Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

5 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

if that's the problem then Trent should lower his salary demands some more.  The compromise shouldn't have to be coming from the Redskins.  Trent is a Redskins asset.  And its Trent himself who is trying to diminish that asset by his behavior and supposed outlandish contract demands. 

The ironic part is he doesn’t realize or accept that his foolishness is affecting his all-around desirability and no one buys his woe-is-me routine.

4 hours ago, PartyPosse said:

I’m glad we’re now signing guys that were out of football altogether last year. At least they’ll be well-rested.

There is a LT on the team who has been out almost two years and some people on the board think he’s worth a 1st, for some reason.

Trent can't force his way out of here saying the relationship is irreparable, then come back in a decade and be in our Ring of Honor just because he likes Snyder for always signing his paychecks. Just can't have it both ways. He always seemed like a player who had his legacy in mind, which is why all of this came as such a shock originally, and why it was shocking again when he didn't seem receptive to mending fences with the new regime.  It's a shame, but by forcing his way out (and I've always been a fan who sides with players on about 90% of these types of issues, just in terms of players vs. owners etc.) he burns the bridge that allows him to be remembered well and honored here. It'll always have a bitter aftertaste, not helped by the fact that even when things were good this team sucked. He's probably the best player we've had in my lifetime (not counting the twilight of Green's long career), but the memory of it is ruined forever (if it was ever even that good, given the unfortunate context within which his career unfolded here).

If he cares that much about his legacy, he needs to lower his contract demands to try and get traded to a winning organization, and then he needs to either win a SB or two while playing excellently, or play consistently until he's about Jason Peters' age. Neither of those two scenarios seem likely, so despite his peaks here as an elite LT he'll probably be forgotten in the depths of NFL history. Playing forever for the same franchise and being atop the league at his position was probably his best bet to being remembered, a Joe Thomas type of career. 

He's made a ton of money though, and will make more, so that should soothe whatever part of the competitor in him that cares about his legacy. 

One thing those Russinni tweets say that I was saying MONTHS ago though was that for a players-relationship-culture type HC, Rivera was not doing a good job meeting with (or at least calling) the guys on the roster to establish a new normal and show some respect. I pointed this out way over a month ago and was shouted down by people saying he had more important things on his plate than touching base with 50+ players (which to me sounds like an evening's work or two with the help of an administrative assistant, but whatever). To me it seemed like the least a new HC could do whose main problem with the locker room was "culture". And it seems like that sentiment is out there in the locker room a little bit considering Russini's tweets. 

I'm sure once he gets in front of the whole 90-man roster at whatever point, and starts showing the guys what he's about, it won't be a problem. But it seemed like an easy thing to do and might have even chilled out a guy like Dunbar some, who had just had extension talks with the old regime yanked away from him. But who knows. 

35 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

I thought players were under team control for four years after they entered the league.  After that is when they would be first eligible for unrestricted free agency (unless they were a first rounder and had the 5th year option picked up). During the first four years, if the team wanted to keep them, they would sign them for one year at a time, unless they offered a more lucrative deal.  

So with Kyle Allen being with the Panthers for 2 years already, how can he be under team control for 3 years with the skins?  He wouldn't get his unrestricted free agency until 5 years of being in the league.

I believe in 2018  he was on practice squad and only played 2 games so that does not count as an accrued season. So he has 3 more years to go before he hits free agency  

Accrued seasons: Used to determine a player's free agency status (unrestricted, restricted, exclusive rights). In order to accrue a season, a player must have been on (or should have been on) full-play status for at least six regular-season games in a given season.

1 hour ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

One thing those Russinni tweets say that I was saying MONTHS ago though was that for a players-relationship-culture type HC, Rivera was not doing a good job meeting with (or at least calling) the guys on the roster to establish a new normal and show some respect. I pointed this out way over a month ago and was shouted down by people saying he had more important things on his plate than touching base with 50+ players (which to me sounds like an evening's work or two with the help of an administrative assistant, but whatever). To me it seemed like the least a new HC could do whose main problem with the locker room was "culture". And it seems like that sentiment is out there in the locker room a little bit considering Russini's tweets.

seems to me meeting with the guys who are here is different than meeting with a guy who is trying to force his way out.  In fact if he'd prioritized TW is could have set a bad precedent.  I bet this could have been a case where they met with totally opposite  agendas, where RR believed TW needed to impress him to be allowed back, and TW believed RR needed to impress him for him to consider coming back to the team

2 minutes ago, skeenzfan said:

I believe in 2018  he was on practice squad and only played 2 games so that does not count as an accrued season. So he has 3 more years to go before he hits free agency  

Accrued seasons: Used to determine a player's free agency status (unrestricted, restricted, exclusive rights). In order to accrue a season, a player must have been on (or should have been on) full-play status for at least six regular-season games in a given season.

Ahhh, thanks bud.  That explains it!

Yeah the comments made it clear Trent's agent is desperate, this is the same guy who told him he could make up the money he lost last year.  Now they are stuck and the team holds all the cards, Redskins are under no obligation to give him away for a 3rd day pick.  

The question is what now?  Ron's all in approach would lead us to believe he won't be back but if he's not traded or released (which won't happen) what are the team's other options other than play him?

Depleted secondary is making my gut twitch......1.2 and TW for 1.5, 1.18, 2.39 and a 4th next year. Tua sits under Fitzmagic for a year to insure he is ready to roll. Impossible I know, but man the action in FA so far has me twisted up. I'm usually wrong so disregard if not possible.

The Browns know they can pay Trent and saw how quickly a publicly unhappy Dunny was jettisoned out for a measly 5th.  I think the Browns are waiting to see if we do the same on the cheap after Trent's agents comments.  Hell maybe they are working together on this narrative to make RR just said "get rid of this sum**** know matter what we get".  Could be both sides are playing poker right now to see who'll flinch.  If the draft is moved back Browns lose leverage if this goes into Mid April.

Just another thought on zee topic.

5 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

So Vincent Taylor, TW's agent also reps Cam Sims and Geron Christian.  According to their website they only rep like 10 NFL guys.

Sad thing is too, HigSkin is I think TWs agent also reps Jason Peters who we have had talks with.   

2 hours ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

@UK SKINS FAN 74 sorry for my jumbled post. Autocorrect on my phone made that incoherent and i was in a rush and didn’t spell check. But read the Tweets I just posted above. Team has control over Allen on cheap RFA level numbers through 2022. 

People keep presenting this cost control of garbage as if the cost control changes the scale of talent of the player. It doesn’t. He sucks. Unless he suddenly undergoes a talent transplant all this represents is cost control of a terrible player. So why then should the cost control matters. Unless the player is good and cheap or bad and expensive cost control is irrelevant. It’s a weak argument being trotted out as if it’s a good one and it just isn’t. I’d be listening if this was Gardner Minshew and he’d shown some promise, he isn’t and didn’t. 

1 hour ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I'm sure once he gets in front of the whole 90-man roster at whatever point, and starts showing the guys what he's about, it won't be a problem. But it seemed like an easy thing to do and might have even chilled out a guy like Dunbar some, who had just had extension talks with the old regime yanked away from him. But who knows. 

Yeah, I think Rivera really dropped the ball in this regard.

Heck, Tom Brady asked for the numbers of all of his new Tampa teammates. 🤷‍♂️

"They're not being stubborn," one source said of trade talks. 

Considering the wide array of trades that have already happened this offseason, multiple teams have already looked at flexible ways to exchange players and draft picks as a means to get deals done. 

For the Redskins and Williams, that could mean that conversations centered around a second-round pick evolve into a package that doesn't contain a second-rounder but delivers similar value.

An example of that came from a SNY report that the Jets might consider trading two third-round picks to Washington for Williams instead of a single second-round pick. Around the NFL, many teams use some similar approach that specific draft picks contain a specific numeric value, and the Redskins want to attain that value more than the organization is focused on a specific pick. In this case, both Jets third-round picks would equate to a single second-rounder.

"It's a willingness to be creative," one source said. 

On Monday, Trent Williams' agent put out a statement that said the Redskins had been operating without "good faith" to get a trade done and the team's demands had been "inconsistent."

It's highly possible, even probable, that trying to hammer out terms of a complicated trade deal with a value comparable to a seven-time Pro Bowl left tackle require vision, and that each conversation does not sound the same. 

Let's also be clear about something: Washington will not give Williams away without good value.

He's one of the best offensive linemen in the NFL. If that player isn't worth a second-round pick, or perhaps an equivalent package, is it worth trading Williams? That's the question being kicked around among Redskins officials. 

If true and the Skins have told teams they will accept a third rounder, then that is not the reason Trent hasn’t been traded. A third rounder is nothing nowadays. His agency has to try and drum up interest so he can get a new contract. $16 million for a guy who hasn’t played a full season since 2013 and didn’t play at all last year is a lot of money. It’s a case that TW and his agency overvalued the market which is probably what Ron knew and granted permission for a trade right away. 

I love TW but at this point I’m over him. Too much drama. 

Archived