Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

4 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I wonder what the plan is for Anderson. He really started coming on last season. Maybe trade bait?

I fear Anderson might be a man without a position. I don't know if he can pull off linebacker for us because of speed and coverage, but that he's not big enough to transition to the line. I think Kdawg said he might be okay as a outside linebacker who specializes in rush contain and edge rushing. I worry that he's a tweener who won't b strong enough in any area to really emerge.

1 hour ago, Unbias said:

I look at it a bit differently. This is a massive FU to the Cowboys. He is their all time receptions leader and was brought back largely because of his leadership. By all accounts he had a very frustrating season and for him to choose another team over the booth means something. 

Nope.  He said a few weeks ago that he wanted to continue playing, and that he wished he would be able to stay in Dallas, but that it was not up to him.  Him continuing to want to play football is in no way a "massive FU to the Cowboys ".  That is such a bizarre take.  He simply lost his job, and someone else hired him.

Some coaches can't have enough at certain positions. Looks like this team loves LBs. But to that, LBs are normally your special team guys anyway. This team is definitely gaining good depth on defense. If you look at years past, we've suffered at that position since Fletcher left IMO. Not to mention that position struggled when the starters went out (although it wasn't great when the starters was in). Ron spoke highly of only one existing LB (Holman) although they just resigned Bostic. Now with that said, it'll be interesting to see who starts now that they've signed Thomas and Pierre-Louis. I also think Anderson could be a dog in this defense. We'll see.

Have always loved Malcom Jenkins both with the Saints and Eagles. Man, if they could get the money right for Jenkins the defense would be stacked with an amazing mix of younger and tenured players who all seem to have great football character and most important, talent. 

17 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Tre Boston back to Carolina

That one hurts.  We couldn't do $6mm APY?  Really?  I guess they want their FS to be versatile and able to play in the box... but I thought Boston would compliment Collins perfectly.

Ugh. I really wanted Tre Boston. Should have been one of our first signings. I wonder how big the contract is. I thought he was going to be a steal. 

Also, I thought we were going to really improve the offense, but we've gotten worse, not better. Lost Flowers and haven't added any skill position players. It's still early, but I hope that we still make some solid additions, whether it's through the draft or FA. 

I think a lot of people are assuming we didn’t go after some of these guys because they landed elsewhere. 

We may have. We may have even offered competitive/better money but they chose elsewhere to play. 

Soon, hopefully, DC will be a destination. But just because a guy signed elsewhere doesn’t mean the Skins didn’t go after them.

Archived