Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

7 minutes ago, ColonialWBSkinsFan said:

The first domino fell HOURS ago, and we're still sitting around picking through scraps... our competition is strengthening their rosters....

the biggest domino hasn't fallen yet....Mr. Brady. Still lots to happen...Maybe TB is the fish we're going after? DH gets 2 years to learn from the master.

I get the frustration with the early lack of returns as this Free Agency cycle is just beginning. Felt good about us getting a few players that are now off the board.

Maybe the “culture change” we all begged for will be more challenging than expected. Just gotta be patient and trust in Rivera, it sucks but this is what we wanted?

4 minutes ago, xxprodigyxx said:

why is it just 1 pick? we got our #1/1.5 (depending on your opinion on McLaurin) wide receiver in the 3rd round, probable starting left guard in the 4th round, possible starting middle linebackers in a 5th and 6th rounder.

We have no idea what we have in Wes Martin and the hit/miss ratio in 5th and 6th rounds isn’t great for anyone. You’re basically assuming that your top 3 round picks are starters and everyone else is a crapshoot.

15 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

No but 3-13 teams should not be getting worse during FA. The teams that normally get hammered are winning teams that can’t afford to keep all of their stars who are maximizing their value because of winning. 

People keep saying we’ll fix it in the draft but ultimately we have 1 pick to do that (since young is pretty much our first rounder). 

Always a good strategy to wait until the teams spend all their money and grab bargain players.

2 minutes ago, -JB- said:

Always a good strategy to wait until the teams spend all their money and grab bargain players.

That’s not going to happen. Too many teams have money to spend. Realistically only 3 or so teams spent today. At some point we’re going to be happy with the Josh Wilson’s and Stephen Bowen’s is the scraps.

Again, I’m not advocating for breaking the bank on FA, but I would like to see an effort to at least offset the losses. The draft will not fix everything unless the plan is to trade down from #2.

1 minute ago, rumplestilskin said:

He needs to check himself because half of his tape is on the pine. 

Like that means anything. 

3 minutes ago, rumplestilskin said:

Don't worry everyone once we break the bank for Cooper we can complain about how we always overspend. Damned if you do and damned if you dont.

What are you saying here?

If he doesn't wanna play on the last year of his deal, he won't. He'll either sit out or we'll trade him. Either way, he won't be in a Redskins uniform unless we end up overpaying for him. There was a chance we probably could have signed him longterm prior to the CBA, but with the salaries skyrocketing, I doubt he could be had for less than 10.

That's why I HATE not signing priority FAs of our own earlier on. Once the new wave of free agents comes, it completely resets the market. 

The fact that so many guys who could help the Skins are signing makes me wonder if we aren't working bigger fish? Cooper, Littleton and others are still out there possibly weighing our offers. Robbie Anderson is another interesting name. The Jets have spent elsewhere but haven't signed Anderson yet. He'd be a nice get for us.

1 minute ago, PartyPosse said:

If he doesn't wanna play on the last year of his deal, he won't. He'll either sit out or we'll trade him. Either way, he won't be in a Redskins uniform unless we end up overpaying for him. There was a chance we probably could have signed him longterm prior to the CBA, but with the salaries skyrocketing, I doubt he could be had for less than 10.

That's why I HATE not signing priority FAs of our own earlier on. Once the new wave of free agents comes, it completely resets the market. 

I totally agree in principal but he doesn't have the leverage that a player with a more establishrd resume does. RR needs to call that bluff IMO.

8 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

The fact that so many guys who could help the Skins are signing makes me wonder if we aren't working bigger fish? Cooper, Littleton and others are still out there possibly weighing our offers. Robbie Anderson is another interesting name. The Jets have spent elsewhere but haven't signed Anderson yet. He'd be a nice get for us.

I don't think so, although they're still out there, I can't remember any big FAs that Carolina ever signed when Ron was there. He's a firm believer in building through the draft and re-signing his own. 

Archived