Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

25 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

I would love both of the Jets 3’s ... or the Browns though the jets pair is higher. Would give us 5 picks in R3//4 to add some talent. 

Me, too.  Though I doubt they get offered that if teams are balking at giving up a 2nd.  If I recall the story about the Jets on that front was just a sports reporter speculating about it.  If I recall correctly in trade value two 3 round picks > a 2nd rounder. 

3 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

@Skinsinparadise in this case the Jets pair of 3’s is just a tad more in value than their mid 2nd. 

The Browns pair of 3’s equals a late 2nd in value 

OK, for the Jets I recall one sports reporter speculating two thirds another a third and a 6th but neither article said that's what they heard but it came off like they were spitballing on it because they know the Jets don't want to give up a 2nd.  Ditto a Browns reporter said they know they don't want to give up a 2nd.

So if that's true I doubt that two 3rd rounders is what they'd give up instead if they think a 2nd is steep.  Maybe a 3rd and a 5th?  or a 3rd and 4th tops?  That's presuming the Browns and Jets reporters are correct and those front offices think a 2nd is too steep. 

Latimer seems like a reasonable signing. I hope the contract is reasonable. Matt Kalil hasn't played since 2017. Injured in Sept. 2018 (Carolina). Released in Sept. 2019 (Texans). I'm glad we're looking at left tackles, but he might not be the best choice.

Lattimer had a few big games last year. Didn’t he have a good game against us?  I know he was a former second round pick. Typical possible late bloomer. Nice to have a vet with some size. I see him as a starter over Harmon. 

Kalil is only a name but was good in his hey day. I assume we won’t be resigning Penn now. 

Man I would feel so much better about our secondary if they would sign Logan Ryan. Right now it looks like we are one injury away from doom and gloom back there. Ryan is a solid player, veteran, and a winner. Our secondary would look so much better if he was in the mix. Come on Skins, what are we waiting for! 

52 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Giants fans are not thrilled about this. He's still pretty young, maybe he can step it up a gear for us. 

I mean, he's a 6 year vet with so little production, he makes Josh Doctson look like Julio Jones.  At this point, I just dont think this guy can play.  

42 minutes ago, dswerdlw said:

Latimer seems like a reasonable signing. I hope the contract is reasonable. Matt Kalil hasn't played since 2017. Injured in Sept. 2018 (Carolina). Released in Sept. 2019 (Texans). I'm glad we're looking at left tackles, but he might not be the best choice.

Hopefully better than Doctson, health wise too. 

1 hour ago, dswerdlw said:

Ironically the description of Kalil isn't that different from TW.  Kalil a bit younger and a bit more time since last played.  

6 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Trent can't force his way out of here saying the relationship is irreparable, then come back in a decade and be in our Ring of Honor just because he likes Snyder for always signing his paychecks. Just can't have it both ways. He always seemed like a player who had his legacy in mind, which is why all of this came as such a shock originally, and why it was shocking again when he didn't seem receptive to mending fences with the new regime.  It's a shame, but by forcing his way out (and I've always been a fan who sides with players on about 90% of these types of issues, just in terms of players vs. owners etc.) he burns the bridge that allows him to be remembered well and honored here. It'll always have a bitter aftertaste, not helped by the fact that even when things were good this team sucked. He's probably the best player we've had in my lifetime (not counting the twilight of Green's long career), but the memory of it is ruined forever (if it was ever even that good, given the unfortunate context within which his career unfolded here).

If he cares that much about his legacy, he needs to lower his contract demands to try and get traded to a winning organization, and then he needs to either win a SB or two while playing excellently, or play consistently until he's about Jason Peters' age. Neither of those two scenarios seem likely, so despite his peaks here as an elite LT he'll probably be forgotten in the depths of NFL history. Playing forever for the same franchise and being atop the league at his position was probably his best bet to being remembered, a Joe Thomas type of career. 

He's made a ton of money though, and will make more, so that should soothe whatever part of the competitor in him that cares about his legacy. 

One thing those Russinni tweets say that I was saying MONTHS ago though was that for a players-relationship-culture type HC, Rivera was not doing a good job meeting with (or at least calling) the guys on the roster to establish a new normal and show some respect. I pointed this out way over a month ago and was shouted down by people saying he had more important things on his plate than touching base with 50+ players (which to me sounds like an evening's work or two with the help of an administrative assistant, but whatever). To me it seemed like the least a new HC could do whose main problem with the locker room was "culture". And it seems like that sentiment is out there in the locker room a little bit considering Russini's tweets. 

I'm sure once he gets in front of the whole 90-man roster at whatever point, and starts showing the guys what he's about, it won't be a problem. But it seemed like an easy thing to do and might have even chilled out a guy like Dunbar some, who had just had extension talks with the old regime yanked away from him. But who knows. 

If he's earned his money he's earned a spot in the Skins ring of honor.

22 minutes ago, Blind Reckoning said:

If he's earned his money he's earned a spot in the Skins ring of honor.

Not even sure what this means. He's not a SB-winning HOF QB who ended badly like Favre with the Packers, where you can see the fences mended in the future and a respectful addition to the Ring of Fame offered. He's a great LT who played on mostly bad teams for a decade, then refused to play his final season while forcing his way out with massive drama and collateral damage the following offseason.

Note: I'm not making a value judgement on whether Trent is right or wrong, or whatever. I still like him for the most part, actually, and wish we'd been able to calm his concerns and sign him to a three year extension, barring a trade for a 1st or 2nd rounder. 

I'm simply saying, whatever way you look at it, it's unrealistic for Trent to want to preserve his relationship with the franchise enough that he is welcomed as a Ring of Fame player in future years. Too much damage has been done imo no matter how good he was when he played for us. In fact I see it as so unrealistic given all that's happened in the last calendar year that I'd never have thought to even bring it up as a topic of conversation if it wasn't mentioned as something Trent himself cares about in that story earlier. That's absurd imo, can't have it both ways just because Snyder was cool to him and he made a lot of money here. 

Simple statement. Basically your talking outa both ends and that's truly gag worthy. Nothing's changed since Dec besides your opinion it seems. Go back and read your whole speal. Spin it all you want.

ConnSKINS26   

ConnSKINS26
  On 12/7/2019 at 11:23 AM, Blind Reckoning said:

I mean Trent hasn't earned the money he's already been given

This is just absolute gag-worthy horse****, and another example of how these billionaires have somehow managed to convince fans to side with them over the millionaire at best players on nearly every issue. It's ****ing silly. 

8 minutes ago, Blind Reckoning said:

Simple statement. Basically your talking outa both ends and that's truly gag worthy. Go back and read your whole speal. Spin it all you want.

ConnSKINS26   

ConnSKINS26
  On 12/7/2019 at 11:23 AM, Blind Reckoning said:

I mean Trent hasn't earned the money he's already been given

This is just absolute gag-worthy horse****, and another example of how these billionaires have somehow managed to convince fans to side with them over the millionaire at best players on nearly every issue. It's ****ing silly. 

Such is life bruh... Politicians live by this concept... Thus the biblical term "sheep."

Archived