Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

So between Cooper and Prescott, their combined cap number for this year is about $50 million. That's more than 25% of the salary cap.

From The Ringer...

"The only team to win the Super Bowl while having its two highest-paid players make more than 21.6% of the salary cap is the 49ers in 1994 with Steve Young and Jerry Rice.’’

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2019/1/2/18164980/nfl-playoffs-quarterbacks-salary-cap-kirk-cousins-patrick-mahomes

Good luck replicating Steve Young and Jerry Rice’s 94 season, lol. 

3 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

I thought Bradberry signed for $15mm APY?

3 minutes ago, dswerdlw said:

I read that Bradberry got 45 mil for 3 years, so that would be 5 mil less per year, right? 

My bad, I was thinking he signed for 13 per, but you guys are right.

3 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Who’s left in the receiver class?  Did the Bengals franchise AJ Green? I know they were talking about it but lost track.

I like having Fuller back. 

I have a sneaky suspicion we’ll see some more signings tomorrow 

I’m not really interested in signing anyone from the wr class unless it’s an older veteran used mostly for teaching the youngsters. 

37 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Gehlken trying to make the cowgirls look good by saying the Redskins offered over-the-top money. STHU and take ya 50/50 WR $100mil contract and throw a completion to him for once. 

16 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Who’s left in the receiver class?  Did the Bengals franchise AJ Green? I know they were talking about it but lost track.

I like having Fuller back. 

I have a sneaky suspicion we’ll see some more signings tomorrow 

Yes, AJ Green was tagged.

42 minutes ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

The over the top offer had to be 22M+/year with more guarantees and AAV than Julio..

I would guess, if we did make a "bigger" offer, it was more years. Journalists can often get fooled into thinking something like a 7 year $130 mil deal qualifies as a greater offer than 5/$100m. 

If we were truly offering more, I'd guess it was slightly more per year and more guarantees. 

For it to be "significantly" more in terms of aav, it would really need to be like 23-24 mil per. I tend to doubt that.

Archived