Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

10 minutes ago, Master Blaster said:

I’ve read enough of your posts to realize you cry just to cry, but don’t attempt to sound like you understand. 

If Holcomb, Bostic, JHC, and Pierre-Louis have any qualities at all it is speed. 

Davis played Safety when he came into the league. Granted he is old now so I’m not sure on speed. 

Foster is a blazer. Not sure he can be counted on at this point. 

Speed is not the issue with the LB’s outside of Anderson and Hamilton, and neither will probably be on the roster in September. 

Im unsure on SDH. He has some really odd plays. Decent in coverage, but he has some really lacking drops. Meh against the run, but then he flies up and smokes a dude. I don’t think he’s very instinctual. And that may hurt him. 

Holcomb is a great athlete who can go sideline to sideline, but he’s not a block destruction guy. And he’s a little slow getting downhill. He takes a second to diagnose things. So while he gets to the ball it’s usually a few yards downfield.

Im pretty much with you on the evaluations. If it’s anything the corps as a whole has its speed. If I was giving an overall criticism to last years backers it was they didn’t play with instincts and didn’t get downhill well. 

9 minutes ago, Birdlives said:

I’ve been lurking through the chaos and entertainment that is this thread for a while but have to chime in here. If they want to get paid, and they have to play for us this year, what do they have to gain by being cancerous in the locker room? For that matter, what do they have to gain by holding out, milking injuries, or any other shenanigans. They are both under contract for 1 year.

Dunbar hasn’t played a whole season. If he causes trouble what are the chances he gets paid? He has to ball out for us to get paid. Being disgruntled only hurts his position. He can suck for a year, waste a year of his career and sign a low 1 year deal to prove himself? He can be injured a lot like he’s been and someone’s going to give him a cash bonus? He’s stuck and the coach knows it. Play well for 1 more season, cash in. Be a schmuck, good luck. 

Trent has no leverage. He can’t possibly hold out again and expect another payday. His main grievance was the medical stuff. That went away and now he wants to get paid. If he doesn’t get paid this year on a trade, he’ll have to be pro bowl Trent to get that next contract and we’ll get a top left tackle for one year plus a comp pick. Any other path and he hurts his own position.

I think you’re overestimating their intelligence as well as underestimating their greed.

They also don’t have to do a thing to be cancers. Everyone already knows they don’t want to be there. Hard to go into battle with guys who aren’t interested in being your teammate.

1 minute ago, PartyPosse said:

I think you’re overestimating their intelligence as well as underestimating their greed.

They also don’t have to do a thing to be cancers. Everyone already knows they don’t want to be there. Hard to go into battle with guys who aren’t interested in being your teammate.

It’s a weird take but fine. Agree to disagree.

16 minutes ago, Master Blaster said:

I’ve read enough of your posts to realize you cry just to cry, but don’t attempt to sound like you understand. 

If Holcomb, Bostic, JHC, and Pierre-Louis have any qualities at all it is speed. 

Davis played Safety when he came into the league. Granted he is old now so I’m not sure on speed. 

Foster is a blazer. Not sure he can be counted on at this point. 

Speed is not the issue with the LB’s outside of Anderson and Hamilton, and neither will probably be on the roster in September. 

Davis wasn’t signed to play LB was he?

i Also am not expecting much from JHC and Reuben Foster so that leave Holcomb, who I’ll concede is a speedy dude, and Bostic who I’ll stand by as someone who is not. He’s physical and smart, but speedy he is not.

i honestly can’t speak on KPL.

6 minutes ago, Birdlives said:

It’s a weird take but fine. Agree to disagree.

I don’t think Dunbar has a leg to stand on, so in that sense I agree. But with Trent, there were serious issues last year, we brought in a new regime and replaced the medical staff. Still couldn’t work it out. I just don’t think there’s a reconciliation there. He doesn’t seem to be backing down from his outrageous contract demands despite there being little serious interest. He really hasn’t been smart about anything throughout this entire process.

It seems that Emmanuel Sanders played his cards very well. Btw, if the Saints and the Bucs (as reported) were in on Sanders, we didn't have a chance. Nothing against Haskins, but he isn't taking a 33 year-old wide receiver to the Super Bowl anytime soon. 

6 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

i Also am not expecting much from JHC and Reuben Foster so that leave Holcomb, who I’ll concede is a speedy dude, and Bostic who I’ll stand by as someone who is not. He’s physical and smart, but speedy he is not.

Thomas Davis wasn’t signed to play LB huh?  What is he going to play?

27 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

I think someone is confused because we signed two Davis, Thomas and Sean.

4 hours ago, dyst said:

Guys, this is the cumulative of 20+ years of Snyder ownership and the dysfunction he has bestowed upon this franchise. We won’t attract players with even odds. Sadly, players are turning down more money to not sign here and some want out. It will be a grind to get out of this. We HAVE to go the draft route.

I have a feeling that narrative will be changing soon. Ya know, family members never let you forget the past. It begins to be a pain in the ass when the only thing uncle vinny wants to blab about when he gets drunk is the ****ing past. Don't be uncle vinny. Look ahead grasshopper.

I found it a bit enlightening to go back through a list of the top players at each position prior to the start of FA.  There was a large percentage of the higher end guys that were franchised, re-signed (ie, other teams probably had a minimal chance at them) or were  at positions we probably had far less need of - edge, IDL, qb.  

32 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

I found it a bit enlightening to go back through a list of the top players at each position prior to the start of FA.  There was a large percentage of the higher end guys that were franchised, re-signed (ie, other teams probably had a minimal chance at them) or were  at positions we probably had far less need of - edge, IDL, qb.  

I keep saying the same. I've seen a lot of complaints about not being active in the FA. Who exactly are people upset that we didnt bring in? We got one target in Fuller. Lost out on Olsen, Cooper and most likely Hooper. Not sure if Jones was a target but he would be another one. Other than that who else is worth getting upset about?

Maybe it seems like we missed out on a bunch more because of the guys that were franchised as you noted above or the trades that went down. I really dont get why people are getting all over RR and  this front office?

Rather have Funchess myself.

Pretty obvious to me that Rivera is playing the long game. Salary Cap will roll over. It’s a 2 Year Build. Spend low now on good players.

Competition will separate who starts. 

Rome wasn’t built in a Day....

1 minute ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Between college and pros, Logan Thomas spent FAR more time as a QB, than a TE.

Are we signing him as a backup QB, or a backup TE ?

He's a tight end now and I think he's a sleeper.  Athletic.  Good size.  Good speed.

45 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Not when you offer Cooper 110mil. I think we’re struggling to attract our main targets. I still expect a couple of significant roster moves.

Yep, you don’t offer that many sheets if your playing the long game

If Ron didn’t already know it he sure as **** knows how massive this job is now. He’s a top tier coach but hey there are plenty of others out there who are in a better position to challenge in the coming years and players will take a little hit financially to be challenging

Archived