Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

We need to add weapons on offense and bolster the OL even if it means having a rookie at LT. 

CB

FS

LB

DE

G

G

We will have $74 million In cap space if/when we trade TW. Gotta spend our money somewhere. Surely on Scherff and Flowers. But Bradberry ... Boston ... even a LB like Littleton ... still gonna leave plenty of $$ to spare. 

maybe Amari Cooper isn’t such a bad idea. I’d be all for it with that cap $$ if this WR class wasn’t so deep. 

10 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

I'll take Rivers on a one year deal ONLY.

Any Haskins people that want Rivers are making a mistake, in my opinion. 

Dwayne has to play to show growth. It's in his DNA. He's not a film rat. He doesn't get down and dirty with being a backup and get detailed. Or at least, he didn't. And I believe that's his personality. He is a guy who learns from doing, not watching others do. 

As a guy that isn't a Haskins guy (and, to be fair to myself, I'm also not against the guy), I want nothing to do with Philip Rivers if the decision makers think Haskins can be the guy at any point soon.

Bringing in a big name vet means Haskins days are numbered. 

It also probably has us win some games and takes us out of the high end QB market in the 2021 NFL Draft.

6 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Dwayne has to play to show growth. It's in his DNA. He's not a film rat. He doesn't get down and dirty with being a backup and get detailed. Or at least, he didn't. And I believe that's his personality. He is a guy who learns from doing, not watching others do. 

As a guy that isn't a Haskins guy (and, to be fair to myself, I'm also not against the guy), I want nothing to do with Philip Rivers if the decision makers think Haskins can be the guy at any point soon.

It also probably has us win some games and takes us out of the high end QB market in the 2021 NFL Draft.

Don’t disagree with you. That said, there are some connections here. 

Kyle Smith’s Dad drafted Rivers.  Norv Turner coached him.  Ron was the DC with Rivers. These guys know him well. 

Lot of connections.

5 minutes ago, KDawg said:

If you still see him as a starter then yeah, it's a bad sign. But the way Rivers has player the last couple of years, as far as I'm concerned he won't get a starting job anywhere. I honestly believe that. I can't think of more than 2 teams that would need him as a starter - Carolina and Tampa Bay. 

I think he could teach Haskins a lot if he's willing to get a ton of dough to be a mentor. I guess we have Alex for that.

1 minute ago, PartyPosse said:

If you still see him as a starter then yeah, it's a bad sign. But the way Rivers has player the last couple of years, as far as I'm concerned he won't get a starting job anywhere. I honestly believe that. I can't think of more than 2 teams that would need him as a starter - Carolina and Tampa Bay. 

I think he could teach Haskins a lot if he's willing to get a ton of dough to be a mentor. I guess we have Alex for that.

I'm not sure he'd want to come to DC, of all places, to be anything other than the starter. Or at least have a shot at being the starter. I understand we have a new regime, and this is going to be a different franchise... But if you're Rivers, and you are wanting to play in the twilight of your career, you're either going somewhere to get a ring (which wouldn't be here) or some place where you can be the starting QB.

I'm not sure he plays football if he's not starting. And I'm not sure there aren't teams that wouldn't make him the starter.

16 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I'm not sure he'd want to come to DC, of all places, to be anything other than the starter. Or at least have a shot at being the starter. I understand we have a new regime, and this is going to be a different franchise... But if you're Rivers, and you are wanting to play in the twilight of your career, you're either going somewhere to get a ring (which wouldn't be here) or some place where you can be the starting QB.

I'm not sure he plays football if he's not starting. And I'm not sure there aren't teams that wouldn't make him the starter.

I agree. 

I'm just saying the only way i'd be ok with Rivers is on a one year deal. The more I think about it and what you said, the more even that seems like a bad idea.

3 hours ago, Andre The Giant said:

Pauline says Skins are in on Rivers.

I’ve said this from the minute Rivera was hired and it appeared as though Rivers would hit FA.  

Rivera was the DC and Norv was the HC.  They know him well.  And if they want a year stop gap, he makes you competitive immediately.  

I still think it’s a long shot, but there are a lot of connections.   

This only "makes sense" if Rivera has hidden that he actually hates Haskins and would never roll with him. In that hypothetical case, signing Rivers for a year or two and drafting Tua is the play.

Along with Smith and Haskins it puts a stupid amount of resources into the QB position. 

Even if they plan on trading Haskins, it won't be before signing Rivers which destroys our leverage and his value. Though I guess the Cards still got a late 2 for Rosen AFTER taking Murray, so who knows. But he'll be damaged goods in a league where we already were the team who valued him most last year. 

Personally it all seems far-fetched and it's probably a waste of time breaking down all the permutations. By far the most likely and realistic outcome remains sticking with the Haskins/Young combo. 

So by the time we’ve got Kerrigan on a restructured contract, and Trent has been shipped out, we’ll be sat with 80mil in cap space.

Hopefully a new CBA gets agreed which in turns lifts the final year restrictions on contract structures, and the rumor is a new CBA likely sees a major increases in cap space for 2021....

This could be fun.

I'm in the No camp for Rivers, he'll probably get north of 30m a year, add Smith and Haskins and your talking 60m tied up in the QB position, I would rather release Smith and take the 24m cap hit and draft Tua, which would be about a 40m QB cap hit in 2020. Still a big cap hit but from 2021 it's OK. But if I had to choose I would stick with Haskins and see what we've got with him and draft Young or trade 2nd pick and get better in 2 or 3 more positions. 

HTTR 

11 hours ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

We need to add weapons on offense and bolster the OL even if it means having a rookie at LT. 

CB

FS

LB

DE

G

G

We will have $74 million In cap space if/when we trade TW. Gotta spend our money somewhere. Surely on Scherff and Flowers. But Bradberry ... Boston ... even a LB like Littleton ... still gonna leave plenty of $$ to spare. 

maybe Amari Cooper isn’t such a bad idea. I’d be all for it with that cap $$ if this WR class wasn’t so deep. 

With the exLB coaches I expected Littleton to get more love. They are going to need to upgrade the back 7 via FA prior to draft. There are not many good LBs and Littleton is one of the best and versatile. 

Archived