Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

23 minutes ago, 09 said:

Thank you ... never been on it.   Always wondered how ya'll saw so much ... 

It’s pretty awesome. Some of my takes are from broadcast TV. I’ve been coaching and around the game so long that you can kinda see from that view. But you absolutely can’t see everything.

Was a line guy for a long time and lemme tell ya... trying to get a read on line play from the broadcast view is maddening.

7 hours ago, skinsfan93 said:

Possible as Carolina had Ted Ginn to do that and he did the same in NO. I prefer to have Perriman who has 4.2 speed and also 6’2. 

i know he has not done well in the pros for most of his career after being a first rounder but it takes some receivers to “get it” before excelling. Remember Cris Carter?

No kiddin... it was the same way for Carter?..god yeah I remember him..don't get me wrong the posse had me front n center for every game I could but so did prime time to watch for cc highlights!

I agree with the point above by the PFF guy, Dunbar in theory is worth more than a 4th.  But at the same time you got to build a locker room culture.  A dude that can't stop whining about his salary publicly and seems to worship Trent for doing the same -- I think its addition by subtraction as for the long haul but maybe not short term. 

3 hours ago, Number 44 said:

I was hoping the Redskins would target Perriman, but I'm wondering why the Bucs decided not to try to keep him.

Tampa has a big contract with Evans and they really like Godwin. Not sure what Perriman is asking for but I dont think Tampa has the money. Did see an article that they may try to keep him. 

15 minutes ago, KDawg said:

It’s pretty awesome.

Just checked it out ... very cool.  

My problem ... one of many ... is that when the Skins lose ... I don't want to see the game again.   Or watch any other NFL games. Or news/ESPN.  Mad for a week. 

Been a rough 25+.

Some of my takes are from broadcast TV. I’ve been coaching and around the game so long that you can kinda see from that view. But you absolutely can’t see everything.

That's primarily why I asked ... ya'lls detailed discussions/knowledge about secondary/linebacker coverages/responsibilites.

Was a line guy for a long time and lemme tell ya... trying to get a read on line play from the broadcast view is maddening.

An old line coach myself.  🍻

11 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I agree with the point above by the PFF guy, Dunbar in theory is worth more than a 4th.  But at the same time you got to build a locker room culture.  A dude that can't stop whining about his salary publicly and seems to worship Trent for doing the same -- I think its addition by subtraction as for the long haul but maybe not short term. 

It's really interesting how Ron is handling both of these.  He gave Trent permission to seek a trade, did not give that to Dunny.  I think he knows Dunny has no choice but to shut up and play ball when the time comes.  And faking an injury to get out of playing on this contract costs him money in FA next year.

And I think he knew NOBODY was going to pay Trent's salary requirements, so letting him test the water and then end up back here was prudent.  

If I'm right, it's kinda smart.  Smarter than Bruce could pull off by a long shot.  

2 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Smarter than Bruce could pull off by a long shot.  

Not trying to diminish Riverboat Ron here, but that's not exactly a ringing endorsement. I've had sandwiches that were smarter than Bruce.

Dunbar is not worth a 2nd.. thats ridiculous. Not only can he not stay healthy... but he wants a new contract as part of the trade and there were plenty of good corners that got cut and could have been had without losing any pics. Skins will be lucky to get a 4th for him

56 minutes ago, Vanguard said:

I guess you’re right.  Then we have a problem at outside linebacker right?  Yea Kerrigan is a D end I’ve always known.

potentially.  But from what I understand more ILB in the 3-4 kick out to OLB in the 4-3 than fulfill the stereotypical MLB role

5 minutes ago, oraphus said:

Dunbar is not worth a 2nd.. thats ridiculous. Not only can he not stay healthy... but he wants a new contract as part of the trade and there were plenty of good corners that got cut and could have been had without losing any pics. Skins will be lucky to get a 4th for him

the first three years of his career he was healthy.  The last two he's trying to blame on the training staff

25 minutes ago, oraphus said:

If they can't get a 3rd they need to keep him and see what happens. Dunbar is the #2 ranked CB in all of the NFL according to the ratings/numbers. That is worth more than a 4th or 3rd in my opinion. He's young too...Dunbar is a great get for any team and has great value. Just my take.

39 minutes ago, oraphus said:

he never saw the field the first 3 years...

in his first three years he was a backup player who appeared in 11, 14 and 15 games, starting 2, 2 and 4. And I know at least his 11 game season was because he started in on the practice squad

Fa had been a dud so far, and seems to have fizzled out for the most part.

After having a few days to digest the signings and and general skill level of the guys signed (as far as NFL production)

I'm still as underwhelmed as I was when these current fa's were signed. I'd be surprised if half of these guys were still on the roster come Sept.

Such is life I suppose.

Much remains to be seen, but it's been an underwhelming start for the new regime so far. Hopefully it'll all pan out in a few years. 😕

4 hours ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Assuming a trade of Dunbar and Trent ... Skins will have about $40m in cap space. I would suspect we will be rolling at least $20m into 2021

Based on who they’re signing, they could pen 6 more players and still roll about 34 million into 2021

3 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

If they can't get a 3rd they need to keep him and see what happens. Dunbar is the #2 ranked CB in all of the NFL according to the ratings/numbers. That is worth more than a 4th or 3rd in my opinion. He's young too...Dunbar is a great get for any team and has great value. Just my take.

Only PFF thinks that, and their grading system sucks. No team in their right mind thinks Dunbar is the second best corner in football, over the likes of Ramsey, White, Howard, Ward, Lattimore, Sherman, Pat Pete.

9 hours ago, JoggingGod said:

Only PFF thinks that, and their grading system sucks. No team in their right mind thinks Dunbar is the second best corner in football, over the likes of Ramsey, White, Howard, Ward, Lattimore, Sherman, Pat Pete.

No but he probably is considered to be very good and starter material so a 2d is probably the right value.  Frankly I think he'd a steal for only a 2d round pick, given his age (only if he signs and extension first though). Which is why I kind of hope we extend him.

Archived