Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

7 minutes ago, SemperFi Skins said:

Dunny for Stefon Diggs... Vikings are losing Xavier Rhodes.

Trade #2 pick to the Lions for Darius Slay and pick #3.

I've also considered both those options :ols:

Thing is the Dunbar trade overall doesn’t help the Vikings cap issues, whilst Slay wants 17mil+ p/y. But yep, there are interesting scenarios to throw out.

14 minutes ago, VaK9Trainer said:

interesting, thanks for posting. Also could have a major impact on FA.

22 minutes ago, markmills67 said:

We keep hearing rumours saying Williams, Sherff and Flowers are all wanted by the Skins, but why the wait, make our offer, get there response and they either sign or we trade and move on, I've never understood the time these contract offers take. 

HTTR 

No way they all get big contracts. 

37 minutes ago, markmills67 said:

We keep hearing rumours saying Williams, Sherff and Flowers are all wanted by the Skins, but why the wait, make our offer, get there response and they either sign or we trade and move on, I've never understood the time these contract offers take. 

HTTR 

Ya could always join us extremsskins boys over on the tailgate at the dirty laundry thread 

They will not all get big contracts. At the end of the day none of these players will significantly improve the online. With all the o line problems and replacement level players the online was not as bad as we feared in 2019 and with all starters not as good as expected in 2018. 
1. williams is good but not great anymore. He has at best 2 solid years left. Anything more than a 2y deal will be a deterrent to the team. 

2.  I suspect the team wants to sign flowers to a reasonable deal. He is young, does not yet warrant top guard money but can perform like a top guard. 
3. Depending on how flowers negotiations go, I believe sherff will be franchised and play out this next year. Or tagged and traded. No way they just let him walk. 

ptoblem is if skins get aggressive in fa, they will never get a 3rd rd Comp  pick for Schrff 

1. I keep hearing Hooper is going to be franchised.  

2. Dunny seems like he's on an emotional rollercoaster and either getting bad advice or not following good advice.  The best thing for him to do, and for him to have done, was to keep his damn trap shut externally.  

3. Dunny wants to be traded and Diggs wants to be traded.  Things that make you go "hmmmmm." I would argue you should be able to do this trade straight up.  Diggs is a pain in the ass, and Dunny has injury concerns.  Those cancel each other out, and both are really good players, though not top 5 at their position.  This might be one of those situations where both sides could benefit, however it would mean the 'Skins would have zero starting cornerbacks on the roster.  

51 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

No way they all get big contracts. 

Can Martin play LG?, If he can then don't re-sign Flowers. If we don't re-sign Scherff and sign Flowers I would want an upgrade at RT if Martin plays RG, Conclin possibly. Williams is a no brainer to sign in my opinion. 

OL 

Williams 

Martin 

Roullier 

Scherff 

Moses

or

Williams 

Flowers 

Roullier 

Martin 

Conclin 

HTTR 

So with Reed's official release, that leaves 4 current roster "questions."

- What happens with Trent?  I expect a 3 year extension at $16m average, 2 years guaranteed.

- What happens with Scherff?  I think they're going to tag him, and possibly trade him.  Or he plays on the tag.  I don't see a long term deal.  Just a hunch.

- What happens with Kerrigan?  I think they extend him to lower his cap number.  

- What happens with Dunny?  I think he's traded. Ron has said that if you don't want to be here, he doesn't want you here, and he'll help you pack your bags.  

Assume they will target a replacement (Bradberry?) for Dunny, and probably somebody else as well.  Hooper if he's not franchised makes a lot of sense.  TE will definitely be a target, as will LB, WE and FS.  

They have a lot of dry powder.  

It's time to gas up RedskinsOne and get after FA like it was 2000 baby! 

business-jet-rockets-off-the-runway-pict

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

i know Redskins.com mentioned Love being back this season.  Finlay though was on today indicating some pessimism on that.  Seems like he knows something but it's an unverified rumor so he doesn't know if it's so for sure whatever that is.  Ditto Chris Russell.

Ideally he starts the year on IR to free a roster spot and can come fresh in the second half.

7 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

I mean ... with our cap space you wouldn’t take on DJ for a year for a 2nd? Or a 3rd? Come on! 

Seriously though. That pick could go toward filling a hole with a cheap rookie contract. 

I'm all about that. I'd do it in a heartbeat, I just dont believe its real.

I may have been thinking about this in the wrong way. If we we have cap room and can sign multiple players, why not use Dunbar to grab Diggs and then just sign multiple FA CB's? I've been thinking that Dunbar is home grown and super productive when healthy, but he's not healthy that often and if he's going to require a big money contract, then he probably isn't worth it. Would you rather have Dunbar and Bradberry, or Diggs and Bradbury and Byron Jones? 

12 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

- What happens with Dunny?  I think he's traded. Ron has said that if you don't want to be here, he doesn't want you here, and he'll help you pack your bags.  

Assume they will target a replacement (Bradberry?) for Dunny, and probably somebody else as well.  

Dunbar has picked a bad time to run his ego off when free agency offers us so many options.

Specifically at in the secondary, I’d love us to consider all four of these - James Bradberry, Daryl Worley, Adrian Phillips, Tre Boston.

Bradberry will cost, but the others nowhere near as much. 

Phillips is also a great special teamer and potential hybrid S/LB.

I’d even consider taking a look at Sean Davis for FS.

I should add, if you then draft Young and take another LB at the top of the 3rd, which is the way I’d go, then then D is well set for JDR and co.

6 hours ago, Anselmheifer said:

I may have been thinking about this in the wrong way. If we we have cap room and can sign multiple players, why not use Dunbar to grab Diggs and then just sign multiple FA CB's? I've been thinking that Dunbar is home grown and super productive when healthy, but he's not healthy that often and if he's going to require a big money contract, then he probably isn't worth it. Would you rather have Dunbar and Bradberry, or Diggs and Bradbury and Byron Jones? 

Diggs + Bradberry > Dunbar + Bradberry

Archived