Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

All of this is fine except Mitch sucks.

Wherever it is, I hope they have good crab legs.  We know he loves crab legs.  

Who and nobody seems to have confirmed this yet.

Ian Rapoport and Finley already did

3 minutes ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

So now we've got SDH, Holcomb, and Reuben Foster on their current deals.  Plus Pierre-Louis and Bostic on new deals.

Seems like we've now got LB depth.  It's no longer a "Need" position in the draft like some others are like OT and WR where we have no depth, and TE where we don't have much period.

That’s all it is. Depth. These aren’t the guys who should be starting.

2 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Just how many linebackers are we keeping on this team lol. Makes me think the FO doesn't like any of them and hopes they can throw bargain bin picks at the wall and have one of them stick.

I think if anything we needed another desperately.  Foster might not be ready.  So that leaves Hamilton, Bostic, Holcomb with Harvey-Clemons being the backup for all three spots. 

37 minutes ago, SumTingWong said:

I know I'm literally a minority of one here but I've always felt that the best utilization of Trent as an asset for the team is not acquiring a deflated draft pick (as his value really couldn't be lower) but having him humbled and motivated to play for the Skins.

The fact that apparently no one has agreed to his contract demands has to have a humbling effect on him (or so I would think). It may even motivate him to prove his value by playing hard for us and becoming a free agent next year-- just when the salary keep is expected to explode with a brand new tv/streaming deal. 

All that's needed is for him to cool down and have a mutually face saving true come to Jesus sit down with RR over beer and ribs (for more than the 5 minutes they've spent together so far).

Hopefully they can both feel each other out and come to a non-emotional decision about what's in the best interest of all involved. Maybe Rivera guarantees a token portion of his salary next year or offers some other olive branch.

This doesn't have to be the end of Trent as a Redskin. Who knows, perhaps a season of RiveraSkins may have a rejuvenated Trent wanting to end his career here.

I'm ready to turn the page.  I think it is best for everyone.  I hope they don't extend him.  If he wants to come back and work hard for 2020 to prove to teams he is still elite, fine.  But let him walk after that.  Even better, if we can get a 2nd or comparable value with multiple later picks, I hope we cash out and move on.  With a new regime building a new culture, I think it would be healthy for the team's culture to not have the "what's going on with Trent" cloud hanging over the team.  

3 minutes ago, joeken24 said:

I trust Ron and Del Rio's judgement on LBs. Signing is cool with me.

Plus a lot of of positive things coming from a variety of sources.  I love it! 

Vinny would have signed him for 4 years, $8 mil per. Bruce would have lost him to another team after not budging off his 2 years, 1.6 mil total contract offer.  

Another thought. I believe the focus for the Redskins is on the defensive side of the ball. With that, a lot of the significant movement so far has been on the other side. Ron and Kyle did say they were looking for tough, hungry players. Not to say that the defensive guys that have been moving so far aren't hungry. But I think some of them are hungry more for that bag. You hate to see a guy get paid and start dancing with the stars and jumping bulls. But it happens. We'll see.

List of FA

QUARTERBACK

Dak Prescott (26) -- Franchise-Tagged

Drew Brees (41)

Tom Brady (42)

Ryan Tannehill (31) -- Re-signed four-year deal with TEN

Philip Rivers (38)

Jameis Winston (26)

Case Keenum (32) -- Signed three-year deal with CLE

Teddy Bridgewater (27)

Marcus Mariota (26) — Signed undisclosed deal with LV

Josh McCown (40)