Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Flowers plucked, Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, S Sean Davis, RB McKissic, TE Logan Thomas OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), TE Rodgers, RB P. Barber, LB Davis, OL Vujnovich, Darb

14 minutes ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

If Cam comes here there's no "competition". He's the starting QB....for better or worse.

Maybe, but I don't think so. But if that were the case we could do a lot worse...Isn't Cam a former league MVP in RR's system? My concern would be what happens if he gets beaten out and is the backup? I don't know that he could handle that...

Getting Cam could be like the McNabb situation all over again minus having Andy Reid here. Not sure how it would go but we'd have to trust RR.

Just now, Stormy said:

Seriously! The honeymoon period will end with Ron sooner than it began if he brings In Newton. Newton’s health issues, recent lack of productivity and attitude problems aside, it would demonstrate a downright unhealthy addiction to all things Panthers. 

Not true.  Cam is still a Panther.

Just now, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

He has little trade value if they sign Teddy B.

Newton and Haskins, I’d be good with that. Get him in. I could Haskins getting along with him just fine....

Exactly... folks, Look at what Hopkins just got dealt for compared to Diggs. A lot of that is because Hopkins wants a new contract.

I dont see anyone giving more than a 4th...MAYBE a 3rd for Newton, but I really doubt it.

41 minutes ago, LLandryistheshiz said:

We can of course literally afford him, what I’m saying is, from an asset allocation standpoint, you are putting yourself incredibly behind the 8 ball. 

22 on cooper fills WR hole. 21 on Cam and you still have that hole, and a QB who will want a new deal and evidence that you’re building around him. 

makes more sense to build around a cheap QB, or pay someone next year when you can get Alex off the books much cleaner. 

I agree. The thing we don't know is how much RR likes DH as opposed to how much he trusts Cam. Lots of questions there. I honestly think I would feel better about our QB situation if we had Cam than if we didn't. 

• Sad 1
Just now, kingdaddy said:

Maybe, but I don't think so. But if that were the case we could do a lot worse...Isn't Cam a former league MVP in RR's system? My concern would be what happens if he gets beaten out and is the backup? I don't know that he could handle that...

Getting Cam could be like the McNabb situation all over again minus having Andy Reid here. Not sure how it would go but we'd have to trust RR.

"Former MVP" is key.

That was several injuries ago.

I'll say this: If you trade for Cam you better trade Dwayne also. 🤔

• Sad 1

Can't believe the Raiders were able to sign Littleton for only $12mm APY.  Rivera and JDR must have more faith in our LB corps than I thought, or they think there's a lot of LB talent  they can find in this draft.

1 minute ago, kingdaddy said:

I agree. The thing we don't know is how much RR likes DH as opposed to how much he trusts Cam. Lots of questions there. I honestly think I would feel better about our QB situation if we had Cam than if we didn't. 

I think a lot of folks would feel good having Cam as QB in a Vacuum. But that isn’t a realistic path to winning, given the scenario with our current QB investment and draft pick situation. 

4 hours ago, carex said:

I don't think Ionaddis is beating out Allen

production wise he already has, maybe because is was a 1st rd pick and matt was a 5/6 ,has blurred your vison, you're not alone ,many get cought up in that

This is on a plate for the Redskins to Redskin

I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised to see Cam traded here but I hope it doesn’t happen!

Interesting thing for me is they’ve moved so quickly on Bridgewater they’ve taken away a lot of their leverage in a trade for Cam I reckon somebody like Chicago could get themselves a steal

I feel like we're in wacky land with FA this year, just by how nuts the rest of the league has been wrt FA.

Cam getting dumped for Bridgewater, Brady a FA, Rivers out of SD, Hopkins trade, etc etc.

Meanwhile, we're still shopping at the local landfill for scrap heap finds.

I get the sense that Cam Newton is toast. Too many injuries and declining production.  I don’t think he’d have been the uncontested starting QB even if Rivera had stayed. 

• Like 1
58 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

We offered Cooper 22 mil a year, Cam only costs 21.....we can afford him if we want him, especially if we deal Trent. It wouldn't be ideal for our cap purposes but we could squeeze him in. This organization needs star power and things to get this fan base back. If RR thinks Cam can play and help then we would have to accept it and hope for the best. RR made it clear that he's bringing in someone to compete with DH, Cam would make sense if RR wants him. 

I was going to type out a longer response to this, but being this is one of the crazier things Ive seen on here this week, Ill just pass.

Say no to Donovan McNabb 2.0.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1