Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

1 minute ago, MartinC said:

My comment was in reference to you commenting on overall defensive stats and asking what that told us about a specific player within that defense.

My answer remains zero.

Fair enough. It may not. My opinion, and solely my own, bad defensive teams tend to remove the weakest links if there's an opportunity - similar to how we treated Josh Norman. Could he have been a scapegoat for the injuries? Perhaps. 

1 hour ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

Kyle Smith gave an interview and said the #1 priority of FA was filling out the roster and eliminating needs so you can go pure BPA in the draft.

Most underrated and overlooked post I've read today.

I'm not passing judgement on whether or not the strategy is sound. I am giving them kudos for having the discipline and confidence to adhere to a plan when it woulds have been so easy to overpay on splashy moves that would give the fan base a sugar rush but do little to help the team in the long run.

We took our shot at Cooper and when we lost him we've been prudent in our actions afterward. 

1 hour ago, pcbothwel said:

This.

I LOVE this gamble. Loves football, speaks 3 languages, and is a SPECIMEN... Seems like a strong upside play...

BTW... In 2016, here is a comparison between him and Jalen Ramsey's SPARQ ratings (Ramsey was ranked 2nd, and Davis 4th):

Ramsey

Ht: 6'1

Wt: 209

SPARQ: 142.8

40: 4.41

3Cone: 6.94

Bench: 14

Vert: 41.5

Broad: 11.25

Davis

Ht: 6'1

Wt: 201

SPARQ: 134.6

40: 4.46

3Cone: 6.64

Bench: 21

Vert: 37.5

Broad: 10.5

Freak athletes with great coaching in a scheme that simplifies the player’s responsibilities always will have a chance. 

Yes please. May the best player win between Nicholson and Davis. Competition!!! 

1 hour ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Davis has never done anything approaching the season Fuller had here before we dealt him to KC. That was Fuller's peak so far in the NFL and Davis hasn't been effective like that.

I'm not really concerned with how he was used or misused in KC, because we know what he did here only two short years ago and he's healthy and in his prime still at 25. A pretty safe investment.  

Fuller got big time money and long term stability. Davis’ contract has 10% of the value of Fullers. Not really comparable signings.

1 minute ago, SumTingWong said:

Most underrated and overlooked post I've read today.

I'm not passing judgement on whether or not the strategy is sound. I am giving them kudos for having the discipline and confidence to adhere to a plan when it woulds have been so easy to overpay on splashy moves that would give the fan base a sugar rush but do little to help the team in the long run.

We took our shot at Cooper and when we lost him we've been prudent in our actions afterward. 

It seems all the signings that have taken place would’ve been no problem to make happen with a huge Cooper deal. Meaning, it appears these were targets either way. 

4 minutes ago, wit33 said:

Fuller got big time money and long term stability. Davis’ contract has 10% of the value of Fullers. Not really comparable signings.

I didn't compare them, the person I responded to did, and you quoted my response detailing why they aren't comparable in quality. So...you're really agreeing with me.

People responding to posts directed at someone else, without reading the context they were posted in (or even just the previous post they were responding to) has become a real problem here lately. 

4 hours ago, Romberjo said:

For those fretting about our modest free agency moves so far, here's the rose-colored perspective:

We're not a very attractive FA destination this year (particularly on offense), whether Haskins-related or otherwise, so aren't very likely to get people we want, or at a good price. So it makes sense to focus on good FA deals this year, not overpay, and save cap space for next year when a) we're more likely to be an appealing destination (given regression to the mean we are very likely to have a better record, and either Haskins will be more promising or, if we're terrible again and he tanks, we'll be in position to draft a top qb), and b) Rivera will have a better sense of the roster so he can make more informed decisions about what we need.

(Of course, we need at least JAG for TE and FS and maybe LT, even for this year. But no cause for panic, or even concern.)

Can we just put a hold on why FAs aren’t coming to DC because of Haskins and our record and whatever else. Look at the Dolphins who have signed a lot of players. Sure they have nice weather but they don’t even have a QB right now and when was the last time they were relevant. 

Maybe we just haven’t been targeting some of these high priced guys. 

3 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I didn't compare them, the person I responded to did, and you quoted my response detailing why they aren't comparable in quality. So...you're really agreeing with me.

People responding to posts directed at someone else, without reading the context they were posted in (or even just the previous post they were responding to) has become a real problem here lately. 

I should’ve been more detailed in my response. The quality and type of contract are linked is my point. Does that make more sense? 

14 minutes ago, wit33 said:

It seems all the signings that have taken place would’ve been no problem to make happen with a huge Cooper deal. Meaning, it appears these were targets either way. 

Precisely. They identified one player they were willing to spend big money for and when that fell through they simply kept pushing forward with the rest of their plan. We were never likely to be a team that was going to change dramatically through free agency.

We're taking the slower, less flashy, and ultimately more likely to succeed approach to team building. 

4 hours ago, KDawg said:

I'm not saying Kyler was good. I'm saying he was light years better than Haskins. You keep getting that confused.

I'm willing to bet if Haskins was named the starter immediately (which we SHOULDVE done, but our HC was focused on keeping his job) like Kyler was, Haskins wouldve had a better season than Kyler. 

4 minutes ago, LetMeSeeYourWarFace21 said:

I'm willing to bet if Haskins was named the starter immediately (which we SHOULDVE done, but our HC was focused on keeping his job) like Kyler was, Haskins wouldve had a better season than Kyler. 

No.  Because Kyler Murray is a much better QB.

4 minutes ago, LetMeSeeYourWarFace21 said:

Whether that’s true or not (we have no idea and can never know) it’s not what happened.

I understand people are defensive of Haskins. He’s some of your last bastion of hope to hang on to. But pointing out things like, “Murray was better than Haskins” doesn’t mean “Screw Dwayne Haskins! He can never develop!” It means that last year, for a variety of reasons, Murray was better than Haskins (in my opinion)

Archived