Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

OC - Scott Turner incoming

UKskins

38 minutes ago, MariusVT said:

You don't sign Teddy to that kind of contract and not have him as your starter with 16 mil sitting around in Alex Smith already regardless of if the cap can handle it or not.  It also says it's already decided Haskins has no future with this team.  

Really this is a rhetorical post because I already know the stock reply from you.

You do? I wasn't aware I had a stock answer.

Will be interesting to see what conclusion he comes to after evaluating our roster RB position. 

We all know what we've got, with a couple of question marks over health and injury records, whilst he's come from a team having McCaffrey who has racked up 5,500 yards in three seasons and has accounted for a good third of the Panthers offensive production. 

• Like 1

@SoCalSkins is a crazy dude but I think his logic is generally pretty accurate. 😂

I also expect RR to get a starting-caliber vet QB to compete. Best player wins; let's hope it's Dwayne. RR not beholden to the young guy because his job is to win games and he didn't pick any of these players. Alex Smith is a sunk cost so it doesn't matter. He could be a long-snapper - that cap hit is gone and he won't be dressed on game-day regardless so what does it matter whether he's a QB? It doesn't.

And *ALSO* I'd love to see Teddy come. He's gonna wanna start and if he finds a different destination with an easier likelihood of winning the QB1 job he'll go there, but if not I think he'd be a good fit here.

Also agree Dwayne needs to invest in his off-season prep to get off on the right foot with Rivera. i do think Ron LIKES Dwayne, but I don't think he's in LOVE with him or feels obligated to stick with him by any means. Dwayne's ****iness can be a great trait if it's shaped the right way and augmented by work ethic. I think Dwayne has the best intentions but needs proper guidance - and that's okay! But it doesn't entitle him to anything.

Honestly, I don't want to make too much of the press conference thing, but I do think it was a missed opportunity. I don't know when Dwayne planned his vacation but knowing Gruden was gone weeks before, and that an external hire was likely to come directly after the season, he could have adjusted his schedule to make sure he was there. It's something a great leader would have done. No matter, not a huge deal and no need to drag it out - but I do hope he invests proper time in the offseason. And again, while @SoCalSkins is crazy lol, he does make a very astute point about the Norv Loophole. Dwayne can spend aaaas much time with Norv as he wants and he should.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SumTingWong said:

Synchronicity: B-Mitch on 980 just mentioned Scott Turner’s use of motion and so called window dressing and how “the best offenses like K.C. confuse defenses to get players WIDE OPEN”.

He just said that he’ll have much more to say next hour.

I've long felt that scheming people open hasnt really been our problem, at least in the Shanahan and Gruden eras.  It's almost always been the QB. 

In today's NFL, getting open isnt as hard as it used to be.  It's whether you can block it up and can the QB read and execute.  Offenses are spreading people out, everybody that's not an OL can catch, and you cant touch anybody.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, justice98 said:

I've long felt that scheming people open hasnt really been our problem, at least in the Shanahan and Gruden eras.  It's almost always been the QB. 

In today's NFL, getting open isnt as hard as it used to be.  It's whether you can block it up and can the QB read and execute.  Offenses are spreading people out, everybody that's not an OL can catch, and you cant touch anybody.

I know people like to slam on Jay and some of it was justified. But his offense got WRs open. How many times were wide open WRs missed deep. Those are game changers. The recs were open, the QBs could not find them - either poor passes or poor blocking resulting in a check down or a sack. 

So hearing "Scott's" offense gets players open is not of much value. Is he given a QB that can make the plays - and can he coach them up along with the QBs coach. Again, I like Zampese - not just because of name. He has some good QBs work on his resume. But will Scott and Haskins or whoever get on the same page and work like a team. I hope so.

We also really need to rework the Oline. I said this elsewhere - ask Trent one time, look at the changes are you in or out - it's a yes/no question period. Anything other than yes is a no - there are no well if, if. I like Trent and feel like he was mostly justified but with these changes if he is not in 100% then move him - like dumbass bruce should have done last off-season. We could be going into this draft with at least another 1st or 2nd or maybe even both seeing what what Miami got for Tunsil. 

Cut/trade do whatever for Moses. Time for him to moses on down the road. I would like to keep Scherff but now you would have to pay top $. Not interested in that - ty again bruce you stupid ****! Get a LT in the draft and possibly a G. Then pay up for a FA Right Tackle if it's not Christian. 

Edited by goskins10
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Jumbo said:

do you know mine?

i looked in the in box and see nothing

they always try to leave me out

I actually tried writing a Python based machine learning program to read through all of your posts and then generate "stock Jumbo replies", but all it kept doing was spitting out Borges essays in Pig Latin so I eventually gave it up as a bad job. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I actually tried writing a Python based machine learning program to read through all of your posts and then generate "stock Jumbo replies", but all it kept doing was spitting out Borges essays in Pig Latin so I eventually gave it up as a bad job. 

Bro, Don't go messing with the Umbo-Jay.

12 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Ok, someone has way too much time on their hands...  🙂  

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, mistertim said:

i know way more of the swine dialect than the original form but in my teens the book of imaginary beings was my first of many of his...went to him, huxley and others right after a lovecraft and derleth phase....but i digress

yog.jpg

• Like 2

I wonder how much Scott will be hating life if we have no run game. Kyle was spoiled having Mikes run game handed to him, to give him a careers worth of play action to live off of. Scott is losing CMC meanwhile we kinda need an overhaul at RB.  Jordan may be the best coach in the league but I don't see it and it will be more him this year. We were told for years Callahan was great, and I never saw that one either. Has anyone liked our run game after Morris's rookie year/Mike left?  Our OL had no run game identity.

I think its going to tough sledding for Scott especially with us taking a DE at 2 and no 2nd rounder. We have to get a TE but I like some of the vet names out there. Starting with Henry.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/tight-end/

Edited by RandyHolt

On 1/7/2020 at 2:55 PM, RabidFan said:

Never ever read or heard that nickname but if so I can only assume that KDawg came up with it and tried to infect the message board with it.  LOL 😏

I just saw this for the first time. Wrong Play McVay is a terrible nickname. I would never coin that as a thing. I'm quite frankly offended you'd attach my good work to that drivel.

McVay was always Minigun McVay. Obviously.

Trampstamp Turner is going to gain some steam here, too. I can feel it.

Edited by KDawg