Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

3 minutes ago, justice98 said:

I think what they're saying is, Rivera kept Smith in line and kept it together.  All we care about is how they behave when they're with us.  We could care less what they do when we get rid of them.

3 minutes ago, OVCChairman said:

It was me acknowledging that it happened, not trying to hide something just to fit my narrative, then the follow up point that he now has positive things to say.  It makes me believe that Smith likely was frustrated at the time, and Rivera was caught up in the blast.  

Yeah but... There was still a blast. Smith liked him and still did it. 

I don't know if Diggs/Smith have the same personality, but what Smith did in Carolina was a big hit on the franchise. We can say we could care less what they do when we get rid of them, but we all know that's not true. "BREE AND FULLER WON A SUPER BOWL!", "PRESTON SMITH WAS A STUD THAT WE LET GO!", "LORENZO ALEXANDER AND TRENT MURPHY WERE IN THE PLAYOFFS".

Now add someone going off on the franchise. I don't care if its now or later. That's not a good look. 

Picking up petersons option was a no brainer.  Affordable, and a great guy to have around if you are focused on establishing a positive culture.  Plus we can focus on filling other holes this offseason.  I still wouldn't be surprised to see another decent rb brought in, either via free agency or midround pick.  I'm guessing Turner would like to have a dependable pass catcher, which we currently lack.

Couple of points:

- I would love to see us retain Donald Penn.  Guy overperformed last year and would be a great backup to have behind Trent if we could afford him for 1 more year and give us a chance to address the position through the draft with lower developmental picks.

- If we don't keep Trent I'd love to see us go after Thuney because of his versatility.  Played all over the line in college and for the Pats which would come in handy with our notoriosly jigsaw line.  

- My vote for WR would easily be Jermaine Kearse.  He broke his leg in preseason last year for the Lions so he's had all season to recover and can be had for cheap.  The guy has great hands and was super effective over the middle for the Jets and Seahawks.  Reminds me of the way Garcon used to be for us.  I think him and McLaurin would be a very effective combo.  A great, cheap way to get a veteran presence without a huge investment so the young guys on the roster can still get their shots.  The perfect guy for them to "try and overtake" during training camp.

15 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Just listening to Donaldson who seems to be plugged in with Rivera somehow (she wasn't that plugged in previously).  She flat out said they are going to pursue Bradberry.  No ifs or buts. 

I mean it's probably pretty premature to do so, but every mock draft or post-season projection that I run I assume that Bradberry and Boston are our starting CB1 and FS lol.

At this point it's probably more sure-thing to get Bradberry as the Boston stuff is pure speculation. But I do expect a FS since it's such a deep FA class, and we don't have a pick in R2 which seems to be the sweet-spot for starting FS this year.

5 hours ago, Burgold said:

I don't think I would want Diggs. I see him doing exactly what we want Terry to be doing. Diggs is a little speedy guy and while you can never have too much speed it's good to have players who can do different things on the field. In a way, that's why the potential of McLauren, Simms, and Harmon excite me. Harmon is the big, tough position guy. Simms is the electric jitterbug, and Terry is the speedster who scares the hell out of defenses.

The other thing is, by the end of the season, despite bad quarterbacking and a season of iffy playcalling they became a credible unit in their rookie years. Each, hopefully, will be better in their second year. Each has room to grow.

I dont think they should be getting any receiver in FA or draft that is expecting to start.  This is the same mistake this team usually makes. When they do actually find themselves with young hungry talent that might be on the verge of breaking out they find some fa with a big name and try to plug him in.

Harmon might have slipped into the late rounds but he is still a good prospect.  He has the qualities this team needs most, or at least have been lacking.   Intangibles, hunger drive, and work ethic.  The ability to make tough catches in big spots.  Physical in the run game.

People have been acting like he is already a lock to be an at best JAG type 2nd or 3rd wideout.  When he really is an up an coming talent with a lot of potential and with a need for a lot more snaps with the rest of the young talent on offense.

Keep a close eye on this young WR core.  They have all started from the bottom together. They are very hungry and have all the tools and potential to be great. 

You guys are clueless if you don’t want diggs on this team. He is a legit #1 wr in today’s nfl and would single handedly take our wr corps from one of the worst in the nfl to one of the best, even if that means dealing with a bit of a diva attitude. 

I'm listening to Grant call Diggs a B+ WR which is laughable IMO, I think his Kirk feelings are getting in the way.  He's better than Thielen and I would take a serious look if there is a real opportunity.

I couldn't imagine adding him to our current group of young WR's, that box would be checked for years to come.

43 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

trade him for a day 3 pick

1 hour ago, oraphus said:

You guys are clueless if you don’t want diggs on this team. He is a legit #1 wr in today’s nfl and would single handedly take our wr corps from one of the worst in the nfl to one of the best, even if that means dealing with a bit of a diva attitude. 

I agree. He’d kill it here.

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Just listening to Donaldson who seems to be plugged in with Rivera somehow (she wasn't that plugged in previously).  She flat out said they are going to pursue Bradberry.  No ifs or buts. 

I don’t think it will need to be much of a pursuit. 

27 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

I'm listening to Grant call Diggs a B+ WR which is laughable IMO, I think his Kirk feelings are getting in the way.  He's better than Thielen and I would take a serious look if there is a real opportunity.

I couldn't imagine adding him to our current group of young WR's, that box would be checked for years to come.

yep that is a joke. Go get Diggs.

Love Diggs.  JJ Halsell, agent, was on Sheehan today saying he thinks Diggs fetches a 3rd or 4th.  I'd be really surprised, I think he goes for a #1.   The Rams if I recall gave up a #1 for B. Cooks years back.

I don't see that how he comes here unless its perhaps a trade involving Trent.  We don't have the capital for it unless on the off chance Halsell is correct.   This draft though looks insane at the receiver spot.  I don't think its a reach that we can find another really good receiver with our early third.  In a normal year, I'd say dreaming of a starting WR in the third is likely a reach but this year the draft is insanely loaded at WR -- some say historically so. 

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Love Diggs.  JJ Halsell, agent, was on Sheehan today saying he thinks Diggs fetches a 3rd or 4th.  I'd be really surprised, I think he goes for a #1.   The Rams if I recall gave up a #1 for B. Cooks years back.

Vikings want him out, and it’s a necessary cap move.

I’d piss myself if we got him for a 3rd or 4th. After drying myself off I’d then try and find my post from last year insisting Diggs would end up a Redskin sooner rather than later :ols:

4 hours ago, KDawg said:

Yeah but... There was still a blast. Smith liked him and still did it. 

I don't know if Diggs/Smith have the same personality, but what Smith did in Carolina was a big hit on the franchise. We can say we could care less what they do when we get rid of them, but we all know that's not true. "BREE AND FULLER WON A SUPER BOWL!", "PRESTON SMITH WAS A STUD THAT WE LET GO!", "LORENZO ALEXANDER AND TRENT MURPHY WERE IN THE PLAYOFFS".

Now add someone going off on the franchise. I don't care if its now or later. That's not a good look. 

I get that, the point was more that Rivera has the experience with more colorful personalities.  I dont know that diggs and smith are the same either, but i do know smith had no problem being emotional.  

1 minute ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

Its possible.....although Diggs is a "Haskins guy".

I'd take the chance personally.

I think I would, too. Because if Haskins isn't getting him the ball it means we need a change at QB anyways. So, it could shorten the lifespan of Project Simba if he doesn't pan out. Or, conversely, it could help Haskins turn the corner and get the job done. 

Archived