Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Flowers plucked, Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, S Sean Davis, RB McKissic, TE Logan Thomas OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), TE Rodgers, RB P. Barber, LB Davis, OL Vujnovich, Darb

19 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

Again you guys are losing your **** (not literally, a figure of speech) over a guy they signed in March. Why becasue he is not a 4 time pro-bowler? Those cost money. Let's give them more than a single minute to see what they are doing . They clearly have a plan. It's 1 week into free agency and you guys are all pissed becasue they signed a guy for $600k guaranteed? 

I am done here. You all are too funny. Carry on. I like the signing. Makes perfect sense to me. Not changing my mind. 

I don’t think anyone is clamoring for pro-bowlers, but bodies at positions in most need. We feature at most one maybe two backs in a game at a time? Same doesn’t apply to corners. I’d rather we bringing in camp bodies at that position. Same with safety. We cut a lot of bodies, traded one away but haven’t really brought competition on board. Sure it’s early, but these RB signings are like me washing the dishes instead of putting out the fire in my bedroom. Sure they have to be done but I would probably be better off putting out the fire first.

• Like 1

Maybe Rivera is grabbing a replacement-level back (sounds like that's what Barber is) in the event that one of the two young RBs, who were drafted by the previous regime and have played a combined 5 of 48 possible games, isn't available to start the season? 

If he has to cut him because Love and Guice are both healthy and productive in the pre-season, he can. 

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

I don’t think anyone is clamoring for pro-bowlers, but bodies at positions in most need. We feature at most one maybe two backs in a game at a time? Same doesn’t apply to corners. I’d rather we bringing in camp bodies at that position. Same with safety. We cut a lot of bodies, traded one away but haven’t really brought competition on board. Sure it’s early, but these RB signings are like me washing the dishes instead of putting out the fire in my bedroom. Sure they have to be done but I would probably be better off putting out the fire first.

We will ahve to agree to disagree. I have no problem with what they are doing right now. I think people are over-reacting - to a crazy degree over a $600k RB being signed. 

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

We will ahve to agree to disagree. I have no problem with what they are doing right now. I think people are over-reacting - to a crazy degree over a $600k RB being signed. 

I don’t care much for the move but I’m not angry about it either. I see your side in terms of there’s no harm in having these guys in camp. I just think it’s a waste of time. 

2 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Bring him in, now.

I recommend trading a 5th. Then trading Williams for a fifth about an hour or two after.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 10
  • Sad 1
4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

he didn't have a good season last year but the season before pretty good

He has hip surgery in December.  Think I'd stay away.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Russell

https://www.si.com/nfl/redskins/news/source-dunbar-didnt-want-mega-dollars

From what I understand, Dunbar was NOT looking for a top-of-the-market deal as I had wondered about. 

I wonder if that's true or if it's the spin his side wants to put out?

On the other hand, if I came to you and said, "I want you to double my salary, but I'm not willing to extend the years in the contract because I'm not sure I want to stay here." I suspect I know what your answer to me would be. Even if "doubling" a salary in the NFL doesn't quite mean what it does to you or me it's still kind of crass position to take. Usually, if a contract is renegotiated it's extended too.

5 minutes ago, Burgold said:

I wonder if that's true or if it's the spin his side wants to put out?

On the other hand, if I came to you and said, "I want you to double my salary, but I'm not willing to extend the years in the contract because I'm not sure I want to stay here." I suspect I know what your answer to me would be. Even if "doubling" a salary in the NFL doesn't quite mean what it does to you or me it's still kind of crass position to take. Usually, if a contract is renegotiated it's extended too.

I also found it really odd that he started his twitter tantrum before he even had a chance to meet Rivera or Del Rio. That's no way to get things started with the new regime.

• Like 2

I would be stoked to see us trade for Burton. Shouldn't cost much if they are willing to release him if they cant find a trade partner.

Maybe something like our 5th and a 7th. For Burton, two 6th's and a lower 7th.

5/163 and 7/217

for

Burton, 6/197, 6/201, 7/227

- We move out of the 5th, but get two 6 rounders. Swap 10 spots back in the 7th to sweeten the pot for them. So we get a starting caliber TE, and add an additional late round pick in the process. It sure would be nice to add an additional pick somehow.

1 hour ago, JSSkinz said:

That highlight reminded me of the Perine highlights where he simply ran through a hole the size of a truck.   He is cheap so no big deal but if he is getting action that can only mean bad news about Love and Guice. 

• Like 2

YES!....I was hoping we'd sign Peyton Barber. I can see us using him all over the field on both sides of the ball. People don't realize that he's really dynamic in the wildcat formation and has even been known to hold for kicks on kickoffs when the wind keeps blowing the ball off the tee. Riverboat Ron strikes again....wish the season started tomorrow. Anyone know what number Barber will be....I wanna see if I can get his jersey? HTTR.

• Haha 5

You could start with 4 backs on the active roster and put either Guice or Love on PUP to start the season. Once one of these guys inevitably goes down, you just activate the PUP guy