Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

3 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Iaon is already paid, Allen is next year, Payne the year after that. Sweat is several years down the road. Everyone eventually gets paid. Right now they do not have to get paid, which means we do have the luxury of using our cap money to pay Harris. If Moreau blows up big time and Sweat wants a huge deal, that's years down the road when Harris is finishing his deal. It's the correct way to build our defense.

Well, Ioan isn't 1 of the 4 1st rounders either ;)

Harris is looking to get 14 mill and Landon is being paid 14 mill per.  That would put 2 of our top 5 cap hits at safety.

I agree we can do it, but at some point we need more on offense.  And I'm not sure it's the smartest way to build a team.  Especially when we see things like the coaching staff makes DBs generally look better than they are.

I would enjoy seeing this defense with with him.  That I won't argue.

2 hours ago, xxprodigyxx said:

It's just a personal thing. Something about him just annoys me.

Probably all the clicking on his phone he does every time he is on TV. He seems to have gotten more annoying over the years in that aspect but overall, I have no real issues.

2 hours ago, jsharrin55 said:

Well, Ioan isn't 1 of the 4 1st rounders either ;)

Harris is looking to get 14 mill and Landon is being paid 14 mill per.  That would put 2 of our top 5 cap hits at safety.

I agree we can do it, but at some point we need more on offense.  And I'm not sure it's the smartest way to build a team.  Especially when we see things like the coaching staff makes DBs generally look better than they are.

I would enjoy seeing this defense with with him.  That I won't argue.

Add in Davis too and it's an absurd amount to spend on safeties, but at the same time, we have the money and there isn't another player we'd be throwing money at this year, so we do have it.

Our pass rushers, CBs(except Fuller), LT, WR, QB are all on rookie deals so we have a ton of liberty on where to spend now. Even if it's a front loaded 3 year deal that we can get out of after 2 years, we should be able to have drafted guys replace him by the time we have to sign our big ticket positions.

Harris coming here is pointless since Ron compared Sean Davis as Mike Mitchell. SD will be our starter at free safety and I’m good with it. It’s not sexy but solid. No way we should trade for Harris and pay him $14 mil regardless of whether we can afford to. Harris had a career year last year and trying to turn it into a windfall. Do these stats warrant him being a top paid safety? He only was a starter last year. 

Defense & Fumbles

• * Selected to Pro Bowl, + First-Team All-Pro
  •  
  • Share & more

• Modify & Share Table
    • Embed this Table
    • Get as Excel Workbook (experimental)
    • Get table as CSV (for Excel)
    • Copy Link to Table to Clipboard
    • About Sharing Tools
    • Video: SR Sharing Tools & How-to
    • Video: Stats Table Tips & Tricks
  • Glossary
  • Toggle Per-Game Stats
  Games Def Interceptions Fumbles   Tackles    
Year Age Tm
Pos No. G GS Int Yds TD Lng PD FF Fmb FR Yds TD Sk Comb Solo Ast TFL QBHits Sfty AV
Career       65 31 9 75 1 33 21 1 0 4 0 0 0.0 180 127 53 1 2   15
2019 28 MIN S 41 14 14 6 42 1 20 11 0 0 1 0 0 0.0 60 35 25 1 1   6
2018 27 MIN db/s/ss 41 15 9 3 33 0 33 6           0.0 46 34 12 0 1   4
2017 26 MIN ss 41 16 3 0 0 0 0 1 1 0 2 0 0 0.0 18 16 2 0 0   2
2016 25 MIN fs/ss 41 16 3 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 1 0 0 0.0 41 30 11 0 0   2
2015 24 MIN ss 41 4 2 0 0 0 0 2           0.0 15 12 3 0 0   1

On 4/6/2020 at 11:24 PM, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

So would you guys pull the trigger on say Anthony Harris and a 4th round pick for Trent? If they said this is gonna be our best offer...

I think I'd have to do it if there arent any other solid offers from another team. What do you guys think? 👍 or👎

Its a lot of money to commit to the safety group assuming we sign him to a new deal, but we haven't had a proper FS since Sean and its been at the heart of a lot of the issues in our defensive backfield. Could solidify that D like we haven't seen for a while in DC

Depending on what Harris wants i don't know that I would....depends on how much they like the local kid Davis, the FA we signed from Pittsburgh. Harris reminds me of Dunbar in that he may think he's worth more than what he really is worth. I'd take Harris and a 2nd and throw them a 6th or a 2021 4th. But only if Harris money is right.

16 hours ago, redskinss said:

What an asshole. 

He made more and then turned down more money than most people make in a lifetime and now he's looking for sympathy from the working class?

Some people just dont think before they type.

Who was the player that compared his multi million dollar contract to slavery? A RB I think.

16 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

Depending on what Harris wants i don't know that I would....depends on how much they like the local kid Davis, the FA we signed from Pittsburgh. Harris reminds me of Dunbar in that he may think he's worth more than what he really is worth. I'd take Harris and a 2nd and throw them a 6th or a 2021 4th. But only if Harris money is right.

He wants $14mil a year which is a lot, but he's also the best out there and probably worth it.

7 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Who was the player that compared his multi million dollar contract to slavery? A RB I think.

Can't tell if that was sarcasm or not...it was the same idiot, Junior Gallette that said it.

This man continues to impress me with how much of an arrogant, ignorant, dummy he can possibly be.  Comparing his situation which was self inflicted on so many levels to people losing their jobs for a situation that was out of their control.  A whole new level of idiocy.

2 minutes ago, thelongestbreath said:

Can't tell if that was sarcasm or not...it was the same idiot, Junior Gallette that said it.

This man continues to impress me with how much of an arrogant, ignorant, dummy he can possibly be.  Comparing his situation which was self inflicted on so many levels to people losing their jobs for a situation that was out of their control.  A whole new level of idiocy.

No way, was it really? I totally thought it was Ray Rice or someone totally different.

Just now, Riggo#44 said:

Our own Adrian Peterson once referred to the CBA as "Modern Day Slavery"

That's who it was. I was right about purple and a runningback :ols:

4 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

No way, was it really? I totally thought it was Ray Rice or someone totally different.

That's who it was. I was right about purple and a runningback :ols:

Maybe Adrian Peterson discussed the same narrative as well.  Washington offered JG a contract and he compared the offer to slave wages and he's been on the shelf sitting ever since.

Edit: He has since deleted the comment from his snapchat.  However if you type in Junior Galette refers to salary as slave wages you'll see a healthy amount of material on this.

13 minutes ago, veteranskinsfan said:

As much as I hate to say Peter King is right about anything, he may end up being right about Allen starting over Haskins.

Hahaha ... I was thinking the same thing about Peter King.  Is that fat "turd" ever right about anything.  I think it is still a little too early to start predicting who's gonna be the starter.  While Haskins can't work with the team, he can and should be doing a lot right now on his own so he can get acclimated to the new offense.  Studying the playbook, the film, video conferencing with Turner, and everything else in-between.

Also while Allen has a leg up on Haskins with the new offense.  He doesn't have the familiarity with TMac, Harmon, and Simms.  So many players talk about having that understanding is a big part of the game and the quarterback position. 

I still say Haskins is the starter depending on how much he learns the offense. 

Goodbye Breeland.

At least for a year.

Re-signs with KC for 1 year and about 4.5 Million.

Personally expected it to be higher.

3 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Gallette actually did say something along those lines. It was in regards to the Redskins' last offer.

So, I guess both of them did.

3 hours ago, skinsfan93 said:

While Haskins can't work with the team, he can and should be doing a lot right now on his own so he can get acclimated to the new offense.  Studying the playbook, the film, video conferencing with Turner

I think it should be clear for people with outsized expectations that the bolded is not something Haskins can just do whenever, outside of strict CBA guidelines. We just have to have a realistic understanding of the situation here. 

Archived