybe get him back in the building with new regime. From there, FA is always dicey so I don't really want to test the high end waters. But a young, talented CB is about the only position I would consider splurging on. We do need depth at OL, so I wouldn't mind a mid level without intention to start necessarily. 

2 hours ago, skinzplay said:

Hey @KDawg, what's your take on Bridgewater as a FA? I'm not thinking necessarily for us, but in general terms --- where you think he'd fit, and how his signing could affect the QB draft approach of some teams.

Eh. I think it depends where he'd land. He was solid for New Orleans and he's at worst an adequate backup. I'm just not sure what/who he is at a quarterback at this point.

Passes the smell test, though.

6 hours ago, KDawg said:

Eh. I think it depends where he'd land. He was solid for New Orleans and he's at worst an adequate backup. I'm just not sure what/who he is at a quarterback at this point.

Passes the smell test, though.

Thanks for the insight. I thought he looked good when he spelled Brees. It'll be interesting to see which teams express interest when he hits the market.

19 hours ago, skinzplay said:

Hey @KDawg, what's your take on Bridgewater as a FA? I'm not thinking necessarily for us, but in general terms --- where you think he'd fit, and how his signing could affect the QB draft approach of some teams.

Well he may well be a solid back up option right now.

Trading a mid-rounder for OJ Howard and then signing him to an extension would be a beautiful thing indeed. But you'd need to do some sniffing around the league on his off-field stuff, Arians called him out early in the season when he wasn't producing, placing it on his shoulders and questioning his work ethic. 

5 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Trading a mid-rounder for OJ Howard and then signing him to an extension would be a beautiful thing indeed. But you'd need to do some sniffing around the league on his off-field stuff, Arians called him out early in the season when he wasn't producing, placing it on his shoulders and questioning his work ethic. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/3043080/oj-howard

https://www.espn.com/blog/tampa-bay-buccaneers/post/_/id/23167/bucs-confident-in-o-j-howard-despite-talent-not-showing-up-on-sundays

Why is a guy that talented catching 34 balls? That's two per game. I'd rather keep my draft picks, I think. 

I would like to see the Skins sign Darryl Williams just to see how the board reads it

First post  Guess we are trading Trent

second Ereck Flowers finally has a good year in the league and we're just letting him go

third we're not even going to try to re-sign Scherff are we?

fourth We're finally moving on from Moses and his penalties

Lets look at this potential offensive line for 2020:

LT: Trent

LG: Flowers

C- Roullier

RG: Scherff

RT: Martin, Moses or Penn?????

However you fill RT, we seem pretty set at the other 4 spots if Trent returns and Scherff, Flowers contracts get worked out....big "ifs" I know.

Fill in at TE with free agency/draft /trade and we really just need to add a solid WR and depth.....

The only question then would be who's the QB??????

Archived