Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

3 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Skins can't sink $26 mil in to Guards (Scherff/Flowers) a year, with Moses at $10 mil and then expect to replace the LT position somewhere in the $18 mil range.  Way too much in Oline towards cap. 

It doesn't seem fiscally possible.

Honestly, we aught to take the money we'd invest for Moses and sink it into Conklin if possible then release Moses.  Martin will fill Flower's spot.  

5 minutes ago, Panninho said:

At least this would net us a decent comp pick.

Very unlikely. THis would actually be a year to retain your own FAs because you won't get comp picks in return. I presume even if Flowers gets a contract for $10m ... he's the only FA from this team likely to earn big $$ on the market to command a comp pick, and he'd likely be cancelled out by any FA CB, TE, WR we bring in.

2 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

There's Martin but we need depth I guess Ross from Bama can fill that spot.

Anyone else thinking that FA is going to be somewhat slow out the gate and for the most part this year due to Coronavirus?

13 minutes ago, Panninho said:

At least this would net us a decent comp pick.

Unless we sign a big FA (which we are expected to).  This is the year try and sign some FAs considering we are not likely to get any comp picks anyways.

2 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Anyone else thinking that FA is going to be somewhat slow out the gate and for the most part this year due to Coronavirus?

Unlikely. This is just the "legal tampering" period, so even in past years there was no allowed site visits or physicals. So nothing has changed. And clearly teams are still circumventing the legal tampering as well to have all these discussions already. I think most top free agents know their market and you'll see similar movement to past years

My guess is if we miss out on Hooper, the likelihood we go all in on Cooper rises significantly. We need adequate weapons for our young QB. The good thing is Ron has to have a great feel for Hooper given he was in division. So if we throw caution to the wind and go all in on Hooper, I’d be fine with that. 

Wonder if it's a play by Flowers' agent to drive up the $$, or if there is really such a demand - $10M worth - on the market for him. He ain't following Callahan to Cleveland; their LG just made the Pro Bowl and is one of the more popular dudes on that squad. I wonder who's interested. I hope we can keep him. Not sure the team will fork over 10 big ones, though.

49 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Very unlikely. THis would actually be a year to retain your own FAs because you won't get comp picks in return. I presume even if Flowers gets a contract for $10m ... he's the only FA from this team likely to earn big $$ on the market to command a comp pick, and he'd likely be cancelled out by any FA CB, TE, WR we bring in.

True. I'd also much rather keep him than sign Amari Cooper. I think Cooper is a great WR but this year's draft is so unbelievably strong at WR that I am not sure I wouldn't rather invest the money for a proven OL player. I think it's way easier to find good WR value in rounds 3-4 than good OL value.

Archived