Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

4-3 Starting Lineup

1 minute ago, GothSkinsFan said:

Thing I saw on the sack highlights is that it generally wasn't just one guy getting through.  That whole line was running through walls for Coach.  I told you we were built to stop the pass and we certainly did.  With all the controversy swirling around the Team, a rook at RDE, a 2nd-year player at LDE, a DT who can't spell PAIN, a DT whose name can't be spelled, and a guy who's so old he just set the Team sack record, 8 sacks against last year's division winner.  Eight sacks.

RUFKM???  8???  That's it???

We’ve built a foundation on d.  We gotta address ol with similar zeal to keep us from being too predictable in the run game.  A more bullish ol and this team could really do what it wants

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Califan007 said:

"You’d be foolish to deny the reality that Washington’s DL can change games. They have the best DL in football."

I think that’s a good analysis. We’re a bad football team with a DL that has the ability to change games.

• Like 2

Loved the 8 sacks, 2 INTs, forced fumble and recovery against Wentz, but this was a Philly O-line with some issues. If we can get5 or 6 sacks against a couple of really good O-lines, and the LBs and secondary step up a lot, then I'll feel better about our prospects for the season.    

• Like 4

Apke needs to step up.  he's the weakest link of the defense and then darby.  moreaux needs to start opposite of fuller from now on with moreland covering the slot.  kamren kurl looked good for his debut also.  i hope they start learning how to sack a midget this next game cause murray is very elusive.  

13 minutes ago, ultravin said:

Apke needs to step up.  he's the weakest link of the defense and then darby.  moreaux needs to start opposite of fuller from now on with moreland covering the slot.  kamren kurl looked good for his debut also.  i hope they start learning how to sack a midget this next game cause murray is very elusive.  

I don't know, Apke was awful that first half but he was good in the 2nd half. Him and Curl were doing some things, we might have to keep a little rotation with them going for a while to see who should be on the field more. 

Our LBs got destroyed in coverage. That was where the defense struggled in that first half. They'll have to step it up in coverage or that will be the ongoing strategy against us. 

2 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

I don't know, Apke was awful that first half but he was good in the 2nd half. Him and Curl were doing some things, we might have to keep a little rotation with them going for a while to see who should be on the field more. 

Our LBs got destroyed in coverage. That was where the defense struggled in that first half. They'll have to step it up in coverage or that will be the ongoing strategy against us. 

absolutely!!! they need to figure out how to cover these TE's.  that's been one of their weaknesses for years!

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I think that’s a good analysis. We’re a bad football team with a DL that has the ability to change games.

In my opinion we are what I expected, a team with not a lot of x-factor but a team with players who are being given a chance by Rivera to see what they can do, but most importantly a team that will give there all for each other, the coaches and us fans, and that will do for me Win, Lose or Tie. 

HTTFT

44 minutes ago, carex said:

people trying to downplay the sacks because we're a good DL vs a bad OL

Well our LBs are middling and that's one of the elite TE combinations

Total nonsense.  We've be ed n one of the more injured teams in the league for what seems like a decade now (both Shanghai Mike and Gruden tenures). Injuries are and forever will be cowardly copouts.

• Like 1

Kept everyone's snap counts below 60.  That is beautiful.  That's how you keep your DL fast and fresh through the end of the game.

The offense did their job and scored enough points and controlled the ball long enough to give the defense a chance to dominate.  Hopefully we can replicate this formula for many more games.

• Like 4
3 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Total nonsense.  We've be ed n one of the more injured teams in the league for what seems like a decade now (both Shanghai Mike and Gruden tenures). Injuries are and forever will be cowardly copouts.

We absolutely have be ed n!!!

• Haha 3
1 hour ago, Fresh8686 said:

Curl, Moreland, and Collins absolutely destroyed the Eagles screen game all day long.

Too true, and Fuller was a beast vs the screen game in his previous stint with us.  Takes some pressure off our edge guys to make those stops.  

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Should Ryan Kerrigan do his muscle-man pose in an empty stadium, if there are no bears in the woods, to actually see it ?

he plays like that every week he can **** wherever he wants.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
18 hours ago, Fresh8686 said:

Curl, Moreland, and Collins absolutely destroyed the Eagles screen game all day long.

Why not Collins @ FS & Curl SS?  Apke is just not going to cut it.