Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

2 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

problem is he wants 22mil p/y. But he wants out.

few moving parts. Firstly, are we staying at #2 for Young?

Also, the curious case of Ryan Kerrigan, no chance he stays on his current salary. He wants to stay, talks were alluded to several weeks ago. Yet nothing. Strangely quiet. Now restructuring Kerrigan would seem a simple task to me IF he was 100% in our plans. IF we have other options on the bubble, you never know...

with our current cap and what we have potentially to roll over we can easily afford him

Thinking about it, the nice thing about all these one year deals, a lot of these guys will still attract some interest next year, meaning even if we sign a lot pf guys we could end up still getting comp picks

1 hour ago, Lovi said:

Why don’t they just sign Ryan or Breeland and get it over with rather than sign these 3rd stringers?  I get the need for depth but let’s get some talent we know will make the team 

Keim said on his recent podcast, they had not really been "on" either of those guys.  He said he felt like they thought Ryan was overpriced.

16 hours ago, KDawg said:

I don’t, actually. I think he’s replacement level. But his strength is coverage. 

I don’t think we have a MIKE or a SAM on the roster.

Reuben Foster is made for the Mike in this scheme. Can’t be relied upon though. I’d like KPL behind him. 

Holcomb/KPL at SAM as that is the least important LB in this scheme. 

My bigger concern is WILL. Davis will play it but that’s the most important role at LB 

1 minute ago, HigSkin said:

Keim said on his recent podcast, they had not really been "on" either of those guys.  He said he felt like they thought Ryan was overpriced.

It was said that we were waiting for the demands to drop off some. I suspect Ryan was one. I think we’ll bring another similar priced DB in. Maybe two.

CB Worley, FS Randall.

46 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

I signed Darby to replace Josh Norman in Madden once. Darby wasn't worth it, I should have gone after Tyreek Hill instead. I continue to hold a grudge against him for that, so I think this was a bad signing.

I do wonder where our CB depth chart stands at the moment. I expect Darby plays outside, but Moreau vs. Fuller seems like a battle of 2 nickelbacks. Does playing outside make one of them a winner or a loser?

Moreau played better once he was moved outside. Don't see the Redskins moving him back to nickle as he sucked in that position. 

1 hour ago, kingdaddy said:

Would love to trade TW to Miami for a 3rd and their young TE Mike Gesicki....

I think that would be something we could live with. BTW - glad to see you've come around and no longer expect a 1st rounder for Trent.

46 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

i don’t think they’ll go BPA , I think they’ll go need. TE and WR most likely. Maybe LB.

42 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

We almost always talk about BOA and draft for need. 

25 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

I can’t really argue with your POV beyond pointing to Smith saying they’d go BPA.  We also won’t know what their board looks like, so it will likely be difficult to ascertain if they went BPA even after the draft.  On top of this, need will already be factored in to BPA to an extent. 

Off the top of my head, the only sign that would show they prioritized need is if they trade back for a very modest return and draft a tackle.  

We're the Redskins, if we ever actually try to go BPA it'll line up so we're 20 deep at one position and have nothing elsewhere.  We have a lot of young talent at WR that's roughly even with where we'll be drafting, so I don't think WR is a position we'll spend much on

Not sure I like the signing of Davis.

Yea, I know all the factors of being a great mentor, knowing Rivera's system.

But apparently we are i rebuilding mode.

Keeping around an older guy who might last just one year, could cost a roster spot for a younger guy with potential, who could later develop into a solid player when we're done rebuilding. Instead, that younger player ends up somewhere else.

If we're on the verge of a Super Bowl, I could understand the logic, but we're not.

3 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Not sure I like the signing of Davis.

Yea, I know all the factors of being a great mentor, knowing Rivera's system.

But apparently we are i rebuilding mode.

Keeping around an older guy who might last just one year, could cost a roster spot for a younger guy with potential, who could later develop into a solid player when we're done rebuilding. Instead, that younger player ends up somewhere else.

If we're on the verge of a Super Bowl, I could understand the logic, but we're not.

on the other hand maybe everyone doing on the job training weakens the whole group

28 minutes ago, Master Blaster said:

Reuben Foster is made for the Mike in this scheme. Can’t be relied upon though. I’d like KPL behind him. 

Holcomb/KPL at SAM as that is the least important LB in this scheme. 

My bigger concern is WILL. Davis will play it but that’s the most important role at LB 

Agree on Foster. 100%. Best linebacker on the roster but also can’t be relied on. 

Can KPL play MIKE? If so that’s something I didn’t think about. I KNOW I don’t want Bostic to be the starter there.

FWIW, walterfootball gave the Darby signing an A+.  I agree with his reasoning and I like the signing, but I wouldn't go so far as A+.  Id give it a B bc there is upside with very little risk on a fairly cheap one year deal.  

Darby was once traded for a semi productive Jordan Matthews and a 3rd.  Even if you threw Matthews out of there, the 3rd rounder shows you how promising his career started out.  Philly's pass defense has been atrocious, and if he has been playing injured, I'm hoping better health and new scenery could lead us to a gem.

Not to mention he will be playing behind the best front four in football.  No trading back, take Chase at 2!!!!!!

https://walterfootball.com/freeagentsigninggrades.php

Just now, KillBill26 said:

FWIW, walterfootball gave the Darby signing an A+.  I agree with his reasoning and I like the signing, but I wouldn't go so far as A+.  Id give it a B bc there is upside with very little risk on a fairly cheap one year deal.  

Darby was once traded for a semi productive Jordan Matthews and a 3rd.  Even if you threw Matthews out if there, the 3rd rounder shows you how promising his career started out.  Philly's pass defense has been atrocious, and if he has been playing injured, I'm hoping better health and new scenery could lead us to a gem.

https://walterfootball.com/freeagentsigninggrades.php

Walter Football seems... off... lately. Their draft rankings are a little odd, too, in my opinion... This year, anyways. In the past they've been a phenomenal resource. Is it the same crew?

*Disclaimer: They could be completely right with the stuff they've been putting up and I'm off-base. Just seems like they're all over the place lately.

5 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Walter Football seems... off... lately. Their draft rankings are a little odd, too, in my opinion... This year, anyways. In the past they've been a phenomenal resource. Is it the same crew?

*Disclaimer: They could be completely right with the stuff they've been putting up and I'm off-base. Just seems like they're all over the place lately.

Same crew, and I agree with you, some of his takes are a little off imo, not just lately, I feel like it's been like that for awhile.  Especially his fantasy stuff, he seems to go overboard when hyping a sleeper or dogging a certain coach or player.  His thinking can be a little too rigid, and it feels agendas get in the way of objective analysis.  And he is definitely more average Joe than football analyst, but he obviously does watch a lot of football and is a pretty knowledgeable dude.   But definitely needs to be taken with a grain of salt.

BTW KDawg, the big board you put together is unreal.  Good work brother.

I'm not going to split hairs on the Darby signing. We have space and needed a corner. Achilles usually take a few years to come totally back from, so he should regain some form this year. It's a decent signing and its only $4M no matter how you slice it. Worth the shot.

I'm curious, though, why Darby vs. the other options? Is he the best option that would join us? Or have we not reached out to the other guys? Bree seemed like he would be gungho to come back, and I think he's more talented than Darby. Is the market for Logan Ryan hot or is he just not wanting to come here? Maybe Rivera and Del Rio don't think they're schematic fits?

We are building a foundation and that's great. But a 1 year contract isn't foundation setting with Darby. 

It feels like the Skins are setting up for a big money play coming up soon, but I can't imagine what it would be and I'm not sure I want there to be one. I'm okay with foundation setting for the time being. 

Just some questions I had.

4 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

BTW KDawg, the big board you put together is unreal.  Good work brother.

Thank you! It was fun! And now that I have a foundation it's easier to modify my big board (hint: it's already changed some! :ols: ) and get ready for next season. This year took forever to get through all the positions, but I can head start scouting for next season now and add guys throughout the season to take a look at and really take my time with it. I notice every time I look at my lists there's a guy further up than I think he should be... so I've been doing some heavy modifying. :ols:

I've also added a few guys to various position groups. 

5 minutes ago, KDawg said:

It feels like the Skins are setting up for a big money play coming up soon, but I can't imagine what it would be and I'm not sure I want there to be one

I agree, big move feels like it’s in the works. 

13 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

Iggles are literally rejoicing 

they won’t be next year when Slays cap hit is 16mil, then 20mil, then 21mil thereafter.

12 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

I think he was good in Buffalo but he went to Philly and I think blew his Achilles. He’s been awful ever since

He's definitely declining but "awful ever since"?  Is that something you read on the Eagles board?

PFF Grades

2019 - 45.9

2018 - 70.6

2017 - 79.9

2016 - 68.3

2015 - 76.6

37 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

Yeah...outside of him being from PG, this is very meh. I think he was good in Buffalo but he went to Philly and I think blew his Achilles. He’s been awful ever since

Iggles are literally rejoicing 

he costs them 4. 3 million this year, 15.75 next year, Darby costs us nothing next year

33 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I'm not going to split hairs on the Darby signing. We have space and needed a corner. Achilles usually take a few years to come totally back from, so he should regain some form this year. It's a decent signing and its only $4M no matter how you slice it. Worth the shot.

I'm curious, though, why Darby vs. the other options? Is he the best option that would join us? Or have we not reached out to the other guys? Bree seemed like he would be gungho to come back, and I think he's more talented than Darby. Is the market for Logan Ryan hot or is he just not wanting to come here? Maybe Rivera and Del Rio don't think they're schematic fits?

We are building a foundation and that's great. But a 1 year contract isn't foundation setting with Darby. 

It feels like the Skins are setting up for a big money play coming up soon, but I can't imagine what it would be and I'm not sure I want there to be one. I'm okay with foundation setting for the time being. 

or possibly they just wanted a guy for a year and everyone else wanted multi-year contracts

The Sean Davis deal originally came out at 1yr/5mil which in the end is actually a deal with a 3.5mil cap hit this year.

I would expect the Darby deal to be similar.

Thats said, that will drop our cap space to 25mil. It soon drains away. Got to do something with that Kerrigan deal and the Scherff/Trent situations.

WF giving Skins an A because they thought since he fell off the cliff last year a 1 year prove it deal was what he should get and that's what we gave him.  Darby will compete with Moreau for an OCB position and Fuller will play the other with Moreland playing the slot. 

Archived