Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

Good to know that if our mediocre tight end who disappears gets hurt, we have another mediocre tight end who disappears waiting in the wings.

But seriously, I personally like LT from his v tech days, and feel there is still room for growth as the position is still relatively new to him.  As long as he shows a willingness to block, which it seems he does, I'd prefer him over ebron (decent receiver, not a blocker, other red flags).

Just now, KillBill26 said:

Good to know but if our mediocre tight end who disappears gets hurt, we have another mediocre tight end who disappears waiting in the wings.

But seriously, I personally like LT from his v tech days, and feel there is still room for growth as the position is still relatively new to him.  As long as he shows a willingness to block, which it seems he does, I'd prefer him over ebron (decent receiver, not a blocker, other red flags).

And he can run some trick plays. He does have QB experience. Also allows you to dress another position on gameday with him as emergency QB

5 minutes ago, Lovi said:

I'm ok with Winston as long as he understands he's here to be a backup.  Winston doesn't strike me as a mature hard working vet though and I think Haskins needs that around him.

Well the word is they COULD pursue him.  Maybe someone else will be signed.  These reporters are playing guessing games to some extent trying to connect the dots.

Just now, HigSkin said:

Think I'd rather sign a guy like Brent Hundley

Winston is by far the best FA QB available. I’m torn on this , like Haskin and believe he will be a great player but, Winston is a better player TODAY.

How about we sign Clownley and Winston. Trade our 1st for a haul of picks. Draft a starting tackle and guard . Fill in rest of roster with young players from this draft and next.

Haskin sits and learns, maybe a valuable asset in later years.

Just now, RWJ said:

Well the word is they COULD pursue him.  Maybe someone else will be signed.  These reporters are playing guessing games to some extent trying to connect the dots.

I hope not... Jameis is an interesting buy-low player for a number of teams, but we aint one of them. He is way too similar to Haskins and worry that keeps Haskins from maturing faster.

Both need to learn how to take care of the ball, work harder/smarter in the film room, and take what the defense gives you. Both also appear to be a bit thin skinned.

I think Hundley or Moore would be MUCH better choices.

Not sure why Miami or LAC arent 1st on the list with him

Winston is interesting, but I'd imagine we'd want to go a place he think he might be able to start. Depends on which teams show interest and I suppose the Redskins may offer the "best" option as Haskins is unproven. If interested, New England or Jacksonville would seem to be better options.

Could Logan be our poor man's version in our O at times like Saint's Taysom Hill?  Just wondering.  He was a QB like Taysom and he ran a 4.61 at the combine and has a good arm and is a good runner.  A swiss army knife to some degree.  

Huh, not much in compensation, obviously there will be a big $$$ deal attached to it. It does show that we may be expecting too much in return for Trent, but  still think the Skins need to stick to a 2nd in return...

On FA, not much else out there, maybe Breeland??

27 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Think I'd rather sign a guy like Brent Hundley

Huh?

Jameis is by far the best QB on the market.  He's still young and was a worthy #1 overall pick.  If he came here, I think he'd win the job.  

5 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

Huh?

Jameis is by far the best QB on the market.  He's still young and was a worthy #1 overall pick.  If he came here, I think he'd win the job.  

No.... just, no.... In his FIFTH season as a starter he threw thirty freakin' interceptions... the ship has sailed, he will never be a quality NFL starting QB again.... and I'm doubting he even gets the chance.... praying that our FO doesn't fall for his schtick and bring him in, can't think of a worse QB to have in the room with Haskins...

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

Depends on perspective. 

The current situation says that the Skins are right now upgrading depth and non schematic fits with guys who fit.

Which is important for a new regime.

This season's roster isn't going to be improved by star power and glamour.

It will be improved by improved coaching, players who fit scheme and draft choices. And addition by subtraction (Bruce Allen is the major candidate here).

This team could still struggle. A lot of that is going to depend on the strides Haskins and the offense make. 

This year is the base for the Rivera contingent. You can't correct everything at once, but you can set your base for building. 

We need to understand that and be patient. Having said that, we also should all have expectations for improvement in some shape or form. 

Upgrading depth is debatable. Adding depth, ok, but I don't view the guys they signed off the scrap heap as upgrades.

Maybe they are a fit schematically, that remains to be seen. I get that the staff thinks they are.

I am in wait and see mode, and I don't expect the team to go 12-4 just because Rivera is here in one offseason.

I do however expect improvement, and don't see how that will be accomplished by the guys they've added. I agree coaching will be a big thing and that is probably where the most improvement will come from, but you still need NFL quality bodies/starters at multiple positions. If you want to go bpa in the draft, wouldn't it make sense to try and fill holes with guys who can start on decent contracts, not bargain basement guys who could not eke out starting gigs elsewhere?

I'm not saying they need to sign the biggest high dollar names, but they do need to address positions with more than hopes and dreams that some $3 million guy is going to be the answer.

We have no choice but to wait and see how things play out, but I'm concerned so far by the lack of starting quality depth obtained, as well as the lack of movement on the personnel front (trent, dunbar shipped out, Kerrigan restructure, etc.)

5 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

Huh?

Lol... Jamies just threw 30 INTs and there is plenty of video around showing between 15-20 more that were dropped by the defense.

Look at Arians track record. Big Ben, Luck, saved Carson Palmers career, made Drew Stanton a playable QB...

Jameis has a lot of the same issues Haskins has, so I think the pairing could be terrible.

Whether Miami or LAC, whoever gets Tua should sign Jameis for a nice one year prove it deal. Let Tua sit and let Jameis try to rebuild his value.

2 minutes ago, pcbothwel said:

Lol... Jamies just threw 30 INTs and there is plenty of video around showing between 15-20 more that were dropped by the defense.

Look at Arians track record. Big Ben, Luck, saved Carson Palmers career, made Drew Stanton a playable QB...

Jameis has a lot of the same issues Haskins has, so I think the pairing could be terrible.

Whether Miami or LAC, whoever gets Tua should sign Jameis for a nice one year prove it deal. Let Tua sit and let Jameis try to rebuild his value.

That would be a smart move for both the team and Jameis.

What if the Skins draft Tua?

Archived