Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

OC - Scott Turner incoming

UKskins

4 hours ago, HigSkin said:

Craig Hoffman on 106.7 Junkies this morning said he's pretty sure KOC is #1 OC, Pat Shurmur who that have interviewed is #2 and Scott Turner #3.  

I got to listen to that.  Hoffman has suggested that relatively speaking as a reporter, he's fairly tight with O'Connell.  When a tweet by some reporter came out on 1/1 that O'Connell was going to be kept, forgot where the tweet came from, Hoffman said hold your horses on that based on his conversations.

Hoffman has been saying its a two way interview and he's not sure that O'Connell wants to stay.  Who knows if that's true.    

Granted its all speculation but I do trust some reporters more than others as to specific ties.  For example, I trusted Paulsen more on Kirk related stuff.  On the same token, I trust Hoffman more on O'Connell relating info. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

Hoffman just on, he said O'Connell wants to see what happens with McDaniels.  

Some here said why would O'Connell want to go elsewhere with McDaniels versus stay here?  To me it doesn't seem crazy.  O'Connell doesn't go back with Rivera.  If my buddy was getting a job for another team versus dealing with a new boss where I was at, I'd probably favor going to be with my pal. 

The other aspect of this is if McDaniels wants him and some national reporters purport, he can perhaps leverage that to get more money if he creates some competition for his services.

As for Rivera's feeling on it, Hoffman didn't delves into it in that segment.  I'll go back and listen to the Junkies if that's where he talked about it.  Granted this all could be a slant that O'Connell wants out where true or not, no way to know -- considering Hoffman's narrative is more or less O'Connell is wanted and he's sort of driving the process some. 

Edit:

Grant said based on his conversations with people at Redskins Park, O'Connell is interested in exploring other options in the mix.   And they are considering chasing Shurmur (but haven't, yet) if O'Connell is out. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise

27 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Hoffman just on, he said O'Connell wants to see what happens with McDaniels.  

Some here said why would O'Connell want to go elsewhere with McDaniels versus stay here?  To me it doesn't seem crazy.  O'Connell doesn't go back with Rivera.  If my buddy was getting a job for another team versus dealing with a new boss where I was at, I'd probably favor going to be with my pal. 

The other aspect of this is if McDaniels wants him and some national reporters purport, he can perhaps leverage that to get more money if he creates some competition for his services.

As for Rivera's feeling on it, Hoffman didn't delves into it in that segment.  I'll go back and listen to the Junkies if that's where he talked about it.  Granted this all could be a slant that O'Connell wants out where true or not, no way to know -- considering Hoffman's narrative is more or less O'Connell is wanted and he's sort of driving the process some. 

Edit:

Grant said based on his conversations with people at Redskins Park, O'Connell is interested in exploring other options in the mix.   And they are considering chasing Shurmur (but haven't, yet) if O'Connell is out. 

All of this stinks to me.  We should be pushing the Shurmur to DC as OC hard.  RR should lay it on the line and say Do you or don't you want to be here as our OC to KOC, then move ahead.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RWJ said:

All of this stinks to me.  We should be pushing the Shurmur to DC as OC hard.  RR should lay it on the line and say Do you or don't you want to be here as our OC to KOC, then move ahead.

Relax.

Let RR work it out. There are lots of factors we are not privy to at play here.

IF KOC is the next McVey, I would love to keep him, but not at the expense of a strained/fractured relationship with the headcoach. 

Let RR chose who RR wants to. It may or may not be $$ related.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, ntotoro said:

Other than continuity, is there any reason for there to be a bidding war over O'Connell?

Fans are afraid we are letting the next McVey, Kyle Shannahan slip through our fingers.

I will say that KOC seemed to contribute heavily to DH growth, but who knows if/what he will evolve into.

31 minutes ago, jbird said:

Relax.

Let RR work it out. There are lots of factors we are not privy to at play here.

IF KOC is the next McVey, I would love to keep him, but not at the expense of a strained/fractured relationship with the headcoach. 

Let RR chose who RR wants to. It may or may not be $$ related.

True.  Whatever will be will be.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

So the ball is completely in KoCs court, huh? That's just shockingly different than a certain poster's narrative.  :ols:

He is under contract. There is nothing in his court. Just more nonsense. Redskins own him in the NFL. He can’t do anything without permission. 

• Haha 1

IMO, who cares about KOC.  Sure he was able to build a rapport with Haskins, but the guy may be getting too big for his britches.  If he wants to another opportunity, that's fine.  I trust Coach Rivera more than I do KOC.  Rivera has a plan and vision for the whole team, while KOC is looking out for himself at this point

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, SAli457180 said:

IMO, who cares about KOC.  Sure he was able to build a rapport with Haskins, but the guy may be getting too big for his britches.  If he wants to another opportunity, that's fine.  I trust Coach Rivera more than I do KOC.  Rivera has a plan and vision for the whole team, while KOC is looking out for himself at this point

Of course he's looking out for himself...as Rivera would if the situations were reversed.🤔

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, SAli457180 said:

Um, I care about the guy who was able to get Haskins on the upswing after a terrible start.  

Wasn't it Jason Campbell that had, like, 3 offensive coordinators in his first three years here?  Now I'm not saying Jason Campbell would have been way better if he only had one...IMO, if you can play, you can play.  But I can't imagine that it makes it any easier when there's turnover.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Um, I care about the guy who was able to get Haskins on the upswing after a terrible start.  

Wasn't it Jason Campbell that had, like, 3 offensive coordinators in his first three years here?  Now I'm not saying Jason Campbell would have been way better if he only had one...IMO, if you can play, you can play.  But I can't imagine that it makes it any easier when there's turnover.  

JG "Hey, our young QB seems kind of confused. Think you can help?"

Al Saunders " No problem, here, learn this 500 page playbook this week".  :ols:

33 minutes ago, SAli457180 said:

Of course he's looking out for himself. What do you think there is 400 Dick Vermiels running around NFL front offices?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Hoffman was just talking about it again on air.  He doubled down that O'Connell and McDaniels are super close.   It sounds like there is a chance he stays but he wants to see what goes down with McDaniels before making a call.   

I'm hoping McDaniels goes to the Browns instead of the Giants if he gets a HC gig.

• Like 1

I am fine with KOC remaining here, but I also think the KOC/Haskins thing is a bit overblown.  Haskins has been the starter for half a season, it isn't like he and KOC have been working together for multiple seasons and have unlocked some kind of huge secret to Haskins's game.  If KOC leaves, the game film is going to remain behind. I don't think Haskins was doing anything terribly complicated or revolutionary out there on the field, it was a simple matter of KOC game planning around the strengths/weaknesses/inexperience of a young QB.  Something any Offensive coordinator should be able to competently do. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Hoffman was just talking about it again on air.  He doubled down that O'Connell and McDaniels are super close.   It sounds like there is a chance he stays but he wants to see what goes down with McDaniels before making a call.   

Would be ironic if we swapped play-callers with the Giants this off-season.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yeah I'd kind of hate that the Giants would have O'Connell as backup if McDaniels turns up as the HC there.  

If we could convince Shurmur to come here and get Scott Turner as the QB coach, I'd be OK with it.  Shurmur is a proven OC as that got him his HC gigs.  Hate to lose KOC but it's like the writings on the wall that he goes with McDaniels and I'd take Shurmer OC/Lil Turner QB coach if KOC leaves.