Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

52 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Absolutely @Skinsinparadise

As of right now, we have these injury prone players on the roster (listed by games/season):

Bryce Love (0.0g/year)

Derrius Guice  (2.5g/yr)

Paul Richardson (5.0g/yr)

Reuben Foster (5.28g/yr)

Trey Quinn (7.48g/year)

Jordan Reed (10.83g/yr)

Quinton Dunbar (11.6g/year)

And those are just the guys that we rely upon on a regular basis (or could be in the case of Love [granted, he was drafted injured, so its a SLIGHTLY different situation).

I don't think we should add to that pile. Maybe the new training staff fixes some of that. Maybe it doesn't. But I don't think you can count on any of these guys to be honest. And Foster/Dunbar happen to be in positions where depth is in serious question. 

I'd cut Richardson and Reed.   As for Guice and Love at least they'd be part of a rotation and Peterson seems very durable.   If Guice and Love can stay healthy I think they both end up superstars.

Dunbar to me is the most concerning considering he's arguably the only good corner they have.  they need to add another 2 corners IMO. 

18 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

@KDawg I have to disagree with you about the LBers. I don't think we've got any solid commodities in there really, except maybe Anderson, but I don't think it's quite as desperate as you're making it seem. Seeing as how the new coaches both are LBers, I'd imaging that position will either be addressed by replacement or focus and training. I think there's something there personally, but who knows. 

The HC/DC bring LBs don’t mean much. They are good coaches to be sure. But our linebackers this year weren’t very good, putting more of them on the field isn’t a promising trait. 

9 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I'd cut Richardson and Reed.   As for Guice and Love at least they'd be part of a rotation and Peterson seems very durable.   If Guice and Love can stay healthy I think they both end up superstars.

Dunbar to me is the most concerning considering he's arguably the only good corner they have.  they need to add another 2 corners IMO. 

Will be interesting to see how guys like Guice and Love come along now with a new training staff in place.  I totally agree with you about the both of these guys being superstars IF they can stay healthy. 

I like what i've read about Tre Boston but haven't watched him yet.  PFF rates him highly albeit their metrics are far from perfect at judging players

These four things stick out.

1.  He's a pure coverage FS type.  Perfect if they are going to run a cover 1 scheme primarily which some say Del Rio prefers.

2.  He usually doesn't command big money so he won't break the bank

3.  He has played for Rivera so he can help with the culture stuff.  He's a vocal dude from what i can tell

4.  He's durable

any rumors about cap casualties out there this year?  I can see the Skins going for a top flight TE and FS in standard free agency, but for other things like backup QB, TE, maybe a starting OLB I can see them trying to save money and potential comp picks by looking elsewhere besides UFAs

For backup QB, I don't see Case or Colt coming back, Smith might get a shot at a spot if he can pass a physical.  I see us looking at a street free agent and a UDFA or two for the back up spots

I'm not sure what they should do about WR and RB depth.  We're very young at WR but a lot of the youth is very low round guys and UDFA who may have maxed out their talent and we're very injured at RB

4 minutes ago, KDawg said:

The HC/DC bring LBs don’t mean much. They are good coaches to be sure. But our linebackers this year weren’t very good, putting more of them on the field isn’t a promising trait. 

they weren't very good at the things they were asked to do, which could be very different from the things they'll be asked to do next year

4 hours ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

I don’t expect to spend a boatload in FA. I don’t think we will release a ton of players and get to $95 million in cap space.

We might not, but I wouldn't be surprised if we are a whole lot more active than we have been.  Ron is GOING to clean house, he said he is not in this for a 5 year turn around, and he wants to get wins now.  They have some talent in some spots on the roster.  I can see them filling out TE, OL, LB and Safety with FAs.  Obviously not all will be big-name, big-money guys. 

Also, there will be players both coaches have coached before who will be brought in, specifically defensively, to fill spots in the secondary and at LB.  

I don't think we're going to be tracking RedskinsOne, but I think it's going to be a lot more active this year.

And I do think there will be some cuts.  Probably more than most people think.  Just a gut feeling.  

13 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Not how I meant that. I was implying that JDR and RR may know how to train, coach and teach you LBers much better. It seemed like a lot of the issues with our guys were presnap confusion, diagnosing the play in front of them and discipline and that should all be coachable. 

21 minutes ago, carex said:

they weren't very good at the things they were asked to do, which could be very different from the things they'll be asked to do next year

They're going to be asked to do something different than shed blocks, play downhill and cover?

For the MIKE spot, yes.

Outside backers, no.

4 minutes ago, skinzplay said:

Kyle Allen? He's a free agent. Worth consideration?

Sure, makes sense. I wish we would have signed Chad Kelly when Denver released him but Allen makes for a decent and logical backup signing I think. Chase Young has officially declared and likely a Redskin soon. I think it's safe to say Ron is going to continue to build on the strength of the team, which is the defense of course. Plenty of good FA's to choose from to help the team. It will be an exciting next few months for sure.

There's two 25 year old TE's that are free agents, Austin Hooper and Hunter Henry, Henry seems to be a guy that hasn't quite reached his potential (injuries) but he has some skill and would probably be more affordable.

From what I read Hooper is Atlanta's #1 focus this offseason so chances are he will have a deal in place soon but we need a reliable pass catching TE, Haskins needs that reliable safety valve.

Also, a guy who can play tackle and guard is Halapoulivaati Vaitai, he's a free agent from Philly, had a PFF grade of 72.8 last year and has been stuck behind pro bowlers since he was drafted but he fills in at whatever spot Philly needs him based on their injury situation.  The guy came in for Peters and played from week 7 through the Superbowl, I think he's worth a serious look. He's a starter.

5 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

There's two 25 year old TE's that are free agents, Austin Hooper and Hunter Henry, Henry seems to be a guy that hasn't quite reached his potential (injuries) but he has some skill and would probably be more affordable.

From what I read Hooper is Atlanta's #1 focus this offseason so chances are he will have a deal in place soon but we need a reliable pass catching TE, Haskins needs that reliable safety valve.

Hunter Henry plays in 10.25 games/season. 

For context. That’s less than Dunbar, but folks believe Dunbar is too injury prone.

Its also less than Jordan Reed.

Just now, jamellm78 said:

‼️Breaking‼️ The KC Chiefs have agreed to send RG Laurent Dunvernay- Tadif to the Washington Redskins for a future 3rd round pick. 
Just saw this on Twitter

If true, this means they are likely planning on moving on from one of the guards. And with him being a RG, it looks like that guard is Scherff.

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

Hunter Henry plays in 10.25 games/season. 

For context. That’s less than Dunbar, but folks believe Dunbar is too injury prone.

Its also less than Jordan Reed.

Yep, he missed all of 2018 but we need a veteran TE IMO and he will be somewhat affordable.  His lifetime catch % is over 70, he has skills so I think he's worth a look but you're right, the medical report may come back poor.

15 minutes ago, KDawg said:

If true, this means they are likely planning on moving on from one of the guards. And with him being a RG, it looks like that guard is Scherff.

Why would believe that? The Chiefs would trade a player while still in the playoffs?

Come on. You’re better than that.

My top free agent targets, in order, after re-signing Scherff and extending Trent:

1. Austin Hooper - TE

2. Byron Jones - CB

3. Anthony Harris - FS

4. Justin Simmons - FS

5. James Bradberry - CB

6. Tre Boston - FS

7. Cory Littleton - LB

8. Jack Conklin - RT

9. Kendall Fuller - Slot CB

10. Chris Harris Jr. - Slot CB

11. Hunter Henry - TE

12. Eric Ebron - TE

13. Trae Waynes - CB

14. Jamie Collins - LB

15. Danny Trevathon - LB

10 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Why would believe that? The Chiefs would trade a player while still in the playoffs?

Come on. You’re better than that.

Well, a few reasons:

1) The trade rules seemingly change yearly, and I have no idea when trades are permitted anymore. (This goes for removing players from IR, too :ols: )

2) I didn't say I believed that. If you look, I said, "if true". I don't believe much of what I see on here until I see it confirmed anywhere (Welcome to Chase Young, for example. He's not here yet. I don't believe it). 

3) I do appreciate the compliment though about my general wherewithal. :)

46 minutes ago, Chump Bailey said:

Sure, makes sense. I wish we would have signed Chad Kelly when Denver released him but Allen makes for a decent and logical backup signing I think. Chase Young has officially declared and likely a Redskin soon. I think it's safe to say Ron is going to continue to build on the strength of the team, which is the defense of course. Plenty of good FA's to choose from to help the team. It will be an exciting next few months for sure.

Allen is an Exclusive Rights Free Agent, if Carolina makes any offer to him at all, he's off the table

19 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

From what we see from Grier, Carolina absolutely has to keep Allen around.

Not as it pertains to us, but I'm really interested in following a lot of QB moves...

Jameis doesn't seem to be a guy Bruce Arians wants around. He can throw for 5000 yards, 30 TDs and 40 picks and be entertaining as hell. I'd hate for him to be on my team, but I'll enjoy watching him elsewhere. This is a guy that, if Cincy decides to get cute, they could go after and then draft Young. I put that chance at about 2%. But still, something to watch.

Cam Newton - I think he stays. But could be interesting.

Philip Rivers, Drew Brees - Both likely to stay put or hang 'em up. But should be interesting.

Eli Manning - Sounds like he wants to play somewhere. 

Sam Rosen - Miami is likely to move on from him at some point. I'd love to see what their move is. And where he ends up. 

Case Keenum - Fun to see where he ends up. 

Teddy Bridgewater/Marcus Mariota - I could see Mariota ending up in Pittsburgh.

Ryan Tannehill - Probably stays put in Titan land. 

Tom Brady - If he's not with New England, he would likely stop playing. But I'd be intrigued if Tampa would go after him. 

Dak Prescott - Likely Dallas ponies up for him. But he's going to cost them a lot of cash.

Taysom Hill - New Orleans is really high on this guy's X-Factor value. Likely stays, but will be a fun watch.

Kyle Allen - Probably stays in Carolina as a back up, but I don't love him. 

Matt Moore - My personal favorite to compete with Haskins if they aren't going full fledged replacement for Haskins strategy.

Nick Mullens - Because it could be fun to see where he lands.

Archived