Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

19 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

I say no to Sanders. He is old. He will cost a lot of $$. He's right on the cliff of complete fall-off for that position, and I would absolutely not want to sign him for a 2-3 year deal.

Agreed. Not sure he'd want to sign here anyways. But he's maybe a #2 at best, assuming no injuries and he doesn't further regress. Seems like a good fit on a contender, but not much use on a 3-13 team. Even if he works out, you'd have to replace him in 1-2 years.

1 hour ago, Burgold said:

I might be alone with this, but I don't think I want any part of Amari Cooper. He discontented his way out of one team, had half a great season with the Cowboys, and then seemed to have the droppsies this season. I just think Cooper is one of those guys who's greater on paper than he's worth on the field.

You are not alone....I don't want Cooper here. I want a compliment to T-Mac, not an overpaid WR on his 3rd team who suffers from drops. Week 16 in Philly last season in a must win game, Cooper wasn't on the field on the last drive where Dallas needed a TD....and he wasn't hurt. He had a horrible game. 

1 minute ago, kingdaddy said:

You are not alone....I don't want Cooper here. I want a compliment to T-Mac, not an overpaid WR on his 3rd team who suffers from drops. Week 16 in Philly last season in a must win game, Cooper wasn't on the field on the last drive where Dallas needed a TD....and he wasn't hurt. He had a horrible game. 

He was pulled by a coaching staff that has been since fired. Had nothing to do with ability. 

Just now, Skin'emAlive said:

He was pulled by a coaching staff that has been since fired. Had nothing to do with ability. 

Yeah, they pulled him because he was bad that day. I get it that players have off days but not in a game that was that big. Why would you bench your best WR? 

I'm really interested to see where Delanie Walker ends up. 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001106181/article/titans-release-te-delanie-walker-after-7-seasons

He's not a starter anymore but I'd love to bring him in as depth for our TE group.  He'd be a great cheap addition to our thin ranks and could be used as a redzone target for Haskins if we didn't rely on him out of the gate and gave him the time to get healthy.

18 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Yeah, they pulled him because he was bad that day. I get it that players have off days but not in a game that was that big. Why would you bench your best WR? 

Most believe that Cooper was playing hurt during the second half of the season. He didn't look the same and his production fell off from Weeks 11-17

2 hours ago, RWJ said:

Wow. :)  I find it interesting that you want Cooper as your 1st FA signing.  I like Fuller, Boston and Hooper out of who your wish list consist of.  Thanks for the input, my friend.  Keep the info coming.  Always say, you and HigSkin are the best and appreciate what you provide to ES.  :)  

My philosophy of FA is don't overspend but swing for the fences when you do. 

When teams tend to collect parts to fill needs in FA, it feels good in the moment, but when they often end up being just guys and nothing special, then I'd rather shoot high.  So I'd rather not collect the 2nd tier-3rd tier guys -- no Culliver, Pea, Reyes, J. Johnson types.  I'd rather shoot at the high end.   Cooper IMO is a stud.  My only reservation is this draft is so loaded at that spot that do they really need to?  

Going somewhat against my theory of shooting high, I'd rather shoot lower at CB with this special FA group because I don't see Bradberry as really shooting high.  Bradberry is a big name but does he really deserve to be one of the highest paid corners?  So I'd rather get Breeland and Fuller or whomever then sign Bradberry for big dough.  Plus corner is big time depth driven position.

I am OK with Hooper.  Granted there isn't much out there at that spot in FA and that's my main draw to him.  But I think Cooper would be more of a game changer.   I'd like Littleton or Anthony Harris a lot but not sure if they are targeting them based on what Keim said but will see. 

I am all about finding the right fits for the system. I am all for overpaying or paying market rate for studs.

If you tell me right now our 4 moves are Byron Jones, Austin Hooper and Amari Cooper ... and re-signing Flowers?

FS, LT, LB become the biggest holes, but we will have picks to address those, presuming we do eventually trade Trent. I still think you find some mid-tier guys at FS like Boston or JOseph. Maybe not splashy signings. We'll see if we have the funds.

20 minutes ago, Reaper Skins said:

I'm really interested to see where Delanie Walker ends up. 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001106181/article/titans-release-te-delanie-walker-after-7-seasons

He's not a starter anymore but I'd love to bring him in as depth for our TE group.  He'd be a great cheap addition to our thin ranks and could be used as a redzone target for Haskins if we didn't rely on him out of the gate and gave him the time to get healthy.

In the last two seasons, Walker has played in 1 and 7 games. 25 receptions for 267 yard, 2 TD. He's 36 years old at season's start.

No thanks.

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

So that's 32 million a year.  Supposedly Dak rejected 33 million a year from Dallas.  I say 0 chance Dak gets signed before tag deadline.  Cooper likely a FA in 1.5 hours. 

To me KC is not worth his extension.  We shall see.  Will it be Cooper or Hooper as the Skins prize FA pickup.  :)  We know how Smith loves the SEC and Bama boys vs. RR has seen Hooper 2x a year.  Shall be interesting and speak volumes on who it is.  Exciting times, SIP.

Just now, RWJ said:

To me KC is not worth his extension.  We shall see.  Will it be Cooper or Hooper as the Skins prize FA pickup.  :)  

Keim seems pessimistic about both recently.  He's about to go on 980, I'll tell you what he says.  Not that Keim is the be all and end all, obviously they aren't telling Keim what they plan to do, he's just trying to piece it together. 

Just now, RWJ said:

To me KC is not worth his extension.  We shall see.  Will it be Cooper or Hooper as the Skins prize FA pickup.  :)  

I'd rather have KC at 32 then Tannehill at 29.5.  But otherwise, I'm not going to argue your wrong...

Time for CHooper!

1 minute ago, jsharrin55 said:

I'd rather have KC at 32 then Tannehill at 29.5.  But otherwise, I'm not going to argue your wrong...

Time for CHooper!

I'll agree with the Tannehill part. 

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

In the last two seasons, Walker has played in 1 and 7 games. 25 receptions for 267 yard, 2 TD. He's 36 years old at season's start.

No thanks.

Yeah, he needs to get healthy and not be relied on as a starter.  But with a sort of ****ty TE draft and FA class, I'd rather get him for a cheap one year back up plan than invest heavily in a guy like Hooper who i think isn't worth the money he's gonna get and not worth tying ourselves to for multiple years. 

I'd rather address TE in next years draft and take a bandaid approach for this season, hopefully getting Sprinkle and Hentges most of the reps to see if they'll develop into playmakers, with Walker as a last resort with upside later in the year in spot duty

Seems as though RR and FO have kept things so close to the vest I don't think anyone knows what they are gonna do.  I can only hope we sign Hooper.  :)

Keim seems pessimistic about both recently.  He's about to go on 980, I'll tell you what he says.  Not that Keim is the be all and end all, obviously they aren't telling Keim what they plan to do, he's just trying to piece it together. 

I don't think we land a "prize".

Don't need one.

I'd love Cooper, Hooper I'd be okay with...

But the guys I'd target are guys to upgrade our major position holes for moderate money. Look towards guys like E. Sanders as a vet presence at WR, Worley at CB, Martinez at LB, Boston at safety, Hollister if you HAVE to have a TE and can't get Hooper.

I like Wes Martin at guard. Depth is good, but we need two tackles. So there's some stuff there that can be finagled. Lots of angles to take. Upgrade in bottomed out positions. 

Archived