Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

13 hours ago, Blue Collar Skins said:

Anything happen with Junior Galette?

Nothing. He's been on a repentance tour for the past couple of years. There's still the occasional fan that makes the obligatory "we really miss you" post, but that's about all he's got going on.

2 hours ago, VaK9Trainer said:

I think it could have a little traction and here's why. Dak wants in excess of 35 million a year. I've heard some reports that he wants 40 million.  NO WAY can the Cowboys pay that kind of money and be able to put anything around him. They just paid Demarcus Lawrence a boatload of $$ and the same with Zeke and they've got Byron Jones and Amari Cooper as Free Agents this year to pay if they want to keep them. I would guess that MAYBE Jerry thinks that he can unload Dak for a couple of 1sts and ride Brady for a couple of years while he makes a run at trading up to get Trevor Lawrence next year. Crazy I know but we are talking Jerry Jones here. 

why do you think Brady will sign low for a team that isn't his team?

16 minutes ago, carex said:

I never said that he would sign low, but I don't think he's going to want $40 million a year though. Could be wrong though. I think Dallas would be happy to get him at 30 million and trade Dak and then draft a QB on the Rookie scale. But. Hopefully Jerry will just pay Dak the $40 million and Dallas will be handcuffed from making any additions to their team for the next 6-7 years. HaHa 

I've Never understood the mindset behind some of these trades and possible scenarios. 

If the cowboys determine they're better off with a 42 year old quarterback than the guy they drafted who's worth 2 first round draft picks, then how in the hell is he worth two first round draft picks?

Seems to me if the team that drafted him doesn't want to pay him an outlandish sum of money then nobody else should either, and certainly not give up two draft picks in the process. 

3 hours ago, VaK9Trainer said:

It's possible. Who knows with Jerry?  He might bring Romo out of retirement. HaHa

I think the one thing missing in my life is a gif/meme/audio of Romo's "Oh Oh Oh, HERE WE GO JIM!" excitement from the NE/Jax playoff game, when Brady got the ball back, and Tony could not contain himself.  

I want it so much, I've tried to find a clip, the only person I know who has it is Galdi, and he won't share it.

16 hours ago, Blue Collar Skins said:

Anything happen with Junior Galette?

He has found the Lord, he has found the Lord doesn't pay, and he's trying like hell to find another Lord who does pay.  Sadly, he won't.

20 hours ago, skinsmania123 said:

Another perspective is that it is the offseason and this is what these guys do - speculate.   I think Brady was pissed about last year because he had no one to throw to.  Just super weak on the offensive side of the ball. I think what they will probably try to go after AJ Green or work something out so he has some pieces around him to throw to. I don't think he will get Gronk back.  It is more possible they take a flyer on someone like Reed.   They should even go after Henry.  

I just do not believe Brady is going anywhere.  If they pick up some pieces to fortify the Offense he will stay. But Hey it is message board. It is the offseason. Speculations rule.  

It is going to be fun to see what happens in FA all the way around.   First time I have looked forward to it as a Skins fan in a long time. 

Your post is a complete failure because it fails to point out the source of the link you quoted is a racist, misogynistic, rabble rousing ass hat and a coke-snorting pimp.  

Everything else you wrote is correct though.  Still, F- on the post. :P 

3 hours ago, skinny21 said:

Possible they’d go after a qb in this draft to groom behind Brady (if they went that route), especially if they were able to get some picks for Dak.  They could potentially move all the way up for Herbert or whoever, or maybe Jones really likes one of the more mobile guys?

Dak to... I don’t know, Oakland maybe?  Hard decisions for the Cowboys, which I like. :)

NE won't trade for Dak.  Belichick will watch 10 minutes of film and know that he's not trading and then paying big money for Dak.

Dak will either sign a deal in Dallas or be franchised.  And Dallas can play the cha-cha-cha for the next 2 years.  

1 hour ago, carex said:

He's chasing that elusive 7th ring.  

Bears, Bucs, Colts, Redskins.  I think these are the 4 teams which could get Rivers.  Probably in that order.  The sneaky possibility would be the Panthers, because Rivers went to NC State, and could return to a state where he was very popular.  I have to think the Bears think they can compete with a competent QB, and Mitch isn't that.  Philip might want to go play with Arians.  The Colts were an AFC contender until Luck retired.  

I really wouldn't count out the 'Skins. It's doubtful, but there are strong connections (Ron and Norv were with him in SD), and if Haskins isn't impressing with his work ethic and leadership, and Ron thinks he needs a starter, and not just a guy to compete, Rivers makes a lot of sense.  

I personally think Haskins WILL impress, so it's a moot point.  But the connection is there.  

I can't imagine what I would do if I was an owner and Daks's agent told me he wanted $40M per year, I don't think I could control my laughter.

The way these salaries are skyrocketing isn't sustainable under the current salary cap structure, get rid of the cap or expand it so these above-average players can make $40M a year and the fans don't have to suffer for it by having a lack of talent at other positions.

19 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

I don't blame a starter on the last year of his deal with no guaranteed money sitting out OTAs.  That makes a lot of sense.  Especially Dunny, who's had some health concerns.

I do wonder how Ron will approach this though.  He probably would see it as "just business."  

Smart think to do, in the interim, would be to just guarantee Dunny's deal for 2020.  

If Dunny left, then you are basically completely bare in the secondary.  You have Collins at SS, and ... no proven starter at all anywhere else.  

I hope they get a deal done with him.  

2 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I really wouldn't count out the 'Skins. It's doubtful, but there are strong connections (Ron and Norv were with him in SD), and if Haskins isn't impressing with his work ethic and leadership, and Ron thinks he needs a starter, and not just a guy to compete, Rivers makes a lot of sense.  

I personally think Haskins WILL impress, so it's a moot point.  But the connection is there.  

I agree.

Or as you say, Panthers a sneaky outside bet. In which case, we get Cam instead :movefast:

What is this desire to spend another 20-25 million on a QB while we already have one on the roster AND a first round QB groomed to start.

So y’all wanna invest 50 million on back-up QBs who are old and/or broken down And no longer wanted by their old teams? Why not just poach Big Ben from Pitts while we’re at it. Have you guys even SEEN these dudes play recently?

Some of y’all are dumb.

Just now, JSSkinz said:

I can't imagine what I would do if I was an owner and Daks's agent told me he wanted $40M per year, I don't think I could control my laughter.

The way these salaries are skyrocketing isn't sustainable under the current salary cap structure, get rid of the cap or expand it so these above-average players can make $40M a year and the fans don't have to suffer for it by having a lack of talent at other positions.

The cap goes up $10m per year.  Which at the moment is about 5%.  So it's somewhat sustainable, though tough, as long as the cap keeps increasing.

The more ludicrous part of it is that Dak is just NOT worth that amount.  He's good. I put him in the tier right behind the elite.  Though, at the moment, I'm not even sure who is elite apart from Mahlmes and Lamar. And I guess Russel Wilson. Rodgers looked human a bunch last year. Still good, but nowhere near as good.  Brady is 78.  Brees?  Who else?   I think there are guys climbing the QB ladder towards the top because the ladder is getting shorter.

I think the 1-3 are Maholmes, Lamar and Wilson.  Then there's are the "old guys" Rodgers, Brady,Rivers and Brees.  (Rodgers isn't as old, but still getting up there, and just not looking as good.)

Then there's just a lot of guys clumped together.  Dak, Watson, Matt Ryan, "Kurt" Cousins, Maybe Wentz, maybe Garoppolo (I don't think so but he did just QB his team to the SB), Maybe Goff if he just had a 1 year slump, ... I mean, there's just not a ton separating those guys at this point.  Then you have the really young guys in their first 2 years starting who are not Maholmes.  And it's tough to judge any of them yet.  

45 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

NE won't trade for Dak.  Belichick will watch 10 minutes of film and know that he's not trading and then paying big money for Dak.

Dak will either sign a deal in Dallas or be franchised.  And Dallas can play the cha-cha-cha for the next 2 years.  

Sorry if I was confusing - was talking about Dallas picking up Brady, drafting another and trading Dak.  

Far more likely Dak is just re-signed or franchises of course.  I don’t see them  trading him, but I guess never say never with qbs in the NFL.  

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

The cap goes up $10m per year.  Which at the moment is about 5%.  So it's somewhat sustainable, though tough, as long as the cap keeps increasing.

The more ludicrous part of it is that Dak is just NOT worth that amount.  He's good. I put him in the tier right behind the elite.  Though, at the moment, I'm not even sure who is elite apart from Mahlmes and Lamar. And I guess Russel Wilson. Rodgers looked human a bunch last year. Still good, but nowhere near as good.  Brady is 78.  Brees?  Who else?   I think there are guys climbing the QB ladder towards the top because the ladder is getting shorter.

I think the 1-3 are Maholmes, Lamar and Wilson.  Then there's are the "old guys" Rodgers, Brady,Rivers and Brees.  (Rodgers isn't as old, but still getting up there, and just not looking as good.)

Then there's just a lot of guys clumped together.  Dak, Watson, Matt Ryan, "Kurt" Cousins, Maybe Wentz, maybe Garoppolo (I don't think so but he did just QB his team to the SB), Maybe Goff if he just had a 1 year slump, ... I mean, there's just not a ton separating those guys at this point.  Then you have the really young guys in their first 2 years starting who are not Maholmes.  And it's tough to judge any of them yet.  

How hard is it to spell Mahomes?

13 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

What is this desire to spend another 20-25 million on a QB while we already have one on the roster AND a first round QB groomed to start.

So y’all wanna invest 50 million on back-up QBs who are old and/or broken down And no longer wanted by their old teams? Why not just poach Big Ben from Pitts while we’re at it. Have you guys even SEEN these dudes play recently?

Some of y’all are dumb.

This. I ... I can't even entertain the concept and it keeps coming up. You have $20+ million invested in a backup QB who won't play because of a serious injury. You've invested a 1st rounder as a result in a QB you expect to be the franchise. I just don't under any circumstance, understand why and how you see Rivers, Bridgewater, name your vet. QB as a fit here, both financially and logistically. Seems like a pointless conversation to even entertain.

Signing River handicaps you in a very serious way in terms of salary cap. It also completely neuters your intentions of developing a franchise QB in Haskins. And I frankly don't think it's even a conversation anyone iwthin the organization would be willing to have. Because it's a move a team that is ready to win a SB or compete for one makes ... not one that is in the midst of a rebuild around its future franchise QB.

2 hours ago, redskinss said:

I've Never understood the mindset behind some of these trades and possible scenarios. 

If the cowboys determine they're better off with a 42 year old quarterback than the guy they drafted who's worth 2 first round draft picks, then how in the hell is he worth two first round draft picks?

Seems to me if the team that drafted him doesn't want to pay him an outlandish sum of money then nobody else should either, and certainly not give up two draft picks in the process. 

Especially if the sign Brady first.  Leverage lost and it wouldn't be too different than the Rosen trade last year (not in talent comparison but the #10 overall pick 1 year to Low 2nd rounder and a future 5th). 

Cowboys wouldn't want an angry Dak at 20+ mill sitting on the bench with the franchise tag and teams would offer less. 

4 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

This is subjective to an extent but I would say you have Mahomes at the top of the tree, then Wilson and then Lamar (but it IS one season), Rodgers, Watson and Brees (still though he is showing signs of slowing down). I think Brady showed signs of age and so did Rivers, they are on the downswing big time but they are in a bracket with Dak and maybe Wentz. Then I would clump Cousins, Ryan, Newton, Goff, Garoppolo and last season's version of Tannehill. That's a top 16.

I would not add the guys who were rookies last year yet and beyond that you have guys who are replacement level starters or placeholders.

4 hours ago, jsharrin55 said:

Especially if the sign Brady first.  Leverage lost and it wouldn't be too different than the Rosen trade last year (not in talent comparison but the #10 overall pick 1 year to Low 2nd rounder and a future 5th). 

Cowboys wouldn't want an angry Dak at 20+ mill sitting on the bench with the franchise tag and teams would offer less. 

if they sign Brady first for say $30M they can't then find the cap space to allow Dak to sign his tag (exclusive rights tage would be circa $33M). If they sign Brady first they have to let Dak walk.

This is obviously not going to happen but they would have to agree the Dak trade then have him sign his tag (so he would have a veto on where he signs and his agent would want to be sure that team agreed to at least the parameters of what a long term deal would look like) and THEN sign Brady.

Thats a lot of 'then's'.

29 minutes ago, jsharrin55 said:

He replaced o with l, and they are next to each other on the keyboard.  I'm gonna go with that.  Haha

I wish. There is a name Holmes.  Like, for example, Sherlock Holmes.  And for whatever reason, I just assumed Mahomes was Ma + Holmes.  Because he looks so British.  

I feel sheepish.  

On 2/9/2020 at 2:06 PM,  NYSkins21 said: 

Anyone see this yet?

https://www.si.com/.amp-cowboys/nfl/cowboys/news/cowboys-trading-dak-prescott-and-signing-patriots-qb-tom-brady-being-discussed-by-significant-people-says-michael-irvin

22 hours ago, skinsmania123 said:

Another perspective is that it is the offseason and this is what these guys do - speculate.   I think Brady was pissed about last year because he had no one to throw to.  Just super weak on the offensive side of the ball. I think what they will probably try to go after AJ Green or work something out so he has some pieces around him to throw to. I don't think he will get Gronk back.  It is more possible they take a flyer on someone like Reed.   They should even go after Henry.  

I just do not believe Brady is going anywhere.  If they pick up some pieces to fortify the Offense he will stay. But Hey it is message board. It is the offseason. Speculations rule.  

It is going to be fun to see what happens in FA all the way around.   First time I have looked forward to it as a Skins fan in a long time. 

@Voice_of_Reason I am not the one who posted the link you referenced. I just responded to post Just like you did.   

26 minutes ago, MartinC said:

This is obviously not going to happen but they would have to agree the Dak trade then have him sign his tag (so he would have a veto on where he signs and his agent would want to be sure that team agreed to at least the parameters of what a long term deal would look like) and THEN sign Brady.

And I think there's something specifically in the franchise tag rules which indicates tag-and-trade is not the purpose of the rule, so I'm SURE that Mara would try and take $90 million dollars of cap room from Jerry.  

2 minutes ago, skinsmania123 said:

@Voice_of_Reason I am not the one who posted the link you referenced. I just responded to post Just like you did.   

I know.  I was just kidding with you.  

Archived