Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yep Jenkins is known for his versatility especially in nickel packages. 

Great, I'd love that signing.  A leader, is durable, still has got a few good years left at 32 years old, and won't be part of the comp pick formula.

https://www.nola.com/sports/saints/article_aa62ca1e-e862-5bae-9f10-7ef105608540.html

Philadelphia Eagles safety Malcolm Jenkins is 10 seasons into an NFL career that began with the Saints. After five seasons, the Saints let him leave as a free agent. In the five seasons since then, he’s been with the Eagles as an anchor to their secondary.

Letting him leave “probably as big a mistake as we’ve made here in 13 years,” Saints coach Sean Payton said when the teams met in November for a Week 11 game the Saints won 48-7. He repeated that statement to Philadelphia media during the week.

Then Friday, he said “he’s definitely a guy that you see on tape, and you see his leadership jumps off the film. He’s just a real good football player, a guy that in hindsight we shouldn’t have let out of the building.”

Of the Saints players still in the building, seven of them were around during the time Jenkins played.

“Sean has described him as the Swiss Army Knife,” Drew Brees said. “I think that’s a good description. Just a guy that can do everything. We drafted him in the first round as a corner so he played corner here for the first two years and then ended up gravitating to free safety. His versatility, his ability to come down and cover a slot receiver, to cover a tight end, to cover a running back, to pressure. But more importantly he’s just a smart, tough football player.”

...Some of that turnaround can be traced to Jenkins, Eagles coach Doug Pederson said.

“When things looked a little bleak for us earlier in the season, (Jenkins) just really stood up and held himself, plus others, accountable,” Pederson said. “That is what you need from your top guys, and he has been that way for us.”

To the Saints players who know him, those types of actions sound familiar.

“He was the voice of the defense when he was here,” said Saints left tackle Terron Armstead, whose time with the Saints overlapped Jenkins by one season.

“They ask him to do a lot of things in Philly,” Armstead said. “He makes plays. He gets it done. He’s a key part of their defense.”

Saints punter Thomas Morstead remembered the approach Jenkins brought to special teams when both arrived as rookies for that Super Bowl season. The Saints selected Jenkins at No. 14 overall out of Ohio State and Morstead in the fifth round out of SMU.

“Great leaders don’t wait for someone else to step aside before you become a leader,” Morstead said. “He always led by example. He’s an alpha dog. He’s respected by all. I think he help people accountable. He cared about winning. He wasn’t afraid to get after people if they weren’t up to the standard that people expected. He was a great leader for us.”

31 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I could be wrong but I feel something big-ish coming.  Maybe it never will.  But I feel like we might get 2-3 dominoes to fall all at once.  And Trent being traded would be in the middle of it.  

Well the mysterious pictures on the wall post from many weeks ago did have Melvin Gordon and Robby Anderson on. I dare say that wouldn’t make too many happy.:ols:

oh, or Cam Newton. 

plenty of strong DB options still. Still no restructure for Kerrigan. Who’s gonna plough into Clowney.......

35 minutes ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

So now we've got SDH, Holcomb, and Reuben Foster on their current deals. 

I don't know if we can count on Foster. Last I heard he was just beginning to get sensation back in his lower leg. That's got to effect his ability to move around but he's young and in time he may recover. It just might have to be with another team unfortunately.

35 minutes ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

Plus Pierre-Louis and Bostic on new deals.

Seems like we've now got LB depth.  It's no longer a "Need" position in the draft like some others are like OT and WR where we have no depth, and TE where we don't have much period.

12 minutes ago, SumTingWong said:

If by well respected negotiator, you mean he was was excessively frugal and paradoxically wasteful in the players he signed as well as generally unimaginative, non-strategic, jealous, obsequious (around "Dan"), pompous (around "underlings") and most fatally of all completely resistant to considering any idea outside the confines of that dark sinister empty abyss that substituted for the complete lack of fundamental decency that's found in most human beings then yes,  I would most certainly agree that Bruce Allen was a well respected negotiator.

Oh trust me..... I am by no means giving BA props. But him being an agent could have given him some insight into how agents maneuver. Plus Kyle has been on the college side and probably has never had to negotiate with agents. All I'm saying. BA is a bum fo sho!

8 minutes ago, joeken24 said:

Oh trust me..... I am by no means giving BA props. But him being an agent could have given him some insight into how agents maneuver. Plus Kyle has been on the college side and probably has never had to negotiate with agents. All I'm saying. BA is a bum fo sho!

Cool. We can definitely agree on your last sentence! 

5 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

I'd really like to see us take a flier on Deone Bucannon.

Doesn't he have a very similar skill set to LC and JHC, SS/LB hybrid type?

5 minutes ago, skinsmania123 said:

well or setting up one the best AFC - NFC showdowns between Tom and Bill.  Bill sure as hell did not want him anymore,

Man, pats vs bucs super bowl would be awesome (if skins aren't in it I mean). Goodell is probably already salivating.  

41 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

Plus a lot of of positive things coming from a variety of sources.  I love it! 

Vinny would have signed him for 4 years, $8 mil per. Bruce would have lost him to another team after not budging off his 2 years, 1.6 mil total contract offer.  

Dude has 1 more career sack than I do...but look at the rest of the machinery.

Just now, Sknsnation said:
Former Chargers' QB Philip Rivers and the Colts reached agreement on a 1-year deal, per source.

Ding.....thats one. We know the GOAT is going somewhere quick. That leaves three more fairly big name QBs (Cam, Dalton and Winston). I think Winston goes somewhere as a backup. Rumors about Dalton to the Patriots is just that IMO....rumor. Man what if Burrows pulls a Eli Manning and the Patriots (who have enough draft capital) moves up and gets Burrows. But who knows...maybe Stidham is the answer at QB for the Patriots. But this year's draft seems to be pointing towards one the more unpredictable drafts in a while (which is why I'm all over the place with this post. lol).

Archived