Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

LOL to all these Madden trades.

Guys, we can't trade Trent to a team .... what makes you think adding the complexity of Dunbar helps the situation and makes a trade more likely? Come on fellas .... we probably gonna have to cut Dunny and maybe get a 3rd for Trent. Relax on these crazy scenarios. We are not in a position of power here, at all ... and packaging both guys is not gonna increase the odds of a trade lol

No matter what, don’t cut these guys, as big as a pain as it is to have to deal with them. Just hold on to them because they both are under contract for this year. And they are both valuable commodities. How valuable? We’ll find out soon. Hoping to get 2-3 picks for them come the draft, whatever those picks are at this point is better than nothing. I think we’ll get to move them around then.

5 hours ago, skinny21 said:

I hear you, and I’m not happy with the spot he’s putting the team in, but I can’t blame him too much for trying to minimize his injury issues.  The replacement of the training staff and the Trent Williams saga lend credence to his claims.  If a team buys it, he’s looking at making millions more than he might otherwise... regardless of whether there’s any validity to his claims.  

On the flip side, he’s made a lot of poor choices through this process as well, which might have cost him millions...

The "action" Trent Williams is getting shows exactly how much credence is being lent to these claims.  Teams have no interest in dealing with headaches.

It's really, really not a pain to "deal with" these guys if they stick around, in football terms. It's normal football stuff. And it hasn't become "cancerous" yet. People's perceptions are skewed because of social media and the 24 hour news cycle, never-ending speculation, and easy accessibility no matter where we are. It's exhausting on our end because there's nothing else going on with the team, but the team doesn't feel the same way. This is business. Teams much better than us have malcontents--yes, even SB teams! You don't just cut them because fan and media speculation about trades gets annoying. They are assets, and when the season starts they get in line because they're still playing for contracts. 

You don't just cut a guy like Dunbar who is a starting outside DB because he's getting annoying on Twitter. That's asinine. If you can't trade him for something worthwhile you make him earn that next contract in his contact year and you use that. Same with Trent--it's much less common to see posters call for just straight cutting him, but I have seen that here. And it's too stupid to even address here beyond pointing out the embarrassing fact that the sentiment does exist. 

Yeah yeah, the culture change. I know. It's not good for a culture change for guys to think they can just complain their way off the roster if they're making a few million per year less than someone they just watched sign a deal in FA, either. That's toxic. These guys need to be dealt for close to the worth they have to us, or they need to earn that next contract on the field for us, and net us a potential comp pick on the way out. They don't get to just dictate their own unexpected FA. 

People exhausted by their own social media feeds and checking this site every hour need to get a handle on their own impatience--I'm sure it doesn't impact our FO at all, but damn it's agitating to read lol. 

Trent will be more valuable "In Season" than now/pre/post draft. He can play his way into a trade GOOD for US. There is no hurry. Probably a 2021 pick is all being offered anyway in the 1 or 2 position. In fact, I HOPE the FO puts this off until the trade deadline..getting productivity from TW helping Haskens grow and maximizes his trade value with other teams injuries. That does have a risk if TW gets hurt but if he feigns injury..it will cost him millions in future contract- don't think he's THAT stupid...

Let him play..including preseason games to show case him...

Ross was a one trick pony. Could run the fly and that was it.  Maybe the XFL helped him develop his skill set but he’s got a long way to make a roster. 

By the way rumor has Eagles signing Perriman. I hope not because I really want him here. 

1 minute ago, skinsfan93 said:

Ross was a one trick pony. Could run the fly and that was it.  Maybe the XFL helped him develop his skill set but he’s got a long way to make a roster. 

By the way rumor has Eagles signing Perriman. I hope not because I really want him here. 

Maybe that's all we need to open Mclaurin more?

1 minute ago, bakedtater1 said:

Maybe that's all we need to open Mclaurin more?

Possible as Carolina had Ted Ginn to do that and he did the same in NO. I prefer to have Perriman who has 4.2 speed and also 6’2. 

i know he has not done well in the pros for most of his career after being a first rounder but it takes some receivers to “get it” before excelling. Remember Cris Carter?

29 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

They money breakdown on it

This kind of reminds me of when Sam Huff came out of retirement for Vince Lombardi when he came to DC to be the HC.  Thomas isn't retired like Huff was but it just seems similar.  :)

5 minutes ago, ksun247 said:

Carter was cut by the Eagles very early in his career. Alcohol issues and not playing up to his potential, I believe. He signed with the Vikes and the rest is history.

Carter was one of the best in the league. He was incredible. He was a huge drug addict so Buddy Ryan cut him and saved his life.

The famous quote "all he does is score touchdowns" from Ryan was epic (we still do that?)

The only thing Carter and Ross have in common is the position they play. Carter is a borderline HoFer, Ross isn't even a lock for a roster spot.

15 minutes ago, Brother Redskin said:

sorry to get off topic, but i've been wondering what does SIP stand for?

He can't stop drinking the koolaid.  :ols:

I am just tried of this crap with both TW and QD.  I want both gone.  It free up money for us to pursue other FAs like Breeland and Peters to fill their spots and gives us lower end draft picks to play for us.  

We arent cutting Dunbar, and contrary to popular belief we DO have leverage on both.  We DONT have leverage on trading partners, however.  

First, with Trent, you get a 3rd round comp next year, and you know TW will play this year, because if hes really serious about getting 20 million per, he knows full well he cant sit out another year and make it 3 years since he last played.  He will play, and he will give his best(not for the team, for his own next contract).

Second, with Dunbar, he has a tiny cap figure, cutting him would be absolutely stupid.  If we keep him, we get a comp pick whether he plays or not, and if he doesnt play, or has an attitude, you send him to sit at home and he doesnt make most of his pay.  If you cut him you save probably $2 million, and get no draft pick.  If you cant trade him you make him play, and he either gives you a great year and a 3rd-4th round comp pick as the quiet little soldier, or he costs you $2 million to sit him at home once he acts up, and you get a 3rd-4th round comp pick.  Dont be a Bruce Allen, dont just cut your nose off to spite your face.

Archived