Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

1 minute ago, Burgold said:

Who'd trade a reasonable asset for Dunbar?

He's never completed a season healthy, has limited experience, and the only thing he has going for him is he played relatively well on a historically bad defense.

They can cut him for all I care. Ron himself said you're either in or out. Well he wants to be out but he's still in. So far all I see is a lot of talking from Ron and not a lot of actual doing. 

We want weapons for Haskins (added none)

Wanted a legit backup to push him (added none) 

Said TE is a major need (added a 5th string TE)

1 minute ago, OVCChairman said:

exactly.  We may want to trade him, but another team needs to want him before it can happen... Rumors out there that Trend has interest... i have heard exactly NOTHING about any interest in Dunbar. 

I think Dunbar saw his PFF rating and said, "Hey! I'm a top ten corner and I need to be paid like it!!!"

The rest of the league is like Quinton Dunbar who?

Mind you, he's an incredible Cinderella story and because of that I really want to root for him. Undrafted wide receiver who flips to corner, works his ass off, and develops into a decent corner who then was rewarded with a multimillion dollar contract. Now, it's possible the old regime did mumble about wanting to extend or renegotiate Dunbar, but on the other hand all Rivera knows is that he missed half a season.

4 minutes ago, tlazarchick31 said:

It's been reported by our own media Trent was asking for some ridiculous amount of AAV. North of 20mil. 

And it's also been reported no one is offering a second. 

It was also reported he was asking less from other teams and as implied by the article I posted the sticking point is the 2nd rd pick. Nothing about salary. 

1 minute ago, tlazarchick31 said:

Do you realize teams have to WANT to pay Trent some stupid amount of money. He hasn't come off his demands for salary. That's why he hasn't been traded. It's legitimately the first step. There's absolutely no point in even discussing compensation without a team willing to pay him. And right now. No one wants to. This oh trade Trent here or trade Trent there likes it's so easy. He is making it impossible 

Thanks for walking me through the TW hang up. We should just delete the TW thread with 442 pages of comments too since he’s not worth discussing until he gets traded. 😂

It’s possible and likely IMO TW comes to grips he’s screwed the pooch with his situation and understands he plays here under existing contract, or get the trade he’s seeking while either accepting a smaller deal or play under existing contract somewhere else in a prove it year. 

1 minute ago, goskins10 said:

I believe you said yourself somewhere that you need a partner. It would be reckless to just send him off for nothing. 

And sorry i find it ridiculous that you are saying something is old when it's just started. Let's let them actually have I don't know a few months before declaring them done. There is no reason to be in a hurry. Games start in September. We have done the whole winning the off-season and that does not work. 

Nothing is about "winning an off-season". It's about filling needs. Via FA, trades and the draft. Want an example. Look 45 mins north. Baltimore is always active doing what they can using all 3 phases to do so. Not just signing fringe roster players and hoping for a killer draft. You mean you cant fill ONE need via FA?  Just one?  We have the worst TEs in the league. Our OL is pretty bad.  Our secondary is pretty bad. Our only addition for a LB group changing schemes is a 37yo on his last year most likely. As it sits we arent even going to win a division game next year. The rest of them at least did something to help their team. 

Just now, Burgold said:

I think Dunbar saw his PFF rating and said, "Hey! I'm a top ten corner and I need to be paid like it!!!"

The rest of the league is like Quinton Dunbar who?

Mind you, he's an incredible Cinderella story and because of that I really want to root for him. Undrafted wide receiver who flips to corner, works his ass off, and develops into a decent corner who then was rewarded with a multimillion dollar contract. Now, it's possible the old regime did mumble about wanting to extend or renegotiate Dunbar, but on the other hand all Rivera knows is that he missed half a season.

100%  

I think he got some bad advice, most likely from his agent who understands that his value likely will not be 'higher' than it is right now.   I have been a huge fan of Dunny, because of his story..  It frustrates me beyond words what is going on, but I've over it.  

His trade value is lowest right now, because there are still options via FA and the upcoming draft.  His trade value will be highest when camp breaks and a team realizes they 'need' something.  He's inexpensive, he's talented.. but he's now a public issue, in the final year of his deal, and anyone who 'needs' a CB right now will absolutely have a shot at one in the draft.  I'll be shocked if he moves before the draft. 

7 minutes ago, dswerdlw said:

My sense is that our only hope of trading Dunbar will come after all of the decent free-agent CBs have been signed. Frankly, I hope we sign one of them (e.g. Worley, Breeland, Carrie).

Breeland still out there.  I have to wonder if Fuller hasn't spoken to RR advocating bringing Bree back on a 2 year deal?

To each their own on the Cooper narrative which I've been reading here and there in different posts.  I wasn't living and dying as to whether they got him or not.  But I give major kudos for Rivera and Kyle for chasing him hard.  I get the mindset with no equivocation from me. 

This team has plenty of good players.  But we don't really do great that often.  Not that PFF is the be all and end all but as an example we only have one dude on offense with an 80 or above score via PFF and only one on defense.  Heck we don't even have much in the 70 range.   I was showing for example Anderson and Perriman's catch %, which was in the 50s, Cooper by comparison was almost at 70%

I don't think the narrative that we heard again and again that Dak's improvement as a QB and the acquisition of Cooper came hand and hand and there is a correlation between the two is off.  Cooper is a stud route runner with really good hands.

I am big into the receivers in this draft.  But I totally get Rivera-Kyle's mindset of grabbing Cooper.  They'd then have two stud receivers while weakening a division rival all at the same time.   

Screen Shot 2020-03-19 at 12.38.52 PM.png

5 minutes ago, tlazarchick31 said:

Nothing is about "winning an off-season". It's about filling needs. Via FA, trades and the draft. Want an example. Look 45 mins north. Baltimore is always active doing what they can using all 3 phases to do so. Not just signing fringe roster players and hoping for a killer draft. You mean you cant fill ONE need via FA?  Just one?  We have the worst TEs in the league. Our OL is pretty bad.  Our secondary is pretty bad. Our only addition for a LB group changing schemes is a 37yo on his last year most likely. As it sits we arent even going to win a division game next year. The rest of them at least did something to help their team. 

So why throw a bunch of money at someone who will not really move the needle. How about continue to build through the draft and then when you are closer pay for some FAs. That team up north is better at building throguh the draft and has been for years. So they have a team worth spending on some FAs. We do not. It's a waste. Fill in depth with FAs. 

We have yet to see what better coaching can do for the talent on the roster. That is the missing piece here. No need to get impatient and blow a bunch of CAP on even 1 or 2 FAs. 

I was in the opposite camp. I didn't really want Cooper, but wouldn't have hollered if he'd been acquired. I just like the potential and the production of what we have. I want to see it develop and see where it goes. There were times as a gadget runner and slot receiver where Simms was electric. He does have to work on his hands, but if he can take another step forward and we witnessed him take five steps forward in the progress of a single season last year, he will be a really good asset. Terry is understood and close to being a star already. Harmon, a case can made for an upgrade, but there is always a place for a tough chain moving receiver with really good hands who understands spacing and how to use his body.

A lot of buzz about the Rams shopping Brandin Cooks.  He's coming off of an off year but was a stud for years before that and still relatively young.  

I wouldn't give up a pick for him though unless its low.  I am mentioning it because Keim has flat out said that trading for a Wr is on the table. 

Screen Shot 2020-03-19 at 12.53.51 PM.png

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

A lot of buzz about the Rams shopping Brandin Cooks.  He's coming off of an off year but was a stud for years before that and still relatively young.  

I wouldn't give up a pick for him though unless its low.  I am mentioning it because Keim has flat out said that trading for a Wr is on the table. 

He had 2 concussion last year.  I wouldn't want another Reed on our team. :)

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

Cooks is under contract through the 2023 season and is set to make $8 million with a cap hit of $16.8 million this season.

Brandin Cooks signed a five year, $81 million contract extension with the Rams on July 18, 2018. Cooks contract contains $50.459 million in guarantees.

26 minutes ago, MisterPinstripe said:

Cant stand the guy, just like I couldnt stand DeSean. But I loved watching DeSean catching bombs FOR us and I couldnt help but be excited by OBJs ability. Can you imagine OBJ on one side and McClaurin on the other?

That would be a devastating combo. Both guys legit warrant double teams.. Obviously OBJ more than Mclaurin, but still.. both of them together would be amazeballz. It would be up to Haskins..

13 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I am big into the receivers in this draft.  But I totally get Rivera-Kyle's mindset of grabbing Cooper.  They'd then have two stud receivers while weakening a division rival all at the same time.   

Screen Shot 2020-03-19 at 12.38.52 PM.png

Not that they shouldn’t draft a wideout, but the group is so young and unproven (aside from Mcclaurin). 

Im all the way out on Anderson and would be shocked if Rivera added him from a culture standpoint. My guess is Funchess in next few days. I’m also intrigued by Perryman, due to being an absolute sucker for speed and wanting to pair it with Haskins elite arm. Also, Perryman will most likely always have a low catch percentage due to type of routes he runs. 

Major speed at all WR spots if:
-Terry

-Perryman

-Sims 

Im all about the Chiefs model of speed and believe it makes the game much easier for the QB with a cannon. 

4 minutes ago, RWJ said:

He had 2 concussion last year.  I wouldn't want another Reed on our team. :)

Didn't realize he has 5 concussions, wow.  Yeah like I said even healthy I wouldn't have given a high pick for him so now for sure I wouldn't.   Keim seems to be hinting they are open to trading for a WR and he wouldn't rule it out.  It smells like he's heard a rumor.  If so I wonder whom?

At this point, the only players I feel sad about not getting or keeping are Hooper and Flowers. I'm on the fence about Cooper. I would have liked to sign one of the top-rated LBs, but I'm good with the two we've signed, and I'm curious to see how that situation plays out. There are some decent TEs available, but no one that would thrill me. We should sign another CB since QD is off the reservation. The only position about which I truly worry is left tackle. Some may argue that we need to trade TW before signing someone else, but we don't even have a solid swing tackle, unless anyone thinks the light will come on for Geron Christian. We've signed several players at other positions who are likely to be back-ups, and I think we've improved depth because of that. Why can't we do the same at left tackle? Sign D. Williams, D. Penn or even M. Remmers to challenge Christian. 

10 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

So why throw a bunch of money at someone who will not really move the needle. How about continue to build through the draft and then when you are closer pay for some FAs. That team up north is better at building throguh the draft and has been for years. So they have a team worth spending on some FAs. We do not. It's a waste. Fill in depth with FAs. 

We have yet to see what better coaching can do for the talent on the roster. That is the missing piece here. No need to get impatient and blow a bunch of CAP on even 1 or 2 FAs. 

Ron himself said he doesn't believe in 5 year rebuilds. The team has talent in spots sure, but it also has some pretty big holes to go along with that talent. This team will only go as far as Haskins does. Terry is great. But outside of him Haskins has zero in terms of TEs and a very big question mark at RB, a really sub par OL and young inexperienced WRs. Banking you hitting on the perfect storm of Guice staying healthy, Love coming back healthy, AP not falling off a cliff, both your young WRs step up, your project TEs becoming good and your patch work holding together is a really bad plan. 

2 minutes ago, Burgold said:

I was in the opposite camp. I didn't really want Cooper, but wouldn't have hollered if he'd been acquired. I just like the potential and the production of what we have. I want to see it develop and see where it goes. There were times as a gadget runner and slot receiver where Simms was electric. He does have to work on his hands, but if he can take another step forward and we witnessed him take five steps forward in the progress of a single season last year, he will be a really good asset. Terry is understood and close to being a star already. Harmon, a case can made for an upgrade, but there is always a place for a tough chain moving receiver with really good hands who understands spacing and how to use his body.

This is kind of my position as well. I don't think we needed to be spending $20M.a tear on a WR.

We were the first team since 1970 to start a rookie QB and 3 rookie WR's together last year.  And all the receivers showed they can play in the NFL. Terry is obviously a stud - all that going to stop him becoming a star is staying clear of injury. Harmon and Simms showed real promise. Simms needs to work on tracking the deep ball but he showed a nose for the end zone and I thought Harmon did really well late in the season as a possession type receiver - he has really strong hands for a start.

But Harmon is probably a #4 WR on a good group - Terry is a #1. Simms will be the slot. I think we need to add a good #2 (Anderson or a cheaper option like say Funchess) and then we are good to go. It's a very deep WR draft class as well to add depth and competition.

TE and LT are the spots on offense I am worried about (I am assuming Trent is gone). And CB on defense (especially if Dunbar wants out). Still work to do in those areas in free agency IMO.

28 minutes ago, tlazarchick31 said:

They can cut him for all I care. Ron himself said you're either in or out. Well he wants to be out but he's still in. So far all I see is a lot of talking from Ron and not a lot of actual doing. 

We want weapons for Haskins (added none)

Wanted a legit backup to push him (added none) 

Said TE is a major need (added a 5th string TE)

Aoy-l2XaCWT-UbxnCCSiqWXgOnc=.gif

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Didn't realize he has 5 concussions, wow.  Yeah like I said even healthy I wouldn't have given a high pick for him so now for sure I wouldn't.   Keim seems to be hinting they are open to trading for a WR and he wouldn't rule it out.  It smells like he's heard a rumor.  If so I wonder whom?

I don't see a tweet from him about this.  Can you post it.  I trust you and what your saying just want to see the tweet and what the wording was.  :)

Just now, RWJ said:

I don't see a tweet from him about this.  Can you post it.  I trust you and what your saying just want to see the tweet and what the wording was.  :)

Nevermind, I found it.  Sorry.

Archived