Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

Much like with Foster, I think relying on Guice (or Love, but moreso Guice as it’s been the story now for two seasons) is a mistake. Luckily, this team has Adrian Peterson. 

This team has significant concerns across the board on offense. Even wide receiver, though to a lesser degree. The line HAS to be the first priority. 

If Guice and Love are healthy, that’s significant bonus for this team. But I’m just not sure how you can possibly count on them.

Defensively, it’s the same story with Foster. 

Jamie Collins/Littleton are going to have to be targets at OLB. 

4 hours ago, Anselmheifer said:

I would love to steal Amari Cooper. Cooper across from McLaurin would be such a huge talent upgrade. Imagine adding Hooper or Henry and Cooper and getting Trent back. Would be such a huge upgrade on offense. 

I agree. On offense either Hunter or Hooper and also Cooper. Then on Defense Boston, Littleton and Byron Jones. Draft Chase Young and best available at positions of need. With that I could see the Skins making a playoff push and having then most upside in our Division. 

Are all of those guys UNrestricted free agents?

Im probably in the minority but I wouldnt pay  big money for Amari Cooper.. I watched a lot of drops and half assed efforts in Oakland... But id be ok with dullass not having him! LMAO

Doesnt Diggs want out? 

Not sure RR would want him with some of his antics though. Minny is in cap hell though- LMAO

7 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

The FA list seems to be getting a bit longer with the Foster news.

Fully expect Dan to get the cash out again and support Rivera with 3 or 4 fairly high priced FA.

I am so glad Bruces cheap ass is gone and we won't be bargin binning FA.

19 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Absolutely, we need a stud coverage LB to make up for our secondary. With how the NFL is these days, you better have LB's that can cover the pass. Plus, players that go from UFA to studs show me they have remarkable work ethic. 

I think SDH is going to be a very good coverage LBer. Pretty sure he graded out well this year. 

5 hours ago, KDawg said:

Much like with Foster, I think relying on Guice (or Love, but moreso Guice as it’s been the story now for two seasons) is a mistake. Luckily, this team has Adrian Peterson. 

This team has significant concerns across the board on offense. Even wide receiver, though to a lesser degree. The line HAS to be the first priority. 

If Guice and Love are healthy, that’s significant bonus for this team. But I’m just not sure how you can possibly count on them.

Defensively, it’s the same story with Foster. 

Jamie Collins/Littleton are going to have to be targets at OLB. 

I've got to disagree with you. As badly as we need LBers and it is a priority, it's not a gapping hole, like CB or FS. 

I'm not opposed to bringing in a Vet LB, since Foster is probably never playing this season, but I think what we have will look remarkably better, just from coaching and supporting cast playing better.

20 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I am so glad Bruces cheap ass is gone and we won't be bargin binning FA.

I think SDH is going to be a very good coverage LBer. Pretty sure he graded out well this year. 

I've got to disagree with you. As badly as we need LBers and it is a priority, it's not a gapping hole, like CB or FS. 

I'm not opposed to bringing in a Vet LB, since Foster is probably never playing this season, but I think what we have will look remarkably better, just from coaching and supporting cast playing better.

We have one outside linebacker.

It's so gaping there's an open space.

FS is also gaping.

Corner is... ajar.

2 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Anderson and SDH outside. 

Really wish Anderson could be a MLB. Hes got the size to be a big bully.

So, on one hand, I was encouraged by Anderson’s play this year and the fact he buckled down and got serious about his training regimen/diet.  On the other hand, I’m not sure I want to see him in coverage beyond short zones.  Agreed about SDH though.  

Foster (I know we shouldn’t ’rely’ on him) played weak side and middle linebacker in SF, so I’m not sure about his fit as a SAM.  

So I think we have Foster/SDH compete for WILL, and Foster/Holcomb compete for the MIKE spot.  After that, I think we have Anderson as a semi-long shot at SAM and MIKE, and JHC also as a long shot at SAM.  I think it makes sense to bring in a guy with experience playing the strong side LB position.  

*We should be set at dline - especially if we draft Young.

*We could really use a corner to pair with Dunbar (we’re probably ok at slot corner with Moreland/Johnson/Stroman).  
*Could use a FS to at least compete with Nicholson/Apke.  
*TE sounds like its coming via FA and I presume they’ll look for a starter. 
*OL is the biggest mess at the moment.  Need to address LT (I’m now firmly one the bring Trent back camp), and figure out our guard situation.  I’m guessing they re-sign Scherff and 60/40 they bring back Flowers.  
*I have to think they’ll look at wr and rb in the draft.  

So, relatively higher priced FAs at TE and corner, and a moderately priced FS and backer.   I’d guess that’s roughly 25-30mil.  If we re-sign Scherff and Flowers, that’s maybe another 20-22, I’m guessing.  Assuming we cut Reed and Norman, I think that leaves us at 14-21.  

*Qb is the wildcard here, IMO.  

I'd be down for Justin Simmons and Clayton Fejedelem.

PLAYER
POS.
TO
GP
SNAPS
TKL
SCK
QBHIT
FF
INT
2019 AAV
STATUS
MARKET VALUE
Clayton Fejedelem S 27 CIN TBD 16   15         $600,888 UFA -
PLAYER
POS.
TO
GP
SNAPS
TKL
SCK
QBHIT
FF
INT
2019 AAV
STATUS
MARKET VALUE
Justin Simmons FS 26 DEN TBD 16   93       4 $767,388 UFA Market Value

11 minutes ago, Monk4thaHALL said:

I'd be down for Justin Simmons and Clayton Fejedelem.

PLAYER
POS.
TO
GP
SNAPS
TKL
SCK
QBHIT
FF
INT
2019 AAV
STATUS
MARKET VALUE
Clayton Fejedelem S 27 CIN TBD 16   15         $600,888 UFA -
PLAYER
POS.
TO
GP
SNAPS
TKL
SCK
QBHIT
FF
INT
2019 AAV
STATUS
MARKET VALUE
Justin Simmons FS 26 DEN TBD 16   93       4 $767,388 UFA Market Value

Simmons. yes.  Fejedelem, no.

9 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Fejedelem, no.

Have to look beyond the stats. Swiss army knife, glue guy. Fej has made numerous unheralded plays for Cinny that I've seen. Real easy to look at who's hot and has numbers. But numbers cost money. And if the guy has already peaked in ability and/or health, you overpay and get sunk cost. Or you overpay for perception and get stuck in a "mud" contract, unable to get out, Collins (I'd argue).

Need more than anything to see potential and buy inexpensive, then maximize ability and role. If given a chance with opportunity Fej can fill so many box hybrid roles, Rover. 

Continuing with Schobert, see Biegel as a buy low and maximize stock. Double tap the wisconsin pool. Beigel basically the same body and athlete as Schobert coming out. 

Again opportunity, role and chance. Scheme to maximize. 

PLAYER
POS.
TO
GP
SNAPS
TKL
SCK
QBHIT
FF
INT
2019 AAV
STATUS
MARKET VALUE
Vince Biegel LB 27 MIA TBD 13   59 3 12   1 $645,000 RFA -

7 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Anderson and SDH outside. 

Really wish Anderson could be a MLB. Hes got the size to be a big bully.

Anderson as a guy that is coverage responsible scares the tar out of me.

4 hours ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

I see Littleton being touted, he’s great against the pass but pretty poor against the run. I’d do opposite, great against the run, sdh can play the pass really well. Not sure what FA LB is great against the run.

IMO, If we can’t stop the run we are not a good defense.

Agree. Which is why SDH needs to show he can play the run. Thus far, he seems to be tremendous in coverage but extremely lack luster against the run. 

4 hours ago, skinny21 said:

So I think we have Foster/SDH compete for WILL, and Foster/Holcomb compete for the MIKE spot.  After that, I think we have Anderson as a semi-long shot at SAM and MIKE, and JHC also as a long shot at SAM.  I think it makes sense to bring in a guy with experience playing the strong side LB position.  

Foster just regained feeling in his foot from his injury last year. He is way behind the 8-ball in his recovery. Don't count on him. 

Right now the LBs are : OLB: SDH, JHC, Anderson, MIKE: Holcomb

image.thumb.png.5a231e5cc75374c170ac4a43a6dd60da.png

For reference, this is the current roster with UFA/RFAs removed.

There is some juggling that could happen... MIKE/OLB, DE/DT, SLOT CB/WR, etc. But that's the group of guys currently under contract.

if I'm missing something let me know. I plan on keeping this somewhat updated.

Seeing the success that Tennessee and San Francisco have had running the ball this year is making me take a closer look at our offensive build. It really makes me think that we need to retain Flowers and Scherff and Trent Williams and upgrade at RT. Add a blocking TE or two and there is no reason we can't be a team that is more of a bully on offense. 

4 hours ago, RWJ said:

Simmons. yes.  Fejedelem, no.

I've read a bunch of times that Denver doesn't plan to lose Simmons so I am guessing they franchise him or something. 

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

Wasn't Anderson pretty good at covering TEs and such at Bama? I seem to remember that being a strong part of his game, but I'm not sure why.

Edit- I'm very wrong. Short armed slow poke

Craig Hoffman said today he knows for a fact that Rivera likes Anderson in particular for attitude-culture.   I wonder though how easy he fits a 4-3.  I think maybe he puts on some weight and plays R-DE in rotation.  Or they can try him maybe at OLB.  Wonder about him in space because he's both slow and not very agile. 

If Trent leaves?  He's not as good but he's younger and perhaps emerging.  

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-the-50-best-available-nfl-free-agents-in-2020

45. T D.J. HUMPHRIES

Humphries battled injuries early in his career, only flashing the ability that made him a 2015 first-rounder, but he is coming off his best effort as a pass blocker. He gave up only 30 pressures on 677 attempts in 2019, just two more pressures than he allowed in 2018 on 335 fewer opportunities. It was Humphries' first season grading below 72.0 in the run game, but he could be the classic “late bloomer” along the offensive line as he heads into his age-26 season.

I've heard it been said multiple times that Del Rio is especially enamored with secondary players who can do it all. 

29. S JIMMIE WARD
Ward has worn many hats in the 49ers’ secondary, but 2019 has been his best season by a longshot, as he ranked eighth among safeties with an 84.2 overall grade during the regular season. After playing slot corner, outside corner and every safety variation, Ward’s career year has came after spending 71% of his snapsat free safety, where he’s broken up eight passes and missed just three tackles on the year. Ward has been flying around the field this season, and he’s become a playmaker on the back end of the one of the best defenses in the league.

I'd be intrigued by Anderson moving to MIKE. I'm not sure if that works, really. I don't have a good view on if his instincts are good enough.

But it seems like it's a spot he could play given his demeanor/attitude and how he plays with some controlled violence.

But his instincts/reads would be key to that. And I have no way of knowing if he is capable of it versus Cole Holcomb. 

I've said it a few times, I'm not in love with any of our linebacker situation. I think I'm most comfortable with SDH as an OLB and I'm borderline there. But I do think there is some possibility of it being better than I currently projecting it to be with some tweaking. 

I really, really hope we add something there, though. @Skinsinparadise

Archived