Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Coaching Staff thread: Now complete OP edited 1/15/20

Burgold

19 minutes ago, DCdangerous said:

It says in this article that Ike Hillard is still the WR coach.

https://redskinswire.usatoday.com/2020/01/13/mclaurin-has-chance-to-be-special/

I'd be happy if we kept Ike. I loved what he did with the three rookies this year. I'd read that Rivera went a different way. Maybe it was a false tweet. Let's keep an eye out on this.

Thanks for the head's up.

If we don't have a DL coach yet, Brenston Buckner is available. He was let go by the Raiders for Rod Marinelli. In his lone year as the Raiders DL coach, they went from 13 sacks in 2018 to 32 this season and went from 30th against the run in 2018 to 8th this season. Guys a respected coach and is going to be a good hire to somebody's defensive staff. 

12 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

We do have one.

Sam Mills, III

His father was a great player at LB for the Saints and Panthers. One of those guys that even though he didn't play for the Skins, you had to love the way he played.

Not sure what I was thinking giving too much credit to Buckner for helping get the Raiders from 13 sacks in 2018 to 32 in 2019. 13 team sacks in a season is absolutely pathetic and although 32 is obviously a big improvement, it isn't exactly bringing the heat either.  

5 minutes ago, fearlessNelms said:

His father was a great player at LB for the Saints and Panthers. One of those guys that even though he didn't play for the Skins, you had to love the way he played.

Yea, he was the first Panther to have his # retired.

Sadly he died from cancer at 45.

Let's hope SM3 has lot of his Dad in him

23 hours ago, DCdangerous said:

It says in this article that Ike Hillard is still the WR coach.

https://redskinswire.usatoday.com/2020/01/13/mclaurin-has-chance-to-be-special/

It has to be wrong.

We have officially announced both a WR coach and an assistant WR coach, Jim Hostler and Drew Terrell, respectively.

2 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

Noooooo!!   My man crush joe Brady is going to Carolina.  Why didn't the Redskins full court press this guy?!?   

Don't sweat it bro.

If he's going to Carolina then he's bound to be here in the next couple years.

Carolina is the new Tampa.

Man, we would be lucky as hell if Luke Keuchly came to coach here. He lives in the film room and would be another strong leader in the locker room that our LB's respect enough to listen too.

Edit: I guess Zampese is official now. And Ike Hilliard is not our WR Coach anymore, it's Jim Hostler.

Didn’t want to get too excited before it was official, but the Zampese hire is HUGE for Haskins development. He’s the main reason Baker Mayfield looked so good his rookie year but regressed the next year after Zampese left. 

He’s also worked with Kurt Warner and Carson Palmer. This might be the most important assistant hire we’ve had in a long time. 

I know the staff has been posted buy I added where they came from - - Carolina, Redskins holdover or Outside Hire. The results are below. By the numbers: Not counting Ron Rivera: 20 Coaches listed - 

Carolina - 13

Redskins Holdover - 2

Outside Hire - 5

Also, Luke Del-Rio (Yes, Jack's son) took the job they were talking about Cooley taking, Quality Control Offense. Ron's nephew is being brought over from Carolina as Quality Control Defense. 

Not sure there are any inferences to draw from this other than Ron likes his own people and most HCs do. So nothing earth shattering. Just found it kind of interesting. May come back to this later and see how it has worked out. 

image.png.19338fc14313cabb0db6cc51930bd0c3.png

Archived