Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

On 5/2/2020 at 9:43 PM, bakedtater1 said:

No kiddin..no more Chris Thompson?... it's not surprising..he couldn't stay healthy...but man o man did he ever give me some memories..I believe Kirk's last year?..mcvays first year with the rams...25 had some killer games that year...the one against the rams,eagles,raiders..and a few other bright spots through the year..

Hey Chris thanks for what ya did with the skins man!!

Ok question...so these teams I see not exercising players 5th year option..hehe (sorry hun)biscuits with the bears..that lions dude, John Ross with the bungles...does this mean the team is willing to deal them/let them walk?

Yeah he had a strange career for sure but there were times he was the best, and possibly only, offensive weapon they had.  

On 5/2/2020 at 3:02 AM, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

CT25 gets himself a one year deal with the Jags. Guess Jay put a word in for him.

Was surprised when I looked that he’d been here 7 seasons. Good pro.

He was a Jay Gruden guy through and through.  Now he gets to go get hurt in Jax, and Jay can lament over not having his weapons.  

If I was Jay, there isn't one player on offense from the 'Skins who I would have let walk through the doors in Jax.  But, clearly, he doesn't feel the same way.

I liked CT.  But after a multitude of injuries, you just can't count on him being available. And you can't design scheme around guys who are not available.

Has there been any discussion about how the lost revenue of no crowds this season will have an impact on the future salary cap? I know there's a new tv deal that will be massive but the loss of anticipated revenue from ticket sale and all that goes with it has to have an effect on the cap I would think.  Or since that's a team by team thing is that not figured into the salary cap figure?

32 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Yeah he had a strange career for sure but there were times he was the best, and possibly only, offensive weapon they had.  

Yes sir...we won that rams game on defense and 25..same with the eagles game.

1 hour ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Has there been any discussion about how the lost revenue of no crowds this season will have an impact on the future salary cap? I know there's a new tv deal that will be massive but the loss of anticipated revenue from ticket sale and all that goes with it has to have an effect on the cap I would think.  Or since that's a team by team thing is that not figured into the salary cap figure?

Haven’t seen that but our FO has clearly had a plan to preserve a high amount of our cap space for this, next, and future years.

For all the FA signings brought in, something like only 30mil in total gtd money on signing combined across them all. The story was we only offered Cooper 23mil gtd out of that 110mil offer.

seems a definite plan/approach to keep things low key, let the roster prove itself, low cost free agents, likely got one eye on a disjointed season too. 

Hopefully that provides the answers they want before pushing on next offseason.

15 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Haven’t seen that but our FO has clearly had a plan to preserve a high amount of our cap space for this, next, and future years.

For all the FA signings brought in, something like only 30mil in total gtd money on signing combined across them all. The story was we only offered Cooper 23mil gtd out of that 110mil offer.

seems a definite plan/approach to keep things low key, let the roster prove itself, low cost free agents, likely got one eye on a disjointed season too. 

Hopefully that provides the answers they want before pushing on next offseason.

Yeah that's what i was thinking, we certainly would be positioned better than the Boys who are committing so much money to 3 players, or the Rams who are stuck with Goff at like $40 mil/year.    But my bigger point was this unrest just has to have an affect on the cap right?  

The only reason I don’t want guys like Jalen Ramsey and Cam Newton on the team, is because we don’t need characters.  I want good football players on the team; that takes precedence over showmen.  Ramsey has a Deion like ego, but gives you DeAngelo Hall type results (no offense to DeAngelo).

18 minutes ago, Vanguard said:

The only reason I don’t want guys like Jalen Ramsey and Cam Newton on the team, is because we don’t need characters.  I want good football players on the team; that takes precedence over showmen.  Ramsey has a Deion like ego, but gives you DeAngelo Hall type results (no offense to DeAngelo).

I agree. I like having Thomas Davis and Jonathon Allen type characters that are all about team football. Collins is another one. 

If we have a young guy emerge as the clown, like Guise, that's fine. 

24 minutes ago, Vanguard said:

Dhall type results? When has dhall ever been considered a top 3 cb? Lol ramsey would take this defense to the next level. 

4 minutes ago, 757SeanTaylor21 said:

Dhall type results? When has dhall ever been considered a top 3 cb? Lol ramsey would take this defense to the next level. 

Okay maybe a little better than DHall.  But I’ve seen D Angelo take over games.  Remember his game against Chicago and Cutler?  Hall was a 3 time pro bowler too.  I think Ramsey has been to 3.

37 minutes ago, Vanguard said:

Okay maybe a little better than DHall.  But I’ve seen D Angelo take over games.  Remember his game against Chicago and Cutler?  Hall was a 3 time pro bowler too.  I think Ramsey has been to 3.

One of my favorite DHall games.  He was en fuego that day!  Someone put some Tabasco in that man's Wheaties!

1 hour ago, Vanguard said:

You’re drawing a direct comparison.  It has a lot more to do with the talent gap between Deion and DeAngelo.

I don't think you responded to the post you meant to.

7 hours ago, Vanguard said:

Lol surely his best game here as a skin. And Ramsey is just walking in his prime. I'll agree he has an ego but I like a little bit of pride in football. And arrogance as well if you can back it up amd he surely has done it

16 hours ago, Rex Tomb said:

One of my favorite DHall games.  He was en fuego that day!  Someone put some Tabasco in that man's Wheaties!

I believe before that game, Cutler basically said the Bears offense will be able to move the ball because he can just throw it at Hall all day. 

Clearly questioning Hall's ability as a DB.

Hall answered with four INTs, including a pick-6.

I personally think that, at times, Cutler would abandon the Bears offensive gameplan and kept forcing the ball in Hall's direction. Just to prove his misguided point, and Hall kept picking him off.

After the game, he was asked about all those INTs to Hall, Cutler smugly said he would've kept throwing to Hall's side of the field.

Cutler was a trash QB.

Archived