Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

2 minutes ago, redskinss said:

I think the nfl should fix two big holes in their desire to maintain competitive balance with a salary cap.

First, they should find a way to give relief to teams that sign players to huge contracts and that player suffers what is most likely a career ending injury, obviously Alex Smith being the prime example. 

You shouldn't be so badly punished for something that is out of your control.

Second, they need to increase the cap for teams that play in a state with an income tax.

It's not equal if you're starting your negotiating at a 6 percent disadvantage. 

Not that I wanted the skins to give cooper a massive deal but we shouldn't have to offer 106 million to match there 100 million dollar offer.

The first should be easily done and I agree should happen.  The second is much more tricky and I think it's just one of those things that stink.  Get better and we will be getting discounts

8 minutes ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

Really happy the Cowboys decided to keep their offensive stars over their defensive ones.  Byron Jones and Robert Quinn being gone will hurt that defense.

They have nothing besides DLAW. Vanderesch is hurt and there's rumblings it's really serious/career threatening. They lost their best corner and Sean Lee is 87 years old.

and the best part of all is: THEY HAVE MIKE NOLAN AS THEIR DC LOL!!!!
They got their own version of Barry/Manusky. I read on their boards they think they're going to have an "attacking defense" with Mr. Vanilla ice cream at the helm.. The guy who's had bottom rated defenses in every stop of his DC career, Miami, Washington, Baltimore and Atlanta..

To be fair he's had some decent years, but overall the guy is an awful DC with an awful track record.

Him coupled with their defensive defections will bring a smile to our faces this season.. book it :)

1 minute ago, RWJ said:

SIP, I can't cut/paste on this site.  Never have been able to [snip]

If highlighting text and right clicking doesn't bring up a context menu you might still be able to cut and paste text using basic keyboard commands.

Have you tried highlighting the text then pressing/holding the following key combos:

ctrl-c (to copy text)

ctrl-x (to cut text)

ctrl-v (to paste text) 

5 minutes ago, crabbypatty said:

They have nothing besides DLAW. Vanderesch is hurt and there's rumblings it's really serious/career threatening. They lost their best corner and Sean Lee is 87 years old.

and the best part of all is: THEY HAVE MIKE NOLAN AS THEIR DC LOL!!!!
They got their own version of Barry/Manusky. I read on their boards they think they're going to have an "attacking defense" with Mr. Vanilla ice cream at the helm.. The guy who's had bottom rated defenses in every stop of his DC career, Miami, Washington, Baltimore and Atlanta..

To be fair he's had some decent years, but overall the guy is an awful DC with an awful track record.

Him coupled with their defensive defections will bring a smile to our faces this season.. book it :)

You seem to forget they also have the best middle linebacker in the game.

Beggars can't be choosers, how about Mcdonald at TE?  He was good in 2018 but meh in 2019.  

https://www.pff.com/news/pro-te-vance-mcdonald-in-line-for-a-productive-2019-season

Vance-McDonald-1024x717.png

PFF recently ranked McDonald as the eighth-best tight end heading into 2019. His field positioning directly correlates with his offensive effectiveness, as he nearly saw career highs in snaps played out wide (43) and in the slot (104), and his total snaps played from the backfield (8) was lower than any of his previous seasons with San Francisco. This snap distribution hugely demonstrates Pittsburgh’s affinity to utilize the veteran primarily as a pass-catcher as opposed to a blocking tight end.

Perhaps McDonald’s best attribute in 2018 was his increased offensive efficiency. His ability to make people miss was among the best at his position in a season in which he forced 14 missed tackles — second at his position — but his 49 receptions also ranked 12th. His effectiveness makes him a prime candidate to lead the tight end position in missed tackles forced this season.

Just now, SumTingWong said:

If highlighting text and right clicking doesn't bring up a context menu you might still be able to cut and paste text using basic keyboard commands.

Have you tried highlighting the text then pressing/holding the following key combos:

ctrl-c (to copy text)

ctrl-x (to cut text)

ctrl-v (to paste text) 

Bro, I've tried everything.  I can cut/paste on other sites just fine doing what you say but not ES.  Must have something to do with possibly my keyboard or something????

10 minutes ago, RWJ said:

SIP, I can't cut/paste on this site.  Never have been able to but look up Fred Smoot's twitter ID.  He is asking fans to call in and give their opinion on what they would think if Brady were to come in a tutor Haskins for a couple years.  I'm thinking there may be something to this.  Hmmmm.

That does not make sense.  If Brady came in, you trade Haskins.  Immediately.

14 minutes ago, RWJ said:

SIP, I can't cut/paste on this site.  Never have been able to but look up Fred Smoot's twitter ID.  He is asking fans to call in and give their opinion on what they would think if Brady were to come in a tutor Haskins for a couple years.  I'm thinking there may be something to this.  Hmmmm.

Yep, I posted that article on the Trent thread.

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Beggars can't be choosers, how about Mcdonald at TE?  He was good in 2018 but meh in 2019.  

https://www.pff.com/news/pro-te-vance-mcdonald-in-line-for-a-productive-2019-season

Vance-McDonald-1024x717.png

PFF recently ranked McDonald as the eighth-best tight end heading into 2019. His field positioning directly correlates with his offensive effectiveness, as he nearly saw career highs in snaps played out wide (43) and in the slot (104), and his total snaps played from the backfield (8) was lower than any of his previous seasons with San Francisco. This snap distribution hugely demonstrates Pittsburgh’s affinity to utilize the veteran primarily as a pass-catcher as opposed to a blocking tight end.

Perhaps McDonald’s best attribute in 2018 was his increased offensive efficiency. His ability to make people miss was among the best at his position in a season in which he forced 14 missed tackles — second at his position — but his 49 receptions also ranked 12th. His effectiveness makes him a prime candidate to lead the tight end position in missed tackles forced this season.

I love McDonald....he's fun to watch and is a bull with the ball after the catch. 

3 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

You seem to forget they also have the best middle linebacker in the game.

Which one would that be? the 87 year old one or the one with the neck injury that cost him half a season and is rumored to be more serious than originally thought?

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Agree on all counts... we are beggars at this point.  McDonald was good in 2018 and Meh in 2019.

At the right price I would be very interested... 

5 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Neither. Jaylon Smith.

yeah.. not buying that. He had a good season, but he is not the best ILB in the NFL. Hell he's not even the best ILB on his own team.

*unless that was sarcasm.. in which case it flew right over my head lol*

I think Trent is headed to the Chargers once Tom signs there.  Bosa, Brady, Derwin James, Trent Williams, Ekler, Keenan, Hunter Henry, and on and on and on.  

If the Chargers can add Brady and Trent Williams then I would say would be my favorites to make a Super Bowl run.

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Would be a huge fan if we could make this happen. I like him better than any other FA TE and should be at a discount because he had xfl Caliber qbs last year. 

Everything is ****ed up IMO. With all the QBs available on the FA market, I wonder if the Bengals will seek to grab one over picking first in the draft. Brady leaving is unbelievable. So now you've got Brady, Rivers, Cam, Dalton and Winston sitting out there with no job. They are obviously not going to play in a backup role. With them all on the street, the Bengals could make a reasonable offer to Brady, Cam, Rivers or Winston and pick the QB of the future in next year's draft where there's suppose to be better prospects.

Just now, joeken24 said:

Everything is ****ed up IMO. With all the QBs available on the FA market, I wonder if the Bengals will seek to grab one over picking first in the draft. Brady leaving is unbelievable. So now you've got Brady, Rivers, Cam, Dalton and Winston sitting out there with no job. They are obviously not going to play in a backup role. With them all on the street, the Bengals could make a reasonable offer to Brady, Cam, Rivers or Winston and pick the QB of the future in next year's draft where there's suppose to be better prospects.

Thats fine. If they pick Young we pick Burrow. I am not passing on him there. I dont want anything to do with Tua and his injury history. But if Burrow is there I am picking him.

Archived