Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

2 minutes ago, ultravin said:

in my opinion, the team should go after one of these running backs:  gurley, freeman, or gordon.  this is the first time i've ever seen good running backs enter the market with no team wanting them.  i like peterson but he's up there in age.  with the health uncertainties of guice and love, i would at least offer one of these running backs an offer.  it's not like when we went after shawn alexander on his decline, yes he was banged up in seattle, but at least with gurley and freeman, they weren't used correctly.  with any of these running backs, this would help haskins improve definitely.

That would be a disaster. Freeman is washed and the other 2 will want to get paid because they know this is their last shot at a big deal 

That’s huge hell no 

9 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

This should be pinned to the top every page. 

this is the plan. 

I went through this exercise with Danny from 106.7 earlier on twitter. It's tough math at this point mainly because OvertheCap does not have the Fuller contract on the books so its a bit of an estimation in multiple stages. Nor does it include the signing of McKissic, Thomas or the swing OT or the $6m projected cap money we need for our rookies (which escalates about 30% each year of the 4 year rookie contract). But, all that being said, our current cap IF we trade Trent factoring our recent signings + rookie pool is:

2020: $28 million

2021: $110 million

These are ballparks. Keep in mind that we will spend more this off-season and ... that Scherff, Kerrigan, Sean Davis, Logan Thomas, etc. are all OFF the books after this year due to final years of contracts (or franchise tags) and 1 year deals that were signed.

Regardless, I assume the 2020 cap number has plenty of flexibility ... Scherff can be extended, as can Kerrigan ... other higherpaid FAs could be signed to come in. But yes, 2021 and beyond sets up quite nicely. And since we haven't added any major contracts beyond Kendall Fuller, that will likely remain the case for the most part. So ... let's assume we end 2020 with $15m in cap space ... that will roll over into 2021.

Again, rough math since this is projecting salary structures that currently aren't taken into account on OvertheCap ... but it gives you an idea of what we have.

Of course other teams have the ability to do what I Just did ... but here's how the NFC East looks stacked up in 2021 if you just factor in what is on the books + an Alex Smith cut next year ...

Redskins: $110m

Giants: $60m

Cowboys: $54m (doesn't include Dak contract as he's off the books as of now for 2021)

Eaglse: $1.2m

Eagles are in trouble ...

3 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

I went through this exercise with Danny from 106.7 earlier on twitter. It's tough math at this point mainly because OvertheCap does not have the Fuller contract on the books so its a bit of an estimation in multiple stages. Nor does it include the signing of McKissic, Thomas or the swing OT or the $6m projected cap money we need for our rookies (which escalates about 30% each year of the 4 year rookie contract). But, all that being said, our current cap IF we trade Trent factoring our recent signings + rookie pool is:

2020: $28 million

2021: $110 million

These are ballparks. Keep in mind that we will spend more this off-season and ... that Scherff, Kerrigan, Sean Davis, Logan Thomas, etc. are all OFF the books after this year due to final years of contracts (or franchise tags) and 1 year deals that were signed.

Regardless, I assume the 2020 cap number has plenty of flexibility ... Scherff can be extended, as can Kerrigan ... other higherpaid FAs could be signed to come in. But yes, 2021 and beyond sets up quite nicely. And since we haven't added any major contracts beyond Kendall Fuller, that will likely remain the case for the most part. So ... let's assume we end 2020 with $15m in cap space ... that will roll over into 2021.

Again, rough math since this is projecting salary structures that currently aren't taken into account on OvertheCap ... but it gives you an idea of what we have.

Of course other teams have the ability to do what I Just did ... but here's how the NFC East looks stacked up in 2021 if you just factor in what is on the books + an Alex Smith cut next year ...

Redskins: $110m

Giants: $60m

Cowboys: $54m (doesn't include Dak contract as he's off the books as of now for 2021)

Eaglse: $1.2m

Eagles are in trouble ...

we're good with cap this year and have #2 pick in all but 2nd and 6th rd. why wait to do something next year

I don't know about you guys but I would love to grab Todd Gurley...bring him back home to Maryland.  I know he grew up a Ravens fan, but with out injury history with Guice and Love I would really consider it.

This really reminds me of Marshawn Lynch leaving Buffalo....they were dumb to let him go and he made the whole league realize that.  

11 minutes ago, ultravin said:

in my opinion, the team should go after one of these running backs:  gurley, freeman, or gordon.  this is the first time i've ever seen good running backs enter the market with no team wanting them.  i like peterson but he's up there in age.  with the health uncertainties of guice and love, i would at least offer one of these running backs an offer.  it's not like when we went after shawn alexander on his decline, yes he was banged up in seattle, but at least with gurley and freeman, they weren't used correctly.  with any of these running backs, this would help haskins improve definitely.

If we were going to go after Gurley we should have traded for him before he was released; Gordon can be argued but he probably wants too much; - Freeman - we already replaced Thompson so I'd pass.

7 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

I think only Skins fans ...

To be clear ... I was referencing the "the cupboard is bare" argument made by many Skins fans and media.  

It is not.

2 hours ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

Why would we think these new guys are any better? There’s no real reason to jump to that conclusion. Seems like they’re swapping in mediocre/trash for younger mediocre/trash 

Well, for one thing Cornelius Lucas has been in the league six years and started 16 games Geron Christian has been around two years started two games and is still widely considered not ready.  Wes Schweitzer has been enough of a consistent starter that he should at least be an upgrade from Tony Bergstrom as a swing OL and might be able to win the job.

Sean Davis has never lost a starting job with the Steelers, he just missed last year with an injury.  Thomas Davis was a starter for San Diego and for Carolina before that.  Kendall Fuller did lose his starting job it seems last year, but he did start part time and sealed the Super Bowl with an INT. 

Trying to connect dots of RR and who might fit as a vet QB on a 1 or 2 year deal.  Matt Moore who played with the Chiefs last year might be that guy.  Just guessing.  Hoping we land Breeland and Sanders. :)

4 minutes ago, Poindexter said:

I don't know about you guys but I would love to grab Todd Gurley...bring him back home to Maryland.  I know he grew up a Ravens fan, but with out injury history with Guice and Love I would really consider it.

This really reminds me of Marshawn Lynch leaving Buffalo....they were dumb to let him go and he made the whole league realize that.  

No way no how. If we wanted to bring him in trading for him before he was released would have been the smart move.

3 minutes ago, Poindexter said:

Todd Gurley isn't "THAT" Todd Gurley anymore.

Knee injury....

5 minutes ago, dswerdlw said:

Best Players Available who we could use?

WR - Anderson, Sanders, Funchess

TE - Ebron, Eifert, Walker

CB - Breeland, Worley, Carrie

The tight ends don't do anything for me. 

I would not cry over Ebron if we signed him - especially if we got him cheap.

4 minutes ago, dswerdlw said:

Best Players Available who we could use?

WR - Anderson, Sanders, Funchess

TE - Ebron, Eifert, Walker

CB - Breeland, Worley, Carrie

The tight ends don't do anything for me. 

I am all for Anderson and Ebron. Both would fill needs.

6 minutes ago, 09 said:

To be clear ... I was referencing the "the cupboard is bare" argument made by many Skins fans and media.  

It is not.

The cupboard is not bare.

Its lacking depth and substance.

The Skins first unit is okay. Payne, Allen, Ioan, Sweat Collins, Scherff, McLaurin, Way are all major building blocks. 

Martin, Holcomb, Haskins, Hentges, SDH, Moreland, Moreau, Harmon, Sims still have a ton to prove but have potential/upside

The issue is the depth. Which this FA period is where we’ve spent a lot of our resources 

8 minutes ago, KDawg said:

The cupboard is not bare.

Its lacking depth and substance.

And professional coaching.   Enter JDR.

It may be "Skins fan" -ish ... but I believe the talent is there on D for a Top 10 defense.  Primarily because of Del Rio's history.

Coupled with a boring ... middle of the road  ... limited turnover offense ...

31 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

..can we be honest?? How many of those guys are stone cold  “gotta lock him up yesterday!” players?

It’s not about yesterday it’s about next year. And while some of them aren’t locks, they’re all gonna command 5-10 per year which seems to be the standard increases. Even players like Moreau will get 6-7 per season. 

And Allen, I believe we need to decide by May whether or not to pick up his 5th year option.

Was just looking at FA left and if they are determined to sign a FA WR, one guy that seems to fit the profile of most of their signings.  Tajae Sharpe?

He's youngish.  More of a part time player and shined to a degree in that role.  Good PFF score.  Likely cheap.

https://www.bostonherald.com/2020/03/05/10-potential-patriots-free-agent-targets-titans-wr-tajae-sharpe/

The UMass product is an ascending player, who just posted career highs in receiving touchdowns (four) and yards per catch (13.2), logging 329 receiving yards this year. In 2019, he also ranked among the NFL’s 35 best wideouts who played at least 300 offensive snaps, per Pro Football Focus player grades. A significant reason behind Sharpe’s rise was his strong hands, which yielded the highest catch rate of his career. He didn’t drop a single pass all season.

Better yet, Sharpe took 21 of his 26 receptions for first downs, one of the highest rates in the league.

The former firth-round pick is also known for running refined routes. Late in the season, Sharpe slid into the slot more frequently and caught two touchdowns on a season-high six targets versus New Orleans. Versatility aside, he projects as a strong culture fit in Foxboro, following comments made by Titans coach and former Patriot Mike Vrabel last summer.

Sharpe “gets here, studies with (Titans wide receivers coach) Rob (Moore), works out, lifts, runs,” Vrabel told reporters in August. “He’s got good instincts, good awareness on the field, and I don’t think that those are things that can necessarily be taught, I think that’s a feel thing. … He’s adding some details to the route, and the quarterbacks trust him to be where he’s supposed to be and to catch it.”

Screen Shot 2020-03-19 at 7.09.40 PM.png

1 hour ago, carex said:

wow

Truly this fanbase deserves this team

Some of the people posting here tonight are anything but a fan. We have people who have never even posted here before trying to get a rise out of people. Colin Cowherd fans I'm sure. Not going to get any more warning points arguing and starting **** with trolls. Hail  (but I sure would like to...)

Archived